Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 14:56   #1
God Member

Army cuts

In another forum I have read that '5000' soldiers are planning a protest march on London.

and....."one of the decision makers on disbanding these regiments is visiting 2RRF (one of the regiments being disbanded) tomorrow in Celle, Germany... He is expecting a march past... The boys are going to *ahem* give him something else.."

In view of DaveG's former army connections, and his present location, I ask him to please report any incident the german media may report, because it is not likely to be reported in UK media.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2012, 15:15   #2
God Member

Re: Army cuts

so good old cameron wants to sack some brave soldiers so that he can put them on the dole and call them scum because theres no jobs for them to go to hes made sure of that

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 15:47   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

My cousin has been told that he is being made redundant. He is a sergeant in the RAF and has been there for 21 years. After 22 years in the RAF you can claim full RAF pension. My cousin's redundancy will come into force when he is 7 weeks short of the 22 years, therefore, saving the RAF a fortune. He is not the only one this is happening to, there are hundreds up and down the country.
No matter how good a life style the armed forces personnel may have when we are not at war, I would never recommend to anyone that they join up. People like my cousin, who have seen active service, are robbed blind in the most underhand way when it comes to their pensions.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 15:54   #4
Senior Member+

Cut off Cameron's
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 16:21   #5
Super Moderator

Meanwhile, the likes of Diamond walk away with millions.

Disgraceful.
Old 05-07-2012, 17:05   #6
Resting in Peace

I'm beginning to get a dislike for Mr Cameron
Old 05-07-2012, 17:11   #7

Soon there will be more people at two premiership football matches than the total in the army. Disgraceful.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 17:15   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Cut off Cameron's
Won't work ... you will get the same bs, only in a squeakier voice
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 18:07   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
My cousin has been told that he is being made redundant. He is a sergeant in the RAF and has been there for 21 years. After 22 years in the RAF you can claim full RAF pension. My cousin's redundancy will come into force when he is 7 weeks short of the 22 years, therefore, saving the RAF a fortune. He is not the only one this is happening to, there are hundreds up and down the country.
No matter how good a life style the armed forces personnel may have when we are not at war, I would never recommend to anyone that they join up. People like my cousin, who have seen active service, are robbed blind in the most underhand way when it comes to their pensions.
and you can bet he will be seen soon on TV saying how great our troops are and how much he respects them.

dont get me wrong they are and he should but from the way this government and the last lot treated our troops its quite eveident they dont give a toss about our troops

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 05-07-2012, 19:44   #10
God Member

this is to pave the way to outsource more contracts to privete firms.this is a disgrace .protect the falklands your having a laugh on the day the tories pump 50 billion by quantitive easing where is the money going ye thats right the banks who defrauded the british public.the sooner cameron and co get the boot the better.paddy ashdown where are you now??
Old 05-07-2012, 21:54   #11
God Member

Come to think of it, why do you guys need a large military? Here's a scenario: Privately, Her Majesty's Government, whatever they say in public, is commited to the EU. When Germany decides that the only way out of the Euro crisis is a political union, there will be a new European Defence Force, headquartered in ... mmm, the Bendlerblock is still standing in Berlin. National forces will cease to exist. On the up side, you won't have to join any US adventures into, say, Iran or North Korea. You can get rid of your nuclear subs, and axe the aircraft carriers ... save a whole bunch of money! Make a deal with the Argentinians for the Malvinas. Maybe they will throw in Lionel Messi. A great footballer is, in today's world at least, worth much more than honour, and you could always work out a deal on sharing any oil that may be there. It will really be peace in our time.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 22:00   #12
God Member

if we didnt have a large militarty who would run around the world wiping americas arse

Old 05-07-2012, 22:26   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
In another forum I have read that '5000' soldiers are planning a protest march on London.
Do we still have 5000 soldiers?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 22:27   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Hes not a Banker Let, only defended our country, not defrauded it.
Old 05-07-2012, 22:40   #15
God Member

Massive cuts for the military were announced within the first weeks of this government and at the time some posters on here defended those cuts...but we were told most of the cuts would be made in office jobs and such...that was yet another bare faced lie.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..