Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2010, 10:13   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Argos home deliveries

I wouldn't worry too much, you should hear how he describes the woman neighbour he has!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2010, 10:20   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I wouldn't worry too much, you should hear how he describes the woman neighbour he has!

I think he likes me - we exchange christmas presents every year, though one year the present was rather odd
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg mr-wonderful.jpeg (4.1 KB, 11 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:35   #48
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I think he likes me - we exchange christmas presents every year, though one year the present was rather odd
Ah, he obviously knows you're only happy, and fulfilled, when you have a little man in your life.

He sounds quite tuned in.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:49   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, that surely shows you have issues of self-control that need to be mastered, violence doesn't solve anything, cue the old joke and I'll fight anyone that says it does.

You have told us many times now you are offended & that as well as your son probably your dog is offended,

now why don't you take some time off, calm down, read through it and come up with a term that can be used universally for anything without causing offence somewhere to somebody, there will always be differences of opinion on the description of many types of thing and even more about many types of people.

However, to take offence when none was intended is downright bad manners.
Well, actually to trivialise something that is important to others by inferring my dog (if i had one) would be offended, is what i would call downright bad manners!

Ive mentioned previously its difficult to come up with terms that dont cause offence. However i feel secure in saying that not one member on this forum would feel comfortable addressing a Brain Injured person as a Mental Defective!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:10   #50
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Well, actually to trivialise something that is important to others by inferring my dog (if i had one) would be offended, is what i would call downright bad manners!

Ive mentioned previously its difficult to come up with terms that dont cause offence. However i feel secure in saying that not one member on this forum would feel comfortable addressing a Brain Injured person as a Mental Defective!

Best Regards - Taggy
Yes you have mentioned it previously, many times previously the effect now is wearing on any sympathy I had for you cause.

If as a person close to a mental defective, brain damaged whatever way we describe it you are determined to take offence.
If you find it difficult to find the terms and you have to face this problem every day, cut some slack for those of us that aren't spending time trying to come up with a more tolerable term.

If you can't do it what chance have we?

Now, you have repeated your point many times, could we spend less time being forced into sack cloth & ashes and more time laughing at Maggies argos problem?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:35   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes you have mentioned it previously, many times previously the effect now is wearing on any sympathy I had for you cause.

If as a person close to a mental defective, brain damaged whatever way we describe it you are determined to take offence.
If you find it difficult to find the terms and you have to face this problem every day, cut some slack for those of us that aren't spending time trying to come up with a more tolerable term.

If you can't do it what chance have we?

Now, you have repeated your point many times, could we spend less time being forced into sack cloth & ashes and more time laughing at Maggies argos problem?
Not a case of repeating my point, ive just been answering replies from others to my quoted comments, its what happens on forums aint it! However your right, i've said all i need to on the subject by now, and the original subject matter should be left to be the focus of this thread!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 07-04-2010, 14:37   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That does sound unusual, and especially uncomfortable if it's an oddly shaped package.

Trust you, where do you get these from
Old 07-04-2010, 14:44   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
My neighbours.

They're delivered here by mistake, and I sit on them until I can use them.

Old 07-04-2010, 14:54   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post

He's called Ken and he Tuckys them away for later!!

Best Regards - Taggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..