Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2008, 17:21   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: Bad Reporting???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla McLoughlin View Post
thanks
i terminated a member of staffs employment following the inspection, and she has given it to observer-amongst other things!!
Nice one.

Good luck.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2008, 17:47   #92
Junior Member+

thank you. its nice to know other people are human and live in the real world!
Carla McLoughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 18:55   #93

Quote:
course you are just maybe sometimes think about the things that you write and how it affects people. we're only human. Plus, you know no facts regarding this matter at all. If everything that people said bothered me i'd of packed it in before now. I just feel that people should refrain from comment on issues that they know nothing about thats all. Do you have any children? just wondered?
Yes I think that every single person that has commented on this has children, but i'm not sure what difference that makes?

At the end of the day, the original post asked about the reporting discrepancies between the Observer and the Ofsted report, and asked if any members had children in the nursery that could comment.

People are commenting on a report using examples that are given in writing by a Government official, be it biased or not. Thats called freedom of speech. People have also wished you luck for the next report, so I think thats more than fair
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 19:45   #94
God Member

Quote:
We are a brand new nursery-only open ten months! We haven't been established long at all and dont claim to be perfect.
Sorry Lady , But if I was a parent of a young child I would expect the nursery/childminder to be up to scratch from Day 1 and not to be operating on a ten month learning curve while figuring out how to run a business
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 19:52   #95
Senior Member+

Im assuming the nursery provision was up to scratch 10 months ago cos OFSTED should have inspected them before they opened..............

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 20:00   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Im assuming the nursery provision was up to scratch 10 months ago cos OFSTED should have inspected them before they opened..............
thats a bit like the health dept. inspecting a restaurant before they start serving food , the facilities might be good , but a bit pointless if Typhoid Mary is the cook
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 20:03   #97
Senior Member+

when i was inspected as a childminder the inspector quizzed you about everything and checked your house from top to bottom before you were registered.. atcollege we were told that it was the same for nurserys.. they have to checked by ofsted and various other people before they are allowed to open.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 19-08-2008, 20:15   #98
God Member

Quote:
thanks
i terminated a member of staffs employment following the inspection, and she has given it to observer-amongst other things!!

It's not like the Observer to print one-sided stories regarding how badly somebody has been treated.

Can we guess who the reporter was ?
Old 19-08-2008, 20:16   #99
Senior Member+

nutty butty reporter!!!! she is ace i love her....

reports a big pile of poo tho.

Old 19-08-2008, 20:19   #100
God Member

Quote:
Ah right, the peoples champion. She will be too good for the Observer soon and get promoted to the Daily Star or The Sun
Old 19-08-2008, 20:19   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I only know what I remember reading in the local papers at the time.

If I remember correctly Carla McLoughlin started the after school club and ran it for a time and then the governors of Peel Park wanted her out without giving her or the parents much notice.

That's all I remember.

Carla can correct me if needed. That's just what I remember reading about the situation.
I agree with most of what Lilly remembers there was some trouble between Carla and the govenors. The only thing was the parents were unaware that the after school club was not going to be running when the kids went back to school(or should I say Carla was no longer running it?) One of the parents wrote a letter to the Observer saying the report they printed was the first she knew about it.
Old 19-08-2008, 20:21   #102
Senior Member+

whats that one that reports people that have been abducted by elvis?

Old 19-08-2008, 20:25   #103
God Member

Quote:
whats that one that reports people that have been abducted by elvis?

Now you've mentioned it on here, expect it to be the lead story in this weeks Observer
Old 19-08-2008, 20:26   #104
Senior Member+

lol.... is it the enquirer?

Old 19-08-2008, 20:43   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:

reports a big pile of poo tho.
No, was actually Lisa Kenyon, the news editor .. a member on here .. can always p.m. her if you wish to tell her about the poo she writes...

Why don't you all leave this lass alone now, and let her get on with improving her facilities... obviously, are problems, which she will have to rectify or face closure ... let's hope she does with a more favourable report in September.

She does not appear to be shying away from the criticism at least.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..