Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 14:33   #16
God Member

Re: Bad News for Women Drivers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Can of worms opening....cannot...be.....contained!!!!
neither can a bottom full of worms

been a long time since iv refered to dihorea as having worms lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2011, 14:47   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Sexual Equality = will only be when men can get pregnant and give birth au naturel way an all !!

If you don't want to swallow a pip, don't eat the apple.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 16:12   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Sexual Equality = will only be when men can get pregnant and give birth au naturel way an all !!
how many use that excuse deliberately to trap a male, or is that the Venus Fly Trap?
Old 01-03-2011, 17:48   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

If you don't want to swallow a pip, don't eat the apple.

Oh that's long gone G. women only want men now because a dildo doesn't pay round int pub
Old 01-03-2011, 18:11   #20
Resting in Peace

It does seem a little unfair, after all insurance companies base their premiums on the risk value, and women were in a category of a lower risk payout than men.

So are they going to re-assess the risk then for living in an M15 area and not a BB5 location ? Can get your car nicked/pranged anywhere these days.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 18:54   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Personally i think its another fine example of P.C. gone mad, should be used to this by now, but i aint.
Old 01-03-2011, 19:26   #22
God Member

i thought it was wrong for women to get cheaper premiums because women have less accidents and not for gender reasons

the main reason why women are less likely to claim is because there are less women driving than men.If there was more women driving than men then men would be less likely to claim because they would hold less insurance policies.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:32   #23
Resting in Peace

Its surprising, but I have never been a very good passenger in any vehicle, seeing driving was part of my job, I was far more at home behind the wheel of a car or anything else for that matter. Its therefore rather surprising that I now feel very safe when out in the car with either Joan or my Daughter, they are both very good and safe drivers, who are not frightened to put their foot down when needed
Old 02-03-2011, 21:28   #24

I was seething with this ruling, and as ken said it has really opened a can of worms Its not just car insurance that this will now apply for, It's all insurance policies that will have to fall in line. Where is the line that we draw, health insurance should be the same rate even if you drink and smoke excessively? And now Ageism applies too so older people will have to pay higher prices

Some stupid idiot was only thinking about himself!
Old 02-03-2011, 22:21   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_flights View Post
I was seething with this ruling, and as ken said it has really opened a can of worms Its not just car insurance that this will now apply for, It's all insurance policies that will have to fall in line. Where is the line that we draw, health insurance should be the same rate even if you drink and smoke excessively? And now Ageism applies too so older people will have to pay higher prices

Some stupid idiot was only thinking about himself!
Sadly, if we are to have equality for all, it sometimes comes at a price.

There were probably similar complaints about costs when the Equal Pay Act become law in 1975. When women, doing the same job as a man, were for the first time entitled to the same pay.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..