Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 22:53   #1
Senior Member+

Angry Baby Milk Price increase!

I just went to get baby milk from Asda and they have changed the Farleys tin to the new Nurture as was advertised in the leaflet via the tin, the old tin cost £4.96 at asda and the new one costs £7.99!!!.(basically same milk new tin)

I complained via website and got told the price increase is because they have added stuff to make it more like breast milk and changed the tin so it now contains a storage place in the lid for the scoop and a scrapper!!!

I am so disgusted i will be changing her milk! i cant afford £8 a tin nearly double so much for the credit crisis thats getting us were it could hurt.
Old 12-07-2008, 22:57   #2
God Member

Re: Baby Milk Price increase!

Now that is out of order how the hell are you supposed to feed her??
Old 12-07-2008, 23:01   #3
God Member

That is very worrying.. the the price of baby milk must be restricted? if not then it's out of order
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 23:13   #4
Accy Goddess

That is absolutely ridiculous. I dont know what prices are like these day's but I fed all you children on good old cow and gate.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 23:38   #5
God Member

after mens razor blades , baby milk powder is the second most shop-lifted item from supermarkets ,and is now on a locked shelf available only upon request, was behind a woman in the supermarket line complaining about it , the cashier said their were two reasons , 1st the cost , and 2nd its popular with drug dealers for cutting thier product .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 23:44   #6
God Member

[quote=steeljack;605946]after mens razor blades , baby milk powder is the second most shop-lifted item from supermarkets ,and is now on a locked shelf available only upon request, was behind a woman in the supermarket line complaining about it , the cashier said their were two reasons , 1st the cost , and 2nd its popular with drug dealers for cutting thier product .[/quote .

.well that is a possiblity were you are Steeljack but not here..

Last edited by Mancie; 12-07-2008 at 23:47.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 07:36   #7
Senior Member+

Its been about 12 months since I last bought baby milk and it was just going on for £6 then, my two were on cow and gate and they have had a "clip" for the scoop under the lid for ages, must have had it before i started using it anyway
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 08:33   #8

They know they have the market sewn up as people will always need to buy baby milk as long as people reproduce.............and I don't think thats gonna stop anytime soon, people reproducing I mean
Old 13-07-2008, 11:20   #9
Senior Member+

Our SMA milk in Boots has just gone up by 70p a tin, I find it ridiculous and can't justify it, although the price hike has come from the manufacturers and not from us !
Old 13-07-2008, 11:33   #10

Havent bought it for years but I thought there was a scheme run by the health authority for cheaper baby milk??

Might be worth asking your health visitor?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 13:36   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Havent bought it for years but I thought there was a scheme run by the health authority for cheaper baby milk??

Might be worth asking your health visitor?
i think for the first 18 months you can get it either free or at a huge discount but i think you have to be on some sort of benefit like incomesupport or working tax credits or somthing

they have a clinic where they weigh babys and stuff at accy vic and they give the milk out there

i used to take my child there but i cant remember if i got it free or if i got it a discount

thinking abiut it im pretty sure it was a fiver for 2 weeks worth of cow and gate

im pretty sure somone who goes to the baby clinic will know the deal

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 14:25   #12

I am sure baby milk used to be free or very heavily discounted. Anyway it should be, that is something the NHS should take care of.
It is a terrible reflection on our society that this product is allowed to be sold by the private sector. Mind you it also a terrible reflection on our society that prescriptions are now seven pounds ten pence each. My husband has to have 4 perscriptions per month and that means he pays over twenty eight pounds out of his megare benefits, disgraceful when you consider he contributed for over 40 years.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 15:01   #13
Loz

We have people coming into Tesco with milk vouchers and they get their baby milk with them.
Think they are only for people on benefits though i'm not 100% sure.
Should be available for everybody,you have to buy it and shouldn't be exploited for doing so.
Old 13-07-2008, 15:03   #14
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I am sure baby milk used to be free or very heavily discounted. Anyway it should be, that is something the NHS should take care of.
It is a terrible reflection on our society that this product is allowed to be sold by the private sector. Mind you it also a terrible reflection on our society that prescriptions are now seven pounds ten pence each. My husband has to have 4 perscriptions per month and that means he pays over twenty eight pounds out of his megare benefits, disgraceful when you consider he contributed for over 40 years.
Thats a disgrace
Is he not eligible for a medical exemption certificate?
You could get them for free then.
I also thought if you were on benefits you got them for free?
I would like to know how they can justify such a huge charge for something that is essential for so many people.
Old 13-07-2008, 15:04   #15
Senior Member+

Em does an entwisi impression..............................

pats her breasts and smiles......pmsl!!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..