Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 18:10   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Batteries not included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I'm sure a lot of people remember the power cuts in the 70s, we were in darkness for hours on end, day and night. Good fun though.
Well, depends on what you were up to at the time Ernie. Was doing a show at Ossie Town Hall, Pyjama Game I think and bloody lights kept going off ... we felt obliged to entertain audience until power restored.

Had to get out the torches and do our party pieces. (I did have a striptease in this show, but didn't oblige, cause no telling what they would be up to in the dark .. oh gawd !! .. doing a Chav )

Point I was trying to make is ... in these sort of circumstances .. why should we be obliged to entertain the troops so to speak .. did this happen in the war, did people look to bar tenders, shop keepers etc., to take charge. or did they just tell them to go home and every man for himself ??

Glad they didn't ask for refund anyway
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2006, 18:13   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I'm sure a lot of people remember the power cuts in the 70s, we were in darkness for hours on end, day and night. Good fun though.
Well, depends on what you were up to at the time Ernie. Was doing a show at Ossie Town Hall, Pyjama Game I think and bloody lights kept going off ... we felt obliged to entertain audience until power restored.

Had to get out the torches and do our party pieces. (I did have a striptease in this show, but didn't oblige, cause no telling what they would be up to in the dark .. oh gawd !! .. doing a Chav )

Point I was trying to make is ... in these sort of circumstances .. why should we be obliged to entertain the troops so to speak .. did this happen in the war, did people look to bar tenders, shop keepers etc., to take charge. or did they just tell them to go home and every man for himself ??

Glad they didn't ask for refund anyway
Old 02-06-2006, 18:17   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Duplicate post.

Driving me crazy !! What's going on !! Showing network error all the time ... then you go back as not showing in 'Today's Post's' moderators sort it out ...I'm just a computer idiot
Old 02-06-2006, 18:17   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Duplicate post.

Driving me crazy !! What's going on !! Showing network error all the time ... then you go back as not showing in 'Today's Post's' moderators sort it out ...I'm just a computer idiot

Gawd !! just done it again.

And again and again. Arrrrgh

Last edited by katex; 02-06-2006 at 18:20.
Old 02-06-2006, 19:49   #20
God Member

If you bother reading the thread each of those points makes perfect sense.
Have you been drinking again less.
I asked if anyone remembered the bad snow at the end of that nov. I find it hard to believe nobody does, not even here yet they remember 1970
Your sensible tealeaf, can you remember it?
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 19:55   #21
God Member

I've been worried about you for a while now Madhatter but now I'm seriously concerned - you think Tealeaf is sensible????

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 20:13   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Bloody Hell....what with this and the old fire station being subject to arson attack the town is begiining to resemble Baghdad. I trust that Gayle will get her picture project up & running soon, because otherwise there will be nowt left to photograph - the whole of Ossy will have gone up in smoke.
I know, I'm getting a bit worried about how I'm going to portray it in a positive light!

Old 02-06-2006, 20:33   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Bloody Hell....what with this and the old fire station being subject to arson attack the town is begiining to resemble Baghdad. I trust that Gayle will get her picture project up & running soon, because otherwise there will be nowt left to photograph - the whole of Ossy will have gone up in smoke.
Double post, sorry!

Old 02-06-2006, 21:01   #24
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
I've took nearly 2000 photographs in 5 months.
If I knew that rindy, I'd have come up in the van, I've got electricity in there.
About 12 years ago we had some really bad snow in this country, biggining of december, it bought all the phone lines down, power cables, no power meant no water, we had to travel a mile to the nearest bowser, no water for week. we even had to melt snow to get water. took a week to get the water back.
Any of you remember that?
Quote:
If you bother reading the thread each of those points makes perfect sense.
Have you been drinking again less.
I asked if anyone remembered the bad snow at the end of that nov. I find it hard to believe nobody does, not even here yet they remember 1970
Your sensible tealeaf, can you remember it?
Unlike you I do not need to be sober to make sense, but to tolerate your way of thinking I find it easier if I drink! If you really think your earlier statements fitted together I can understand how you don't need to drink your world needs no lubrication, (oh how silly of me, I hadn't noticed, you're attempting to go for the soft under belly rather than a full on charge! Less admits he drinks so make it seem like he drinks too much! How Original).

Where exactly does taking 2000 photo's in 5 months make perfect sense?

Where exactly does having electricity in your van make perfect sense? All vehicles have electricity or they wouldn't move! any extra electricity for a self admitted *van driver is of scarce use!

Where exactly does "
About 12 years ago snow", come into it? Not where Rindy was, not where I was, not last week!

Please give me a break, you don't even read over what you are going to post just once, to see how it looks, never mind how it might sound in someone elses brain.

But you seem to think you have some sort of advantage with your one sober brain cell against all the happy ones I keep in my pint glass?
Why not train it to do something useful? I can see some potential in you, if only you would commit yourself, you don't have to go private you can do it on the national health, I'll even lend you my jacket, straight up!

*Any Normal van driver can ignore that remark

In many earlier threads I have already stated that bullsh*t is my first and often main language, but you take it to it's lowest ebb.

Please remember I am the person on accyweb that is weirdly, wonderfully, full of S*it and it is hard work when having to cope with someone such as yourself that can take it to similar extremes without the aid of artificial stimulants!

From now on one of us will have to start posting in a more normal manner,
AND IT WON'T BE ME!

P.S. in your first post you mentioned December NOT November, don't you just hate these people that always misquote you?

Last edited by Less; 02-06-2006 at 21:06.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 21:04   #25
God Member

awwwwwwww gayle huggles, I didn't think anybody worried about me.
Old 02-06-2006, 21:18   #26
God Member

Quote:
I trust that Gayle will get her picture project up & running soon, because otherwise there will be nowt left to photograph
I've took nearly 2000 photographs in 5 months.

Rindy was without electricity. I have main electricity 240v in the van a portable go anywhere electricity generator.

The snow 12 years ALSO bought caused a power cut and is a lot more recent than the ones in 1970. rindy had no power, we had no power 12 years ago, but for a whole week, rindy had no phone, we had no phone 12 years ago, but for two weeks, rindy at least had water, 12 years ago we had no water.
point being that rindy could have had it a lot worse.

And I'm busy, I'm building several web sites and 5 forums.

AND i said have you been drinking, nothing more nothing less less, chill out.

Last edited by Madhatter; 02-06-2006 at 21:23.
Old 02-06-2006, 21:35   #27

Quote:

And I'm busy, I'm building several web sites and 5 forums.
What has that got to do with the price of fish?
It isn't in anything I've read on here,
if your busy, then be busy, concentrate on what might be worth while, if you're sites and forums are a success then good, but I don't want you coming back on here in five minutes saying they failed because I distracted you!
(don't forget the spill chicker and make sure your keyboard wurksprouply).
Old 02-06-2006, 21:40   #28
God Member

yes less they've failed cos of you.

Actually as you've mentioned spel chucker I'm on firefox and i can't get a spel chucker unless someone knows of a spel chucker plug in???
Old 02-06-2006, 21:49   #29

Quote:
yes less they've failed cos of you.

Actually as you've mentioned spel chucker I'm on firefox and i can't get a spel chucker unless someone knows of a spel chucker plug in???
Your own fault for making me a super moderator, I did warn you!

Just have google open on a multitab and if in doubt chuck the word in there, It will always say 'did you mean ****?'
Old 02-06-2006, 22:57   #30
God Member

where do the batteries come into it Garinda? have you got your toys souped up to the mains?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..