Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 21:53   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: bail hostel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Pity this was not disclosed before the local elections.......they would have faced a bigger thrashing.
Who would face a bigger thrashing? The people of East Lancashire? This is typical of all parties, dump the trash with the rest of the trash, get off your high horse and realise the rest of the country consider us to be a place to dump such rubbish, we all, from every political view point need to say we don't want this crap!

The only way we could do this is to forget our political views and consider 'our county', it's somewhere we could be proud of, if we worked together to prevent this type of dumping ground.

Let's all demand a better Lancashire!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2008, 21:54   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
were so u suggest?? top of the coppice? they have to go somewhere....
Siberia springs to mind..........cant suggest Australia that's been done and they finished up wearing silly hats with corks on them

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 21:54   #18
Senior Member+

whats the difference between a bail hostel and the criminals and druggies we have roaming the streets anyway? at least there will be some sort of monitering of the ones in the hostel.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 21:56   #19
God Member

Quote:
But why Accrington??
Old 05-05-2008, 21:58   #20

We have to have such things, bail hostels, prisons, there are folk kicking up a fuss about a new energy efficient town that is planned to be built close to them, wiping out some of their countryside.

Think we all understand that we need them, nobody wants them on their doorstep though, it’s a bit of a dilemma.

It would be a bonus if at least the local authority knew what was being planned locally by outsiders.
Old 05-05-2008, 21:58   #21
Resting in Peace

Been bail hostel in Accy for years
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 21:59   #22
God Member

Quote:
whats the difference between a bail hostel and the criminals and druggies we have roaming the streets anyway? at least there will be some sort of monitering of the ones in the hostel.
You are joking aren't you? There was a programme on telly a while back and pervs who were meant to be monitored were just going about where they wanted
Old 05-05-2008, 22:01   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Pity this was not disclosed before the local elections.......they would have faced a bigger thrashing.
nothing at all to do with local elections, as they aint even been consulted,
Old 05-05-2008, 22:04   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
agree how about on your street.
Old 05-05-2008, 22:07   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Who would face a bigger thrashing? The people of East Lancashire? This is typical of all parties, dump the trash with the rest of the trash, get off your high horse and realise the rest of the country consider us to be a place to dump such rubbish, we all, from every political view point need to say we don't want this crap!

The only way we could do this is to forget our political views and consider 'our county', it's somewhere we could be proud of, if we worked together to prevent this type of dumping ground.

Let's all demand a better Lancashire!
OK stand in the next election as a 'Demand for better Lancashire' candidate.
Half of the electorate would not understand what you are saying.
Never been on a high horse which you seem to put yourself on.
The government took a hiding in the local elections and everyone is aware of that, OK I agree we don't want this crap but how can I trust you as a potential ally to prevent this happening if you try to ridicule (which seems to be the morm) someone who defends Lancashire and will always do so no matter what crass comments are forthcoming from a nobody who thinks he's funny.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 22:07   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree how about on your street.
i live up woodnook..... whats the difference?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 05-05-2008, 22:10   #27
God Member

Quote:
i live up woodnook..... whats the difference?
Are you being serious? My god am sure I don't want paedophiles and the like around my grandchildren
Old 05-05-2008, 22:12   #28
Senior Member+

im not saying i agree with it... i am saying that they have to go somewhere and the people in the hostel will be checked up on.. thats much better than the ones that roam the street!

Old 05-05-2008, 22:14   #29

i dont want my kids near these people either,put them in a field with a pack of wolves
lancscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 22:15   #30
Senior Member+

what do you think happens to paedophiles when they leave the hostels?
the council rehomes them...
every single council estate will have at least one!
i live on a council estate with my son.... so before anyone asks, no i dont agree with that either!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..