Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2013, 17:20   #16
God Member

Re: Bad Drivers In Bad Weather

if you are not to drive with snow on your roof does this mean people with grey hair should shave their heads before driving ?
Sunflower49 likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2013, 17:39   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

Its funny the difference in reception I get in my car and Mrs BG's car which is a rather large and fast Volvo Estate (the same model the traffic cops use to catch you speeding) I get let out of junctions, smiled at and not cut up ever, something that happens all the time in my car.
That's because we all hate you. Especially as we haven't got BMWs.

I must admit, lovely to drive, in the 3 series you feel more part of the machine(like on a motorbike).
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 18:13   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
It's obviously a sensible thing to do but I'd no idea you were breaking the law if you didn't do it. An avalanche off the roof of the car in front onto your windscreen could make life difficult.

I'm always careful of BMW drivers whatever the weather, they seem to suffer from a collective madness. Has anyone else noticed that?
I didn't know it was against the law, either! None seems to have settled on my car. I'm mega soft and tend to warm my car up loads before I actually get in it.... And use a bucket-load of de-icer lol.

My Mother has a BMW-I know zilch about cars so couldn't tell you what kind other than it's got two doors, is quite 'flat' and is black. I drive it whenever we're together as she hates driving and I don't mind, so she asks me to-but, I don't like it!It reminds me of a dentist's chair the way it has weird nooks and crannies in the seat, and the gearstick's in a weird place. It freaks me out when it switches itself off when you stop, as well!
She probably fits the stereotype of BMW drivers I hate to say although I'm sure you don't, BG!
Back on topic-I drove to Bolton and back twice last weekend and the roads were okay. I was looking out for black ice but didn't have to be overly careful. The only thing that did cause me slight panic was people stopping very suddenly in front of me, happened at least twice, and everybody seems to lurk in the middle lane on the motorway for some reason?!Then again that's a normal occurrence I suppose.
Old 23-01-2013, 18:48   #19
JFT96

Sounds like a Coupe, similar to what I have.

To be fair I do enjoy driving and a BMW allows to to drive, they handle rather well. So while I try not to drive like a c i may do now and then

According to Top Gear all the idiots are now in Audi's

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 18:52   #20

Quote:

To be fair I do enjoy driving and a BMW allows to to drive, they handle rather well. So while I try not to drive like a c i may do now and then

It's probably just me-I'm used to driving a non-power steering large campervan, and an ex police squad Focus. I drive like a bloke

I don't blame you, I have banned myself from listening to heavy metal from driving because that tends to make me drive 'Like a c '
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 23-01-2013, 19:05   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:

Its funny the difference in reception I get in my car and Mrs BG's car which is a rather large and fast Volvo Estate (the same model the traffic cops use to catch you speeding) I get let out of junctions, smiled at and not cut up ever, something that happens all the time in my car.
I know what you mean-how other road users treat you depends on the car you're driving.
My wife always had small cars- driving them used to terrify me, you were getting beat up and cut up all the time. She said it was even worse when she drove on her own.
That's why I like my nice big 4X4- any BMWs get in my way I can just drive straight over them(especially the coupes, they're easy).
Boeing Guy and Studio25 like this.
Old 23-01-2013, 19:30   #22

Having survived riding motorcycles for 40 years I treat all other rode users as idiots and they are out to get me. I can change my opinion of them was they are out of the way. Works for me!!!
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 19:38   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Having survived riding motorcycles for 40 years I treat all other rode users as idiots and they are out to get me.
They are!
I wouldn't dare ride a motorbike now, so vulnerable, so much traffic, so many BMW drivers!
Anyway, as Less said, they leak.
Old 23-01-2013, 19:44   #24
God Member

One of Neil's mates driving down Union Road.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 19:45   #25
God Member

i dont know about anywhere else but hyndburn in general is not somehwere you should assume a green light means go if you want to live very long

the amount of red light jumping is staggering and its all on video but cant be used to prosecute the guilty.I have no idea why not as a camera can take a photo and get you 3 points and a fine then shouldnt actual video footage be usable ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 23-01-2013, 19:46   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
One of Neil's mates driving down Union Road.

thats not union road theres clearly 3ft without a pothole

Old 23-01-2013, 19:51   #27
God Member

Quote:

Not all in Audis ... some of us drive classic Cadillacs
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 20:09   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Not all in Audis ... some of us drive classic Cadillacs
Are you referring to that pale blue metallic car I see parked on your driveway on street view?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 20:22   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Are you referring to that pale blue metallic car I see parked on your driveway on street view?
That would be the one I even have fuzzy dice
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 22:46   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
as a rule of thumb in bad weather like we have now if your driving around with a thick layer of snow on your car roof then consider yourself an arsehole and a danger to everyone else.
I feel sorry for double decker bus drivers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..