Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2008, 15:00   #76
God Member

Re: Bad Reporting???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla McLoughlin View Post
Think ive covered everything. Any other questions????
oh, and just in case youv'e been following-the trial for my case against Peel Park is next month too-something else for you all to comment on x
You're not having much luck are you?

First all the trouble with Peel Park and now this.

I hope you get things sorted out with Ofsted.

People trust Ofsted, they have to.
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2008, 15:10   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i certainly hope she comes out on top of this, but ya never answered an earlier question by neil, are you saying OFSTED are telling lies?

thats just what i was thinking cashy

in my experiences with ofsted (being a former parent governor and vice chair on the pta) ofsted are really thorough in their investigations, there is NO WAY ofsted are wrong in that report, i'm sorry but it just doesnt happen, Intack where ofsteded a couple of years ago and put into special measures, luckily within a matter of months they sorted themselves out and came out with a better inspection...

in my opinion what ofsted say goes, people can try to deny the fact but there is just no denying the truth when it comes to childrens safety
Old 19-08-2008, 15:21   #78

Well said Flashy

Incidentally, what was the problem going on with Peel Park?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 15:23   #79
God Member

i suppose its kinda like doing a lie detector test and then saying the lie detector test is lying

dunno what happened with Peel Park, Lilly knows
Old 19-08-2008, 15:27   #80
Junior Member+

yeah suppose it is only the difference here is it ain't a lie detector????? its one inspector and five staff members and numerous parents??? like ive said, i will know on Friday and be sure to let all you gossips know!
Carla McLoughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 15:30   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i suppose its kinda like doing a lie detector test and then saying the lie detector test is lying

dunno what happened with Peel Park, Lilly knows

I only know what I remember reading in the local papers at the time.

If I remember correctly Carla McLoughlin started the after school club and ran it for a time and then the governors of Peel Park wanted her out without giving her or the parents much notice.

That's all I remember.

Carla can correct me if needed. That's just what I remember reading about the situation.
Old 19-08-2008, 15:32   #82

I'd hardly call members of the community commenting on a newspaper article and relevant Government report 'gossiping'.

I'm sure you wouldnt call it such if positive comments were being made,which if you had taken the time to look through the site, you will find many favourable reviews and comments on local services and businesses.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 15:32   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
yeah suppose it is only the difference here is it ain't a lie detector????? its one inspector and five staff members and numerous parents??? like ive said, i will know on Friday and be sure to let all you gossips know!
well lets be honest here, ya can call people gossips or whatever you want, what happened at your place has given people who have kids a RIGHT to be concerned, you may not like that,but it is fact. hope it turns out well fer ya, but yer a fool if ya think people will not be talking.
Old 19-08-2008, 15:39   #84
God Member

the report is to be believed, no matter what, you cant go denying the facts that have been found out, the person reported on what they saw, is that not fact? or was the person telling lies?

oh and excuse me but this is a forum called ACCRINGTON WEB arent we allowed to discuss things happening in and around ACCRINGTON? things that have been made public knowledge by the newspapers?
Old 19-08-2008, 16:13   #85
Junior Member+

course you are just maybe sometimes think about the things that you write and how it affects people. we're only human. Plus, you know no facts regarding this matter at all. If everything that people said bothered me i'd of packed it in before now. I just feel that people should refrain from comment on issues that they know nothing about thats all. Do you have any children? just wondered?
Old 19-08-2008, 16:20   #86
God Member

That makes it sound like no one should believe what OFSTED has written regarding the nursery
Old 19-08-2008, 16:21   #87
Senior Member+

I'm sorry but its very hard to believe that an OFSTED inspector made things like this up!!
Before you ask, yes i have had experience of OFSTED.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 16:41   #88
Junior Member+

Didnt say it was made up, i said many aspects of it were being investigated. WHICH THEY ARE. You may of had experience with OFSTED, but every inspector and experience is different. I dont want to get into a heated debate with people who dont know me and i dont know them. thanks for all your comments and opinions. I will keep people informed
Old 19-08-2008, 16:42   #89
Give, give, give member

Quote:
course you are just maybe sometimes think about the things that you write and how it affects people. we're only human. Plus, you know no facts regarding this matter at all. If everything that people said bothered me i'd of packed it in before now. I just feel that people should refrain from comment on issues that they know nothing about thats all. Do you have any children? just wondered?
I hope you soon get the problems ironed out, and can get on with running your business.

Can I ask, did you go to the Observer, or did they contact you?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 17:18   #90
Junior Member+

thanks
i terminated a member of staffs employment following the inspection, and she has given it to observer-amongst other things!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..