Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2008, 21:46   #106

Re: Bad Reporting???

Which is fair enough, I just dont like being told what I can and cant talk about
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2008, 21:51   #107

sorry Kate, that looked like I was aiming that at you! I wasnt! lol
Old 19-08-2008, 21:57   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
No, was actually Lisa Kenyon, the news editor .. a member on here .. can always p.m. her if you wish to tell her about the poo she writes...

Why don't you all leave this lass alone now, and let her get on with improving her facilities... obviously, are problems, which she will have to rectify or face closure ... let's hope she does with a more favourable report in September.

She does not appear to be shying away from the criticism at least.
why PM Lisa Kenyon? i will say it straight yer paper is garbage. n was before she became news editor, so aint n attack on her, used to be a great local paper, now its on a par with the sun. reporting is about as accurate as the burnley forward line.
Old 19-08-2008, 22:20   #109
God Member

Sorry but don't think any members have been out of order on this thread, they were just commenting on an OFSTED report that put a nursery in a bad light. Then they were insulted for disscussing it. Well tough, it is a public forum to discuss issues that we feel the need discussing. In fact most people have wished the nursery well!!!
Old 20-08-2008, 09:22   #110

Everbody has their own opinion and if we didnt it would be very boring. I can totally understand from both sides as i am very close to Carla. I know the nursery and when i read the OFSTED report it was very harsh and not a comfortable read. Thanx to those who have sent messages of good luck. Things can only get better xxx

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 10:30   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Cal View Post
Everbody has their own opinion and if we didnt it would be very boring. I can totally understand from both sides as i am very close to Carla. I know the nursery and when i read the OFSTED report it was very harsh and not a comfortable read. Thanx to those who have sent messages of good luck. Things can only get better xxx
I dont think theres a single person on here that doesnt hope that
Old 20-08-2008, 11:17   #112
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Cal View Post
I dont think theres a single person on here that doesnt hope that
Are you replying for me as well? I said before if the inspector found something unsafe they should have shut down the nursary until it is sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla McLoughlin View Post
I opened Dolli Dimples as my passion has always been children.
So it has nothing to do with making money then?

I found this part of the report bad - The kitchen is used as a walkway for children to access the outdoor area where sharp implements are easily accessible in an open tray.

Why an earth would any children be allowing in the kitchen area? This must be asking for accidents to happen. What about hygiene as well?
Old 20-08-2008, 11:24   #113

Neil, do you not hope that things get better then?????
Old 20-08-2008, 13:56   #114

Hi, I am the Deputy Manager of Dolli Dimples- the Death Trap Nursery you have all been discussing! I have tried ever so hard to refrain from getting involved in this pointless/clueless online banter, but could restrain myself no longer, as it is not only the Manager and the Nursery that the majority of you are slating, it is also a reflection of my hard work that I put into taking care of the children and the Nursery itself. I have not just been doing this for the past 10 months that the setting has opened, my hard work began 18 months ago when the Nursery began to establish!

I think people are missing the main point- the report has been contested and is being investigated. So therefore, YES, some comments are untrue (lies)!

Who in their right mind lets children play in the kitchen with sharp implements? especially people who are trained to work with children!! All four being on shift that day.

Good point- why weren't we shut down?? Once again because points of the report are untrue (lies)! that's why we are open!!

And just to clarify- yes we had a registration inspection before we opened. We are also continuously inspected by other bodies such as environmental health, the local fire department, and local educational authority (we have had 5 visits from them).

Oh and another point, we had a "Spot Check" visit from an OFSTED inspector last week, which funnily enough we passed!! How strange!!

Evidently, some of you don't have a clue what running or working in a nursery entails.

Thanks Danielle Beech xx
Danielle Beech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 14:01   #115
Senior Member+

OMG!!!! I think you'll find that it was me that said you must have passed the assesment to open and that you would also be assessed by other agencies... we are going off what OFSTED have said, an agency that is there to protect children. I also said I have been assesed by OFSTED as a childminder and as part of a school i worked at. so yes! i do understand about OFSTED and i do not understand why an inspector would lie!

congratulations on passing the spot test, you havenet been closed down and thats a good sign, you have been given a chance to fix the problems outlined in the report, IF its not true then that will be easy wont it?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 14:07   #116
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Beech View Post
Oh and another point, we had a "Spot Check" visit from an OFSTED inspector last week, which funnily enough we passed!! How strange!!

I think anyone who had such a bad report would pull their socks up and sort themselves out, so no it is neither funny, or strange

As many have said, hope the improvement carries on and good luck in the future
Old 20-08-2008, 14:10   #117
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Hi, I am the Deputy Manager of Dolli Dimples- the Death Trap Nursery you have all been discussing!
At least you admit it is a death trap, now pull your finger out and make it safe for the kiddies.
Old 20-08-2008, 14:19   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Hi, I am the Deputy Manager of Dolli Dimples- the Death Trap Nursery you have all been discussing! I have tried ever so hard to refrain from getting involved in this pointless/clueless online banter, but could restrain myself no longer, as it is not only the Manager and the Nursery that the majority of you are slating, it is also a reflection of my hard work that I put into taking care of the children and the Nursery itself. I have not just been doing this for the past 10 months that the setting has opened, my hard work began 18 months ago when the Nursery began to establish!

I think people are missing the main point- the report has been contested and is being investigated. So therefore, YES, some comments are untrue (lies)!

Who in their right mind lets children play in the kitchen with sharp implements? especially people who are trained to work with children!! All four being on shift that day.

Good point- why weren't we shut down?? Once again because points of the report are untrue (lies)! that's why we are open!!

And just to clarify- yes we had a registration inspection before we opened. We are also continuously inspected by other bodies such as environmental health, the local fire department, and local educational authority (we have had 5 visits from them).

Evidently, some of you don't have a clue what running or working in a nursery entails.

Thanks Danielle Beech xx
Evidently you don't have a clue,that people with kids have a Right to be concerned after reading such a report. and as for slating, most have wished the place well, yer hard work obviously does not reflect public relations training, can well understand ya being upset,but sometimes its wise to think before opening yer gob.
Old 20-08-2008, 14:52   #119
Senior Member+

according to her profile dannielle is 19 which means she has been a qualified nursery nurse for a year....... im surprised that is enough experience to be a deputy manager.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 15:12   #120

Well Done Danielle, I think you have actually managed to eliminate any good that Claire and Carla may have done. Thankfully you have used your last name as well, so I know who to avoid in the future.

Mistakes can be corrected, attitude unfortunately sticks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..