Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2017, 11:40   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Article 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Labour showing exactly why they are no longer the party of the people yet again
Labour has not been the party of the people for a very long time,and the last nails were put into the coffin when Tony Blair came to office. He did more damage to this country than any German bombers because he did it insidiously and tried to make us believe it was for our own good.
In short, that man sold us down the river.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2017, 12:24   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Labour has not been the party of the people for a very long time,and the last nails were put into the coffin when Tony Blair came to office. He did more damage to this country than any German bombers because he did it insidiously and tried to make us believe it was for our own good.
In short, that man sold us down the river.
our MP hasnt exactly helped to restore faith in the labour party

voted against us having a referendum and im sure his promotion in the party was just coincidence after he dropped his trousers for milliband

a career politician who has proven he cant be trusted especially with matters over the EU

i just hope Hyndburn wakes up to the fact he does not represent us he is against us and thinks he knows better than us and that we should do as he says not him do as we say as it should be

i have no doubt this man will betray hyndburn again at the first possible chance he gets

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 13:07   #18
Beacon of light

I don't think our MP fits the description of a 'career politician'. My definition of such would be the person who has done nothing other than be a politician...someone who has never had a real job and does not know the difficulties in the life of a working person.
As such they can almost( I said ALMOST) be forgiven for their short comings.

This is NOT the case with out MP. He has worked at something other than politics. I would imagine he knows what it is like to try to make ends meet, to struggle to get a mortgage...and then to pay for it. In short he has lkived the life of a working person.
That makes his treatment of us...the people of Accrington even worse. It is a betrayal of the worst kind because it is a calculated betrayal in order for him to climb the political ladder. He is prepared to walk over us to satisfy his ambitions.
Less likes this.
Old 29-01-2017, 16:54   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think our MP fits the description of a 'career politician'. My definition of such would be the person who has done nothing other than be a politician...someone who has never had a real job and does not know the difficulties in the life of a working person.
As such they can almost( I said ALMOST) be forgiven for their short comings.

This is NOT the case with out MP. He has worked at something other than politics. I would imagine he knows what it is like to try to make ends meet, to struggle to get a mortgage...and then to pay for it. In short he has lkived the life of a working person.
That makes his treatment of us...the people of Accrington even worse. It is a betrayal of the worst kind because it is a calculated betrayal in order for him to climb the political ladder. He is prepared to walk over us to satisfy his ambitions.
He's just starting his career, he's ignored the wants of his constituents but not his party, he is going to be a useful tool for them.

Just watch if (and I hope it's when) at the next election our town throws him out, the powers that be within his party will move him to a constituency that knows nothing about him except that he has been a loyal labour supporter, that will be enough to keep him sucking up, he's good at that, then betraying the people he's meant to represent.

He will never, ever, be short of a bob or two anymore, I hope one day his conscience prevents him from sleeping at night.
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 16:58   #20
Beacon of light

Yes Less.
Pity the poor folk he is parachuted onto. He will have absolutely no interest in their problems, their issues...but then it has been clearly shown that that is not what he is about.
He is out to make connections so that if his days in politics are numbered, he will have more strings to his bow.
Old 29-01-2017, 21:32   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

With Labour's positive discrimination policy they may decide to put a woman up for election next time. They appear to be doing that locally
Old 30-01-2017, 07:56   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
With Labour's positive discrimination policy they may decide to put a woman up for election next time. They appear to be doing that locally
I'm all for positive discrimination.

IF

It means weed out the useless and only put up a worthy candidate.

IF

It means weed out the useful and put up a woman because her only asset is being a woman then it is wrong for women and society. Same goes for pushing forward any member of a minority.

What would the world be like if positive discrimination meant put up any moron for the position let them have a chance to prove what they are...

...Hang on, maybe we already do that?

Last edited by Less; 30-01-2017 at 08:00.
Old 30-01-2017, 11:17   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Something we agree on
Less likes this.
Old 30-01-2017, 11:59   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have just seen a good poster on F.B. it said "I will never vote for an M.P. that votes against the democratic will of the people" I agree 100% with that statement. anyone else?
Old 30-01-2017, 12:23   #25
Beacon of light

Yes...me too.
I don't think the gender of the MP matters one jot.
What matters is how they relate to their constituents.
Do they know the difficulties of the area they represent? Do they have ideas as to how those difficulties can be overcome or reduced...are they happy to go against the will of the party to represent their constituents?
I think that the Labour Party are deluded if they think that putting women up for selection will get them out of the hole they dug for themselves...their problems are many and varied, but what they just don't get is that the electorate wants to be listened to. To have their concerns acknowledged...and actions put into place to deal with the concerns.

What the electorate certainly do NOT need is sneery, snidey comments that some politicians use...They do not need the politicians to regard the electorate as brainless ill educated plebs.
Less and cashman like this.
Old 30-01-2017, 13:17   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

They will always regard the electorate as that i reckon, arrogance knows no bounds. imho they think in general they are better and more educated than us plebs.
Old 30-01-2017, 13:30   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
They will always regard the electorate as that i reckon, arrogance knows no bounds. imho they think in general they are better and more educated than us plebs.
Better educated? Perhaps, after all its they that set our standard of education.
However thousands of pounds worth of private education isn't worth tuppence without common sense!
Old 30-01-2017, 13:55   #28
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
And that, Cashy .....is where they get it so wrong...and why they have lost faith and followers.
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:00   #29
God Member

im just curious as to if he will have the nerve to vote against the will of the people yet again

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:42   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I think he will

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..