Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2012, 10:37   #1
I am Banned

Bank of englands promisery notes

I personally don't think we should relie on the banks paper as much as we do..... so i thought i'd start this thread to see what others think about this fiat currency and the curruption it brings?.......money will make a good man bad,money will make enough men/women sad,money will make our brothers and sisters go to war, forget about the goodtimes i think we need to change our ways....if you worship it its very addictive, never remember when you use to beg through hungry, now you get rich and go on like a big timer but you burn the bridges that you crossed over..you can be rich today and broke tomorrow thats just the way life goes.... money is money and friends are friends i'll never put NO money before my good friends ....... peace and love
AccyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2012, 11:16   #2
I am Banned

Re: Bank of englands promisery notes

is it true that The banks just make the money up - by typing numbers into their computers. other partie's provide the cash flow but The banks call all the shots? and also is almost all the money in circulation (ie over 90%) not printed cash (i.e exists on computers only)??
Old 22-04-2012, 11:25   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyChris View Post
is it true that The banks just make the money up - by typing numbers into their computers. other partie's provide the cash flow but The banks call all the shots? and also is almost all the money in circulation (ie over 90%) not printed cash (i.e exists on computers only)??
Of course it's true ... this super-secret information is cunningly hidden in the pages of every introductory economics text ... that's why nobody is aware of it
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 11:56   #4
I am Banned

"Money can buy everything, it is said. What is not said is what it takes to buy money."
Old 22-04-2012, 11:57   #5
I am Banned

starve the money machine lol
Old 22-04-2012, 12:01   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Of course it's true ... this super-secret information is cunningly hidden in the pages of every introductory economics text ... that's why nobody is aware of it
Don't you feel relieved now that you've got that off your chest
Old 22-04-2012, 12:15   #7
God Member

Quote:
Don't you feel relieved now that you've got that off your chest
Not really ... just pointing out what should be obvious to even a partially educated, double-digit IQ clown whose accumulated wisdom wouldn't even fill a fortune cookie.

Now I feel a little better ... Have a nice day, eh
Old 22-04-2012, 13:11   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Not really ... just pointing out what should be obvious to even a partially educated, double-digit IQ clown whose accumulated wisdom wouldn't even fill a fortune cookie.

Now I feel a little better ... Have a nice day, eh
surely your not insinuating i'm a partially educated, double-digit IQ clown whose accumulated wisdom wouldn't even fill a fortune cookie lol
Old 22-04-2012, 18:17   #9
JFT96

You don't need to rely on paper money, the money that is printed and minted is based on trust. That you can use it to pay for other goods and services.

However if you want to resort to carrying large amounts of gold around, let me know, I am always after some more

We live in a society where you need money to get by. What you think of it is irrelevant, we stopped bartering a long time ago.
It may be unfair, but it's better than the alternative.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 18:37   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
You don't need to rely on paper money, the money that is printed and minted is based on trust. That you can use it to pay for other goods and services.

However if you want to resort to carrying large amounts of gold around, let me know, I am always after some more

We live in a society where you need money to get by. What you think of it is irrelevant, we stopped bartering a long time ago.
a correct response for change... i keep my gold somewhere even you would'nt go my friend ..peace
Old 22-04-2012, 19:10   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

a long time ago folk put gold in the bank and started using Pnotes because they tought they were "as good as gold" but there was a raise in inflation untill Pnotes were worth less than the paper there wrote on so they had to work harder to earn less.... and the best bit of the story is the bank started printing more Pnotes than it had gold and loaned it out (with a tidy profit of course) ..... moral of the story being if everyone did want to exchange there Pnotes the bank could'nt exchange them for anything more than Pnuts
Old 23-04-2012, 01:11   #12
God Member

Quote:
surely your not insinuating i'm a partially educated, double-digit IQ clown whose accumulated wisdom wouldn't even fill a fortune cookie lol
I've re-read what I wrote, and I can assure that I see not the slightest hint of insinuation ... nor implication ... nor suggestion ... nothing at all like that.
Old 23-04-2012, 01:13   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
I've re-read what I wrote, and I can assure that I see not the slightest hint of insinuation ... nor implication ... nor suggestion ... nothing at all like that.

lol
Old 23-04-2012, 01:26   #14
I am Banned

Quote:

The super secret Supreme Master Leader banker is Rothschild. "Let me issue and control a Nation's money and I care not who makes its laws"
Old 26-04-2012, 20:47   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
starve the money machine lol

"What does the money machine eat? It eats youth, spontaneity, life, beauty, and, above all, it eats creativity. It eats quality and sh*ts quantity."

Tags
fiat currency, money

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..