Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By Restless
  • 1 Post By maxthecollie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2016, 15:08   #1

Baxter the Boxer Dog

Can anyone help me locate the family of Baxter? He is a 5.5 year old, red, long-tailed boxer dog. I was his original owner but very sadly had to re-home him. It was made slightly easier because he went to live with friends, however they moved away and he was re-homed again with a family in the Accrington area - and with that all news of him stopped. I have no intention of imposing myself on the family if that is their wish, but I think of him often and to know that he is healthy, happy and settled would mean the world. Thank you.
Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2016, 15:34   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Baxter the Boxer Dog

Haze, it must be very hard to give up a much loved pet.
I do not know where Baxter is, but I wish you success in your search.
My mum adopted a little dog just after Easter this year. Like you, it was circumstances that forced the family to rehome the little dog.....it was not something they did lightly.
For the first month or so we kept in regular touch with the family to let them know how little Roxy was doing. It made them feel better and they know they can phone Ma at any time to get updates.
Ma's little dog has given her a new lease of life.
I hope you can have similar news of Baxter.
Haze likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 16:02   #3
Senior Member+

I also have had to give up a pet, but she's with my parents so I can still go say hello to her. Hope you can find and they are accommodating

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Haze likes this.
Old 02-10-2016, 22:26   #4
Senior Member+

Try the local vets to see if they have a boxer called Baxter on their books
Haze likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:25   #5

And they are not likely to tell you as they may have several.

Why can Haze not seek out Baxter via the people that she had it rehomed by in the first place.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:35   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Probably with them moving away he has no contact, seems very likely.
Old 03-10-2016, 14:23   #7

Hi - thanks for your comment - you are correct - I have lost touch with them since they moved so I am unable to find out anything else from them. If his owners hear of my request and choose not to provide any feedback then I have to respect that, although as dog lovers I would hope this not to be the case. It is the not knowing that is hard.
Old 03-10-2016, 16:42   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Time to move on. It was your dog, now it's someone else's, life is like that.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:45   #9

You cannot have any further contact with the dog, to do so would undo all the work involved in getting it to accept a new family and could cause untold problems.

Maybe it's best to just accept it and have fond memories, and move onto another dog who will love you as much, there are plenty at the animal sanctuaries that are in need of loving homes.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 18:02   #10
Beacon of light

You do not necessarily have to have contact with the dog, but contact with the family would do no harm.
My mum is in contact with the previous owner of her little dog. They often have a good natter, and it helps the family who gave up the dog for medical reasons to still feel involved and it is a comfort to them to,hear of how she is doing
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 18:11   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The best thing that person can do is let go.
I loved all the animals I had, was never in a position were I had to let it go elsewhere, but, it must be unhealthy to pine after the animal and put a post on here.
Surely by now the most sensible thing would be to replace it? So long as they are now in a stable position to keep the next one for the whole of it's life?
Otherwise just let it go, spending time full of regrets isn't healthy.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 18:45   #12

Thanks for all your comments which I fully appreciate. It isn't my intention to see Baxter again, I never visited him when he was rehomed with friends precisely for that reason - to let him settle, but the difference was I knew he was ok. I have another dog who will be with me for life but that doesn't stop me wondering how Baxter is doing - that is just in my nature. If I heard he was ok it would give me peace of mind and that would be the end of it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..