Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2006, 14:44   #1
Senior Member+

beauty spots

Is there anywhere in accrington or surrounding that you class as a beauty spot,a place where you would love to place your house,do you live in a beauty spot?,is there somewhere that you love to go for walks or to spend the day,when i lived in blackburn we used to go to a reservoir in darwen on the way to bolton,it had the most beautiful scenery,been that long now i cant remember what it was called ,by beauty spot i mean somewhere that you class as beautiful :e59:
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2006, 15:10   #2
I am Banned

Re: beauty spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex
Is there anywhere in accrington or surrounding that you class as a beauty spot,a place where you would love to place your house,do you live in a beauty spot?,is there somewhere that you love to go for walks or to spend the day,when i lived in blackburn we used to go to a reservoir in darwen on the way to bolton,it had the most beautiful scenery,been that long now i cant remember what it was called ,by beauty spot i mean somewhere that you class as beautiful :e59:
i think that resevoir is now a local dogging area.

ime pretty sure one of our resident members will be able to verify that when they see this post lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 15:15   #3
Senior Member+

lol well if i knew that i would have picked somewhere else,but it was lovely when i lived there during the day i didnt know what went on at night
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 23:49   #4
God Member

you said surrounding areas - so thats what im going for - Grane, well really the reservoirs up there its nice to walk round on a sunny day.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 05:32   #5
Resting in Peace

Not to sure which way you would got to Bolton from Darwen but it could be The Jumbles which is found by going through to Bolton over the moors on the back roads. If it the one just off the A666 then that is Entwistle Water
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 05:42   #6
Super Moderator

My favourite local beauty spot is...sitting in the Stanley Sports Bar watching the sun set over the Clayton End. To these eyes, there is not a more beautiful sight in Accrington!
Old 24-10-2006, 08:09   #7
Give, give, give member

The site of the top reservoir in Ossy, on the moors above Haslingden Old Road.

I love following the path of the stream up. You can still see the massive boulders that were washed down when the res broke it's banks in the early seventies.

On a clear day you can play how many counties you can see from the top game.

It's wild, wonderful, and beautiful....and is the place where you'll one day find my ashes scattered!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 15:06   #8
God Member

Still working on this one. Trying to think of somewere with some trees a bit of water running and no one for a good mile and a half so I might need to find a comprimise.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..