Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2008, 15:32   #16
God Member

Re: Baby Milk Price increase!

Polly your husband would be better off buying a pre-payment certificate for his prescriptions, I cant remember the exact cost but its about £38 for 4 months and £95 for the year, that way all his prescriptions are covered, I'm surprised he hasn't been advised of that.
Old 13-07-2008, 15:34   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Polly your husband would be better off buying a pre-payment certificate for his prescriptions, I cant remember the exact cost but its about £38 for 4 months and £95 for the year, that way all his prescriptions are covered, I'm surprised he hasn't been advised of that.
Linds will know......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 16:04   #18
Senior Member+

The healthy start vouchers are for parents on low income (think you have to be getting income and or child tax credits or something similar) You get £3 per child per week (or 2 x £3 vouchers if your child is under 12 months) This can be used against infant milk, fresh cows milk, fresh fruit and fresh veg but not everyone is eligable
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 16:35   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I am sure baby milk used to be free or very heavily discounted. Anyway it should be, that is something the NHS should take care of.
It is a terrible reflection on our society that this product is allowed to be sold by the private sector.
What a load of tosh.

Why the hell should the NHS provide food for babies? If you cant afford to feed a baby then don't have one. As they get older they cost more money not less. Just when do you suggest the NHS stop feeding our children, when they leave home?

In my opinion it is a terrible reflection on our society that you think the NHS should provide baby food. What else would you like for free while we are at it? Prams, cots, clothes, nappies?
Old 13-07-2008, 16:42   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Em does an entwisi impression..............................

pats her breasts and smiles......pmsl!!!!
Someone has to say this ... and because I'm thousands of kms away, too far away to get a swat around the side of the pumpkin: If you need any help, give me a call
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 16:53   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What a load of tosh.

Why the hell should the NHS provide food for babies? If you cant afford to feed a baby then don't have one. As they get older they cost more money not less. Just when do you suggest the NHS stop feeding our children, when they leave home?

In my opinion it is a terrible reflection on our society that you think the NHS should provide baby food. What else would you like for free while we are at it? Prams, cots, clothes, nappies?
Alcoholics are given free booze. Know which I prefer to subsidise
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 16:59   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Really?????? You serious
Old 13-07-2008, 17:45   #23
Resting in Peace

Just sounds to me like they haven't actually increased the price of their product, just introduced a new upgraded one and dropped off the old.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 18:37   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Drug addicts are given free drugs and look at all this free help for smokers!

I would say that children up to 3 years should get free or heavily subsidised milk formula (though from preference I would prefer for women to be given help to feed their children naturally). Why because every child deserves the best start in life regardless of their family background, also correct nutrition at this stage will stop many illnesses in the future.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 18:47   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:

I would say that children up to 3 years should get free or heavily subsidised milk formula (though from preference I would prefer for women to be given help to feed their children naturally). Why because every child deserves the best start in life regardless of their family background, also correct nutrition at this stage will stop many illnesses in the future.
unless you get free prescriptions already you have to pay for NRT.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 18:51   #26
God Member

Quote:

Free booze! and free drugs! I'm on my way .....
Old 13-07-2008, 18:56   #27
Loz

If smokers and druggies get free help and discounts then i think up to a cerain age mothers should get help with certain things,baby milk included.
Old 13-07-2008, 20:22   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
If smokers and druggies get free help and discounts then i think up to a cerain age mothers should get help with certain things,baby milk included.
This is what child benefit is all about Loz.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 20:34   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If you cant afford to feed a baby then don't have one.
Yep I`m in agreement there. We actually waited to have our child until we were "financially viable" as it were, so we delayed about 5 years. Sorry but there are two many people who expect others to do everything for them. You decided to have a baby and its your responsibility to provide and look after them. Its called being a parent.
banjoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 21:02   #30

I have to wait before I can develop a drink problem

Till then, I have to feed my child lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..