Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2004, 21:20   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Batman & Robin in Accy

I wonder where they'll be going on fact finding missions?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2004, 21:46   #17
Always EVIL within us

Angry Re: Batman & Robin in Accy

Instead of a couple of councillors with HUGE ego's pen-pushing and travelling the world, why do they not just put a couple of extra Bobby's on the beat at evenings to move on unsavoury crowds of teenagers?

They (the police) should go back to basics and communicate with the people in the street again!
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 08:14   #18

Exactly 747. The money going into this project would surely be better off paying for cops on streets.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:06   #19
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I wonder where they'll be going on fact finding missions?

That's a very good question Willow... New York springs to mind as a possibility, wonder how much it will cost and whether the new dress she buys from Barneys will be put on expenses...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 13:20   #20
God Member

Area 'is safest in the country'
ACCRINGTON is probably the safest town in the country, the area's police chief has claimed.

I don't believe it! This is from today's Telegraph website....The Dynamic Duo, Reg & Sandra (or whatever they're called) have been in the job 2 days and already they've cleaned up Accy....truly awsome. Watch out, David Blunkett! The Accy Crimebusters are about!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 19:59   #21
mez
God Member

eh, i was in town this morning //it looks the same to me// mabe i need to change my glasses, do they do rose tinted these days.////
Old 01-07-2004, 20:13   #22

With a bit of imagination perhaps we could call Reg, 'Rope' and Sandra, 'Soap' making the perfect catchy name for a cleanup act such as theirs....

'Soap on a Rope'

Anyone remember Richard Branson's 'Keep Britain Tidy' campaign ?
Clean up campaigns always attract media coverage when they are launched, great for publicity, but they never last for long.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..