Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2013, 08:07   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Attack on soldier in woolwich

Whilst its good the Muslim Council speaks out, to say these savages are all "Low life scum" whist is the case in some instances, some of these savages have been to Uni/College etc n its not the case.
Old 27-05-2013, 08:13   #137
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst its good the Muslim Council speaks out, to say these savages are all "Low life scum" whist is the case in some instances, some of these savages have been to Uni/College etc n its not the case.
That's how some of these savages get into this country by student Visa
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 09:14   #138
Beacon of light

So an imam speaks out and says what should be said...that if you do not like Britain(the country you live in, and in many cases pays for your daily life) then leave......it is right what this man says, but more of these men with influence should be standidng up and saying the same thing.
And Imams who suspect that members of their community are plotting terrorist attacks should be handing these men of their community in to the authorities........and same goes for the grooming of white children.

There is an undercurrent of distrust of all muslims...and while I know this is illogical, until more of the muslim community show that they align themselves to being British first and muslim second, it will remain so.
maxthecollie likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 09:16   #139
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
For those of you who don't do facebook:
Many thanks for that. I have an allergy to facebook...even typing the word makes me jittery.
Old 27-05-2013, 10:33   #140

Attack on soldier in woolwich

In fairness though Margaret it wouldn't surprise me if you had an aversion to unfiltered air, and purified it in your house like the late Mr Jackson..
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 10:37   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It would surprise me,if yeh got summat right fer once, Think yer got the wrong Margaret yon.
Old 27-05-2013, 11:04   #142
God Member

Quote:
It would surprise me,if yeh got summat right fer once, Think yer got the wrong Margaret yon.

iv made that mistake before lol
MargaretR likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 11:47   #143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
In fairness though Margaret it wouldn't surprise me if you had an aversion to unfiltered air, and purified it in your house like the late Mr Jackson..
Dear Mr Victorian slavemaster,

It is me that has air filter machines - so what.
If you struggled to breathe, you might do the same.

Your capacity to criticise/denegrate the lifestyle of others amazes me.
How much more crudely insensitive can you get - I wait with baited breath (pun intended)
cashman and Alan Varrechia like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 12:06   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It also would not surprise me,if the ignorant get don't back peddle later.
Old 27-05-2013, 12:12   #145
Beacon of light

Yes, you definitely have the wrong Margaret(no offence to you MargaretR - I know you do what you have to, to make your life as comfortable as possible)....we have a smelly hound at our house and could do with an air purifier at times....and sometimes the other half contributes to the smelly ambience(beans - mushy peas).
Old 27-05-2013, 12:13   #146
God Member

I want him to cycle backwards to Singapore, where he can exercise his role as a superior advisor to the colonial indigenous population which will be accepted as the normal behaviour of an imperialist.

Wow - I have a case of D in G, haven't I

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 12:21   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I want him to cycle backwards to Singapore, where he can exercise his role as a superior advisor to the colonial indigenous population which will be accepted as the normal behaviour of an imperialist.

Wow - I have a case of D in G, haven't I
imperialist? i have another name, but the swear checker prevents me.
Old 27-05-2013, 16:01   #148
God Member

Quote:

what this man has said is very good to hear but is it reflected in what we see in our own town alone?

its all well dressing up a muslim in western stlye clothing and pushing him out infront of a camera to say the things that we want to hear but my opinion that the majority of islam in the uk dosnt want to get along side by side with everyone else has not been altered.I say within the uk because other countries such as turkey and india have muslims that dont behave anything like muslims do in the uk.

besides to me he appeared and sounded to be indian muslim.I have internet friends on another forum who are indian muslim and tehir whole attitude is different to that of pakistani muslims.Maybe thats why they have nukes pointing at each other i dont know but there is a definate attitude difference towards western society as in india embraces it and pakistan not so much
Margaret Pilkington and Eric like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 17:37   #149
Beacon of light

Call me cynical, but those are my thoughts exactly.

If there was generalised abhorrence for this act in the muslim community, it didn't show.
I felt like those who were trotted out to give us soulful condemnation, were just paying lip service...like it was what was expected of them(or they were doing as they were told)...but really they had other thoughts in their head.
See...I said I was a cynical old bird.
Eric likes this.
Old 27-05-2013, 18:12   #150
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Dear Mr Victorian slave master,

It is me that has air filter machines - so what.
If you struggled to breathe, you might do the same.

Your capacity to criticise/denigrate the lifestyle of others amazes me.
How much more crudely insensitive can you get - I wait with baited breath (pun intended)
I have a filtration machine which takes all the impurities out and feeds me just the good tackle 24/7 through nasal cannulas
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..