Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 08:28   #46
Resident Waffler

Re: At Last Something Like A Proper Sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post

There are many more but I wont bore you further- they are basiaclly what we as human beings use to justify our actiosn as the vast majority of us actually know the difference between right and wrong.

This is something we've discussed at church sometimes, more long the lines of people justifying a little thing (taking a paper clip from work) which then becomes normal so they justify a larger thing (towels from a hotel room) and then it grows to shoplifting with the excuse that 'they're insured for it' etc.

Not that I'm implying that everyone who takes paperclips from work turns into a shoplifter but that it's easier to resist doing big bad things if you've had plenty of practice resisting doing the little not quite so bad things.

Less stop tormenting the newbies you wicked vampire you. How's that pussycat treating you?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2007, 10:35   #47
I am Banned

sorry to put a negative on the 35 years sentence,but when anyone is sentenced to a prison term,this being over 20 years they get 1/3 rd knocked off automatically, so take about 11 years off,that makes 24 years,then more off for good behaviour and that makes about 18/20 years minus the time he spent on remand.so he will be eligable for parole in about 19 years,then it is up to the home sec to decide to release him or keep him inside,so he could do the full 35 but i doubt it with all the do gooders, remember ronnie biggs got 25 and he is still in prison,also the kray twins,served more than there sentence. i hope he gets the hot water and sugar treatment and the glass in his porridge and sugar,believe me there are ways and means,and i will give him 6 months b4 he tops himself.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

Less stop tormenting the newbies you wicked vampire you.

How's that pussycat treating you?
I'll stop tormenting them when they stop trying to take over the Asylum.

Better than the newbies, it has already learned not to bite the hand that feeds it, but the scars it's claws leave will take longer to heal than anything certain newbies could ever do.

END OF THREAD WANDER!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:12   #49
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
i hope he gets the hot water and sugar treatment and the glass in his porridge and sugar,believe me there are ways and means,and i will give him 6 months b4 he tops himself.
I couldn't wish glass in porridge on anyone. That makes us worse than him. However I do hope he never comes out again to endanger any other child.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Whilst somewhat nervous about posting here goes. Whilst I agree completely agree with the fact that this individual is the scum of the earth and comments that the life sentence should indeed mean life- I must comment that the case should not be seen as an argument for the re-introduction of the death penalty. No research has ever indicated that the death penalty acts as a deterrent and there are sufficient examples of miscarriages of justice to argue forcibly against the death penalty.
Of course this is only my opinion.
Research may not show the death penalty as a deterrent but it does save the tax payer some money.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:43   #51
I am Banned

is,nt bringing back hanging stretching it a bit of cant we just give them a suspended sentence LOL
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:48   #52

take them free fall parachuting without the parachute
Old 03-07-2007, 12:16   #53

never mind

Last edited by Tombraider; 03-07-2007 at 12:20.
Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:24   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Research may not show the death penalty as a deterrent but it does save the tax payer some money.
Theres plenty of things that waste tax payers money, its quite animalistic to complain about a small percentage of people wasting tax payers money.

I got told that its less than 5% of prisoners that are murderers,rapists etc who would actually get death penalty. Besides death penalty is almost a nazi ideology; just get rid of people we dont like in society...

Not really my thing and many people wouldn't support it, I'm surprised it ever existed. Obviously the more religious past of england didnt mind killing people. Maybe we dont have it now because religion isnt as strongly believed and science, particularly psychology, has shown us that perhaps these people have some sort of problem, be it a mental defect, genetic or whatever, and they can be 'fixed'

Anyone know the exact reason that the death penalty got stopped in this country?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:29   #55

they keep telling us they can fix these people then they get out and reafend
Old 03-07-2007, 12:33   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Theres plenty of things that waste tax payers money, its quite animalistic to complain about a small percentage of people wasting tax payers money.

I got told that its less than 5% of prisoners that are murderers,rapists etc who would actually get death penalty. Besides death penalty is almost a nazi ideology; just get rid of people we dont like in society...

Not really my thing and many people wouldn't support it, I'm surprised it ever existed. Obviously the more religious past of england didnt mind killing people. Maybe we dont have it now because religion isnt as strongly believed and science, particularly psychology, has shown us that perhaps these people have some sort of problem, be it a mental defect, genetic or whatever, and they can be 'fixed'

Anyone know the exact reason that the death penalty got stopped in this country?
Animalistic, nazi ideology, I'm neither of these, for the record I'm not a fascist either.

I agree there are lots of other wasters of tax payers money and I'd be against them too, only this thread isn't about them.

The scumbag who raped and strangled his niece in my opinion does not deserve to live his life in jail at the expense of the tax payer.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:37   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Animalistic, nazi ideology, I'm neither of these, for the record I'm not a fascist either.

I agree there are lots of other wasters of tax payers money and I'd be against them too, only this thread isn't about them.

The scumbag who raped and strangled his niece in my opinion does not deserve to live his life in jail at the expense of the tax payer.
I prefer to keep them alive as no matter what face they appear to have, the memory of something like that would be good enough torture.
Besides, execution costs money aswell, though maybe people could pay to see them . Killing them just gives them an easy way out unless of course you believe in heaven and hell, but i wont go into religious beliefs on that...

For the record, I didnt call you personally either, I just said that its very much along the lines of nazi ideology, just kill what you dont like. I also never suggested you were a fascist lol.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:41   #58
God Member

By the way Rosebud:

The book is called - Hamlyn History of Punishment and torture - a journey through the dark side of justice by Karen Farrington.

Its got 2 good reasons at the back for why we shouldnt have the death penalty. I might type them out later once I've got ready, as I have to go out now. Its a good knowledgable, and well researched book if you get hold of it. Its a library book so you can always reserve it at the library once i've took it back.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:43   #59
God Member

Quote:
I prefer to keep them alive as no matter what face they appear to have, the memory of something like that would be good enough torture.

I think people who do these sort of things have neither morals or a conscience enough to let the memory bother them. If they had they wouldn't have done it in the first place.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:44   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Not really my thing and many people wouldn't support it,
i think that is very debateable blazey, various goverments have refused referendums on that very subject.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..