Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 13:17   #1
God Member

BBC Weather Forecasts..

....Aren't ya just sick of 'em! For the third day in a row, I have watched the early morning BBC forecast and on each occaision it has informed me that the weather in the Metropolis will comprise clear blue skies and a temperature in the f '60's. Whats happened? It's been colder than Accy, overcast and dismal and now its raining.

Who are these bozos resonsible for this nonsense? Why can they not get it right? Surely all it needs is a few satelite piccys and a back of the envelope calculation and the rest of us would know for sure whether to go out carrying an umberella or wearing T-shirts & shorts. Instead, we get a forecast, which like the News programme, is a mixture of lies, wishful thinking and cheap propaganda.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 02-06-2006 at 15:08.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2006, 15:05   #2
God Member

Re: BBC Weather Forecasts..

How about a barometer for crimbo Tealeaf? Better to watch the wildlife to gauge the weather than those met office amatures.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 15:38   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Who are these bozos resonsible for this nonsense?
It's the Met Office that provides the weather forecast on the BBC.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 20:10   #4
Resting in Peace

Personally, I always find them fairly reliable .. maybe you on another planet Tealeaf. e.g. they did say was going to get warmer mid-week, (predicted last week) frost one night, clear blue skies today throughout the country and I have travelled up from Bristol and yes, twas correct on all points. Tomorrow should be warmer and dry, few more clouds ... let's see, eh ?

Before I went on holiday early May looked at the 10-day forecast for all the ports I would be visiting and, again, all on the ball ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 22:51   #5
God Member

One way, and I belive the best way to judge the weather is to look out of an open window and see if it sunny/windy/raining.. I find this a good indication of the state of the weather
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 22:55   #6
Give, give, give member

I use seaweed.

If it's sunny you can fan yourself with it. If you're caught out in as shower you can use it as a useful rainmate/headscarf.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:49   #7
Resting in Peace

Try this site for your weather...........
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...crington&day=4
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..