Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2014, 20:22   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Arndale car park..... Suicide

anon mightve read the whole thread and took offence to comments made years ago
Lucysgirl likes this.
Old 05-06-2014, 21:09   #47
Beacon of light

That might be the case.
But whoever anonymous is should see that there was nothing at all disrespectful to the person he/she was defending.
They should also see, that as this is a public forum, there are bound to be views that do not coincide with their views...especially in the current emotionality of the situation.

If having a rant at us saved their sanity or made them feel better, then that isn't a bad thing.
If they were personally involved with this girl...as a friend or a family member then they have my sincere sympathy....I know where they are coming from.
It does not alter my views on suicide in general.....or my right to hold those views(personal circumstances are what formed those opinions).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:28   #48
Senior Member+

Its sad enough that a 17 yr old takes their own life, but to know them on a personal level. I don't know how I would react, if so, I am willing to forgive anon for their substantial misjudgement of the members of this forum.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:05   #49
Beacon of light

As I have said in previous posts, I know where Anon is coming from(I have been there)....everyone deals with their grief in different ways......anger is one of the phases of grieving...and the anger is directed at anyone.
We, on here, are just sitting ducks...but it would be good, if at some point, Anon could come back and apologise for their misjudgement of forum members.

I don't expect that this will happen anytime soon. I really think we will not encounter this person again on here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..