Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2008, 21:51   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Baby Milk Price increase!

If the milk is made whole loads better for the baby then fair enough but whilst they were advertising the change they should have informed people of the price change as well so that people could at least have been warned about the change and could have eased the baby into a new milk if needs be! It has been hard work getting hold of the farleys milk because they have been phasing in the new milk, what if i had gone to asda with only a fiver to get the milk and it was the only shop within walking distance what would i have done when i got there to find the milk now £7.99! you cant just buy a different milk because babys tumms are sensative and could make them ill.

There was no old farleys at morrisons or asda but i managed to get some from Lidl and it was only £4.68 a tin so i got 7 of them! lol she wont go hungry in a while.

Just think they went about the change over all wrong.
Old 13-07-2008, 21:51   #32
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
This is what child benefit is all about Loz.
Ok thats me told!!
Didn't realise.

Slinks away with tail between legs!!!
Old 13-07-2008, 22:02   #33
Resting in Peace

[quote=MUMMIBOO;606227]If the milk is made whole loads better for the baby then fair enough but whilst they were advertising the change they should have informed people of the price change as well so that people could at least have been warned about the change and could have eased the baby into a new milk if needs be! It has been hard work getting hold of the farleys milk because they have been phasing in the new milk, what if i had gone to asda with only a fiver to get the milk and it was the only shop within walking distance what would i have done when i got there to find the milk now £7.99! you cant just buy a different milk because babys tumms are sensative and could make them ill.

There was no old farleys at morrisons or asda but i managed to get some from Lidl and it was only £4.68 a tin so i got 7 of them! lol she wont go hungry in a while.

Understand Mummiboo .. actually nearly suggested Lidl .. has been talked about on other forums for some time now.

Sure your little one will not go hungry. Just to personalise, I breast fed my son for five months .. he had never had a bottle in all this time. At this stage, I had an accident and was pumped full of pain killers so they had to send my milk back. Took my daughter 24 hours to persuade him to take a bottle and different source of food, but hunger got the better of him eventually .. he soon got the handle of it ... with no ill effects
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 22:59   #34
God Member

People who have to pay for more than 3 prescription items in 3 months, or 14 items in 12 months, could save money by buying a PPC. From 1 April 2008, the charge for a single prescription item is £7.10, whereas a 3-month PPC will cost you £27.85 and a 12-month PPC £102.50. The most convenient way to pay for your 12 month PPC is by Direct Debit meaning you can spread the yearly cost over 10 monthly instalments

Copied from the web site.

I think the price of baby milk is quite high but have to agree with others the cost of children only gets worse, one tin lasts me around 9 days at the mo.
Old 13-07-2008, 23:31   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
what if i had gone to asda with only a fiver to get the milk and it was the only shop within walking distance what would i have done when i got there to find the milk now £7.99! you cant just buy a different milk because babys tumms are sensative and could make them ill.
What would you have done if you got there and they had run out of the milk you wanted?
Old 13-07-2008, 23:36   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What would you have done if you got there and they had run out of the milk you wanted?
There is always goat's milk ... pitty the goat that got the granny was a male ...

But seriously, I hear that goat's milk is ideal for babies and very close to mothers' milk .... having said that, it is possible that it is even more expensive than formula.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 23:45   #37
God Member

Think mummiboo has been drawn into an unfair argument here, all she did was say that the rise in the milk she buys for her baby has risen dramatically. She wasn't asking for free milk just making a point!!!!
Old 14-07-2008, 00:31   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Think mummiboo has been drawn into an unfair argument here, all she did was say that the rise in the milk she buys for her baby has risen dramatically. She wasn't asking for free milk just making a point!!!!
And I agree with her completely, the rise is rediculous and I hope Farleys lose a vast ammount of customers. They have in effect made there milk the same as SMA and Cow and Hedge.

As far as the free milk thing goes mummiboo never mentioned that.
Old 14-07-2008, 11:44   #39
Senior Member+

Dont know Neil! i would have drove to the chemist or the next shop to get some as we have a car i was just thinking of an example. lol

I would probably got a couple of the ready made up cartons to last until i could get some powder failing that i would have got the next one in the farleys range that they did have in stock and if they didnt have any farleys in stock at all then i would just sit in the aisle with my screaming baby and cry with her! lol (only joking!)
Old 14-07-2008, 15:24   #40
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
Dont know Neil! i would have drove to the chemist or the next shop to get some as we have a car i was just thinking of an example. lol
I would not have answered my question, I was only being awkward
Old 14-07-2008, 17:30   #41
Senior Member+

Pre payment certificate- lot cheaper, can be bought at the pahrmacy now and all sorted out there and then.
Baby milk- if your baby is lactose intolerant you get the milk on a free prescription.
otherwise if you are on certain benefits you get the healthy start vouchers which can be used on infant formula ( not step up milk) , fresh milk and fresh fruit and veg. ( not nappies and baby wipes as we keep having to tell people ! grrrr)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..