Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2003, 12:53   #1

Post Asylum Seekers

I spoke to a friend of mine in Bolton today, he informed me that he had just sold his car, he then told me that the buyer was an Asylum Seeker, the buyer came and viewed the car and left a £200.00 cash deposit and promised to pay the balance the next day.
The next day the buyer turned up to take the car and presented my friend with a DHSS Cheque for £3000.00!

The buyer assured my friend that the cheque was good, my friend then made a telephone call to the department that issued the cheque and they assured him that everything was in order and that the cheque was good, he then asked the why the DHSS was paying £3200.00 for a car for the Asylum Seeker to drive around in and the response was "Asylum Seekers were being harassed on the public transport in the area" my friend took the cheque and the buyer drove off in his new car, did he have any insurance or driving licence? who knows?

My friends this country is going to the dogs.
B.
Old 13-12-2003, 14:12   #2

Post Re: Asylum Seekers

It is time the system was reviewed as to how funds are handed out. Yesterday I heard of someone on benefits who was told there was no help for central heating that had broken down, but plenty of money for insulation. Who is it that decides some can have money for cars, but not help to keep warm and have hot water?
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 16:06   #3
Senior Member+

BLUESMASTER,This country is NOT going to the dogs, it's allready there, been chewed up and spat right back out. It is a disgrace, and time we had someone in power that puts it's own people first.
Old 14-12-2003, 01:45   #4
Roy
Administrator

Theres only one political party I know that has a decent stance on this:

Quote:
IMMIGRATION - time to say NO!

On current demographic trends, we, the native British people, will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years. To ensure that this does not happen, and that the British people retain their homeland and identity, we call for an immediate halt to all further immigration, the immediate deportation of criminal and illegal immigrants, and the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by a generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question. We will abolish the ‘positive discrimination’ schemes that have made white Britons second-class citizens. We will also clamp down on the flood of ‘asylum seekers’, all of whom are either bogus or can find refuge much nearer their home countries.
They may well be getting my vote next time.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2003, 09:34   #5
Senior Member+

The National meal is supposedly now Chicken Tikka Massala too.As you say it is the immigrants that are using the system.They find out what they need to supply to the white collar workers to be able to get what they want.Use it and make the British people look like idiots.Agrre with a lot of the stuff you have quoted Roy,the  system needs to speeded up to stop the cash outlay reaching deperate prportions.We had a case over here where a political asylum seeker exposed himself in a shop to an elderly woman and then hit her in the face.3 days later he was back on a plane.This is the speed which has to moved on.Hit fast, legally and just.Let other would be political asylum seekers know that Britain is not a soft touch and the flood will stop.
Old 12-01-2004, 20:52   #6
Junior Member+

fair play to em, i wish they d give me abloody car. we re lucky to get a couple of milk tokens for the baby.
GLEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..