Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 12:58   #61
God Member

Re: At Last Something Like A Proper Sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If any of my brothers had done this to a child of mine, i would kill him with my own bare hands and sod the consequences.
Even a life sentence would be worth it.
Same here Margaret.How must the mother be feeling now her brother's done that? The man's obviously a maniac,I can't imagine the state of mind of a man who could do that to any child,especially his sister's little girl.He should not be let out early but I won't hold my breath.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2007, 13:09   #62
Beacon of light

First of all I thought that this man had received a minimum sentence of 35 years with no maximum stated.

And Rosebud, yes people do cite differing things to explain away their behaviour. This man said he was too drunk to know what he was doing.
Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought that if he were so drunk he would not have been physically capable of raping this baby.
Personally I think he was just using drink as an excuse. Denial isn't only a river in Egypt.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 13:23   #63
God Member

Quote:
First of all I thought that this man had received a minimum sentence of 35 years with no maximum stated.

And Rosebud, yes people do cite differing things to explain away their behaviour. This man said he was too drunk to know what he was doing.
Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought that if he were so drunk he would not have been physically capable of raping this baby.
Personally I think he was just using drink as an excuse. Denial isn't only a river in Egypt.
I agree Margaret.Most normal blokes have done stupid things whilst drunk,that they wouldn't have done if they hadn't been drunk but raping a baby isn't on the rational person's to do list after having a few bevvies.The thought just wouldn't enter their heads.It's clear that this man's got a screw loose and was probably a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.Being drunk is absolutely no excuse for what he did.He'll be saying the voices told him to do it next.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 13:26   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
It's clear that this man's got a screw loose and was probably a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.Being drunk is absolutely no excuse for what he did.He'll be saying the voices told him to do it next.

He has already had charges dropped for raping a 12yr old four years ago. Apparently she consented !!!

BBC NEWS | England | West Yorkshire | Girl killer's earlier rape charge
Old 03-07-2007, 13:59   #65
Resident Waffler

What a pity he hadn't been convicted then - maybe his sister wouldn't have left her daughter alone with him if he'd been a convicted paedophile.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 14:50   #66
Give, give, give member

I'm not blaming anyone, but if it was known that this scum had earlier had sex with a twelve year old, even though for whatever reason it didn't go to court, there was no way on God's earth that I would have allowed him any access to a child in my care.

You look at the child's smiling photograph, and you just pray that she had some joy in her short life, before this monster got to her.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 15:13   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm not blaming anyone, but if it was known that this scum had earlier had sex with a twelve year old, even though for whatever reason it didn't go to court, there was no way on God's earth that I would have allowed him any access to a child in my care.

You look at the child's smiling photograph, and you just pray that she had some joy in her short life, before this monster got to her.
Sometimes people aren't even aware of their own families past nature. Sometimes you just don't know things until it is too late. The mother was the one who found her little girl if i remember rightly from when this was first in the news. Its terrible that things like that happen, especially within families. It must be hard to get your head around your brother doing that to your little girl.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 15:46   #68

Quote:

1. You are completely right- The offender in this case is using the excuse- ie "I was drunk" as a means of denying responsibility- "It wasnt me it was the drink" well of course it was him, it was his choice. Challenging this neutralisation is the only way to ensure he confronts the reality of his actions.

2. The point was made earlier that the death penalty saves the taxpayer money- in reality it doesnt due to the extremely high cost of appeal after appeal. It might also be important to quantify what we mean by cost- There certainly are financial considerations but what about the moral cost to our society.

3. Blazey is right in her assessmnet that the majority of the public (in every poll undertaken to date but I recognise none of these are on the scale of a national referendum) do not want to see a return to capital punishment.

and finally

4. Less- I would not dream of trying to educate you as this is far beyond my ability. Dont teach Grandma to suck eggs etc.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 15:47   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
By the way Rosebud:

The book is called - Hamlyn History of Punishment and torture - a journey through the dark side of justice by Karen Farrington.

Its got 2 good reasons at the back for why we shouldnt have the death penalty. I might type them out later once I've got ready, as I have to go out now. Its a good knowledgable, and well researched book if you get hold of it. Its a library book so you can always reserve it at the library once i've took it back.

Thanks I will certainly take a look.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 16:31   #70
Beacon of light

On the latest report that I read, a psychiatric asessment shows this man to have psychopathic tendencies, and it was said that he will never be free of the risk of re-offending.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 22:06   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'll stop tormenting them when they stop trying to take over the Asylum.

Better than the newbies, it has already learned not to bite the hand that feeds it, but the scars it's claws leave will take longer to heal than anything certain newbies could ever do.
I cant let that one pass without comment.
I think there should be an established chain of command for the Asylum.
I nominate the Oscar Wilde for colonel.
I nominate the Tormentor for second in command.
There are three places to fill. Major, Lieutenant and 2nd Lt.
Go for it newbies - Who do you nominate?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 22:18   #72
God Member

When is a newbie not a newbie... Only I have been here longer than all of them.. there isnt a single regular poster on here who has been registered longer than me.. Only Roy and WINGY and that was while setting up Accyweb ... they can't even be considered regulars anymore..

So your all newbies so you can all toe the line.. you as well newbie less....

All things being relative that is

I win I win... Do I get a big hat now ?
Old 03-07-2007, 22:57   #73
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
When is a newbie not a newbie... Only I have been here longer than all of them.. there isnt a single regular poster on here who has been registered longer than me.. Only Roy and WINGY and that was while setting up Accyweb ... they can't even be considered regulars anymore..

So your all newbies so you can all toe the line.. you as well newbie less....

All things being relative that is

I win I win... Do I get a big hat now ?

Oh, tee hee, yet again YOU raise the subject of relative, [QUOTE All things being relative that is ][/quote]

I don't know if you've noticed but it's very rare I mention it in comparison to the number of times you bring it up!

Whatever is your problem? I know Roy used to like you, (though I don't know why), but because you seemed to be his friend I would put up with you, that does not mean I have to put up with your strange point of view so far as I am concerned.

P.S. If you don't like what I say, have a word with BBK and perhaps he'll solve your problem for you!

I look forward to you generating a ban for me because unlike him you ain't a moderator.

Last edited by Less; 03-07-2007 at 22:59.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 23:00   #74
God Member

Check it out less.. it was a bit of fun .... jeeze your like vinegar lately...
Old 03-07-2007, 23:16   #75
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Check it out less.. it was a bit of fun .... jeeze your like vinegar lately...
You have a short memory, and a big ego, you hurt me a year ago and took the P*ss, so much that I left the forum, now you claim to be something supreme, you where there when Roy started the forum along with a few others, but I can't help being his father, (though unless he asks me to, I will try to avoid mentioning it, because some people seem 'cruel' ).

I was asked by someone, (I daren't mention his name because he's a relative), because he knew I could stir things up to put some bite into threads, way back near to the beginning and I have done it ever since, it isn't easy but until he relieves me of that duty I will continue to do it, why? because I love him as a Son and I love Accyweb as something he and his friends have developed, so either stop trying to get one up on me or help me keep the strangers from ruining the site.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..