Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2013, 12:15   #61
God Member

Re: Attack on soldier in woolwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
According to the news it said Local Police about 5 mins and armed Police 14 mins to get to the scene!

But I think the issue is "what goes around comes around" ...

well a plastic cop wouldnt stand much of a chance i guess

crime is getting more and more violent and im not just saying that on this act of terror alone its fact that these days the violence element has gotten worse.Its a sthough each generation has to be more nasty and ruthless than the previous one

yet governments constantly streamline our police service or to put it better remove coppers and bring in pen pushers and speed cameras

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2013, 12:27   #62
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
we dont really need to know who sent them it would be much more simple to stop them coming in

one of these guys stated in a video that what he did was because what he did was happening in his villages back home

What does he mean 'his villages back home'.......if this is one of the men who committed this cold blooded atrocity......he was born at King's College Hospital....and raised here.

This killing was barbarism...and it was done to attract attention...which it duly did...so job done, for the terrorists.
Pictures of this event should have been banned.......I'm not saying that the incident should not be reported, but it should be done in a clinical fashion with little referral to those factions who carried out this murder...giving them publicity gives them notoriety...and also give other young radicalised muslim men the idea that it will be a good thing.

I wish that both of these men had been shot dead and buried in a grave containing pig entrails.
Although to be honest shooting is just too good for them...they should suffer the death of a thousand cuts.
My thoughts are with those who counted Lee Rigby as a friend, or a family member and of course his baby.

We should seriously make strong efforts to get rid of those who are plotting against this country.......all those who are on MI5's watched list should be put on a plane and shipped to Saudi..unless of course they can prove their innocence.
Saudi would welcome them, and they would be allowed to live under the Sharia law that they love so much.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 12:33   #63
God Member

what should have been released was pictures only in which showed him covered in an innocent young mans blood

what should not have been broadcast was his rants and attempts to justify what he did

pictures speak a thousand words we didnt need to hear his bile

as usuall teh papers wont to out do each other so they begged for footage from mobile phones openly on tehir websites and broadcast them

anyone who made money selling videos of these scum shoudl be ashamed of themselves there was a murdered soldier on teh floor and they have earned money from his death

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 24-05-2013, 12:34   #64
Beacon of light

But....I'm not holding my breath...we have no politicians in this fair isle, with the gonads to do anything other than blather on.....Words mean nothing...politicians words even less.
Old 24-05-2013, 12:36   #65
Beacon of light

Quote:
what should have been released was pictures only in which showed him covered in an innocent young mans blood

what should not have been broadcast was his rants and attempts to justify what he did

pictures speak a thousand words we didnt need to hear his bile

as usuall teh papers wont to out do each other so they begged for footage from mobile phones openly on tehir websites and broadcast them

anyone who made money selling videos of these scum shoudl be ashamed of themselves there was a murdered soldier on teh floor and they have earned money from his death
No....there should have been no pictures at all.....they can be used to glorify his deeds ...by those who would follow in his footsteps.
Old 24-05-2013, 12:38   #66
God Member

so far government past and presents way of dealing with terrorism has been to invade a country (iraq) that had nothing to do with 9/11 attacks or terrorism and to release many soundbytes declaring terrorism wont be tolerated

any other measures they think of only seem to effect decent people and solve nothing .Identity cards for example would have only kept tabs on legitimate people teh terrorists wouldnt have them period or would find a way around them

Old 24-05-2013, 13:00   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No....there should have been no pictures at all.....they can be used to glorify his deeds ...by those who would follow in his footsteps.
Yeh gotta be very careful i think wi that? no pics would probably mean the do-gooding knobheads, of which there are many, would proclaim innocence.
Old 24-05-2013, 13:40   #68
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Attack on soldier in woolwich

Quote:
whos my ilk ?

edl ?

bnp ?

ukip?

nazi?

getting the feeling your dancing around caslling me a racist but lets be clear if you consider saying how it is as racist then i guess i am.
I think I might be you're ilk.

Anyone that is prepared to rock someone else's neat and tidy boat with honest questions that would preferably swept under the carpet.
Must be ilk, after all, it makes those smug with their own lifestyle have to think.

One question not so far asked is:-

I wonder how the majority of legal immigrants/Muslims must feel about these nutters?

It must be oh no, here we go again, all we want is to get on with our lives, not harming anyone and yet again we get pushed into a box with the extreme minority!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 14:15   #69
Beacon of light

Wouldn't it be good if they would tell us...these ordinary 'want to get on with their lives muslims'.
Wouldn't it be good if they declared their britishness...or at least their alignment with the values of the british...the tolerance that allows them to promote their religion and culture (something that would not be allowed us if we were to move to say - Saudi).

I think I must be of the ilk too.
cashman likes this.
Old 24-05-2013, 14:18   #70
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh gotta be very careful i think wi that? no pics would probably mean the do-gooding knobheads, of which there are many, would proclaim innocence.
Cashy...it has to be better than giving free publicity/notoriety to the perpetrators.......and those do-gooders...and they know who they are, will not need to proclaim anything...they(and we) know what they have done to the fabric of society in the name of political advantage and social engineering.
Old 24-05-2013, 14:25   #71
God Member

its ok boris johnson visited teh scene today but all he seemed to have to say that no government policey was to blame

Old 24-05-2013, 14:28   #72
Beacon of light

Yes..well, of course he would say that wouldn't he.
Old 24-05-2013, 14:28   #73
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Wouldn't it be good if they would tell us...these ordinary 'want to get on with their lives muslims'.
Wouldn't it be good if they declared their britishness...or at least their alignment with the values of the british...the tolerance that allows them to promote their religion and culture (something that would not be allowed us if we were to move to say - Saudi).

I think I must be of the ilk too.
I wish they would, can't help thinking how many of them are there?

How many that have to keep quiet just to fit in within their own society? (shouldn't be their own should be OUR, society).

Quote:
Cashy...it has to be better than giving free publicity/notoriety to the perpetrators.......and those do-gooders...and they know who they are, will not need to proclaim anything...they(and we) know what they have done to the fabric of society in the name of political advantage and social engineering.
Yes, indeed, the sooner we all, from all aspects of what is now Britain condemn outside influences, the sooner we can all enjoy the peace of our Country.

Last edited by Less; 24-05-2013 at 14:32.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 14:34   #74
Beacon of light

This situation is not just the failing of this government(for its moral turpitude, as well as inaction) the blame for much of this situation can be placed with those who feel that we cannot condemn something done by people of another culture or race, for fear of alienating them. That we cannot tell the truth about something that is happening in our midst....just in case we offend.
We pussy foot around and tinker at the edges of the problems, and in doing so, leave space for those who wish to do evil things, to do them and laugh at our system of justice.
There is no justice for Lee Rigby....and all the others who have died at the hands of extremists....it isn't the fault of religion...it is the fault of those who interpret the religion to evil ends.
And of course, those who make excuses for these people...by doing nothing to stop them.
cashman and BERNADETTE like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-05-2013 at 14:37.
Old 24-05-2013, 14:42   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
This situation is not just the failing of this government(for its moral turpitude, as well as inaction) the blame for much of this situation can be placed with those who feel that we cannot condemn something done by people of another culture or race, for fear of alienating them. That we cannot tell the truth about something that is happening in our midst....just in case we offend.
We pussy foot around and tinker at the edges of the problems, and in doing so, leave space for those who wish to do evil things, to do them and laugh at our system of justice.
There is no justice for Lee Rigby....and all the others who have died at the hands of extremists....it isn't the fault of religion...it is the fault of those who interpret the religion to evil ends.
And of course, those who make excuses for these people...by doing nothing to stop them.
Agree wi every word of that, it also crosses my mind does soft touch Britain encourage em to come here in the first instance? I suspect thats the case.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..