Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2005, 22:26   #31

Re: Beer prices...

Seems like the issue of generic fuels could make a seperate topic & could be split off as it is detracting from the landlord issue.
I don't know much about the development or past of this "new" fuel other that a mention on a news channel. I do know that Saab/Ford do claim to have a new engine capable of running on the stuff as this is on the search engine site I accessed when looking up on the web under green fuels. It is definitely not LPG as you have used Entwisi, but a by product of vegetable oil called Mono-alkyl ester. I am not certain of the similarity with the German product. I wouldn't expect Tesco to sell something that had a history of damaging engines though, would expect they have enough backup to ensure safety of such a large selling product. I assume that this is primarily a diesel engine fuel though, not petrol.
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2005, 10:29   #32

Re: Beer prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
Can anybody tell me why beer is over £10. 00. per gallon when petrol and diesel is under £4.00. per gallon. You dont have to build a platform in the middle of the ocean, and then drill for years, to make beer, the main ingredients grow in fields and fall from the sky?
I can get 4 cans odf tennats super frommy my offie for £4.00 and it gets me ok ... stop moanin
Driller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..