Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2008, 10:45   #1
God Member

Being let down..

....what should I do in this situation?

I made a request some time ago for help with a project. Some people kindly helped so I sent them the relevant info. Whilst most of the people have done what they offered to do, one of them hasn't! Neither have they returned the materials so I can't get anyone else to do it.

This person now won't return my emails or messages, neither do they seem to acknowledge that they've still got the stuff.

I don't want to fall out with people but when you offer to do something and haven't done it two months later you should really accept that it's either never going to be done and hand the stuff back or do it pretty sharpish!

I won't name names! What would you do though?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2008, 10:51   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Being let down..

Phone them, or go round to see them in person, if that's practical.
Old 28-08-2008, 11:43   #3
God Member

Personal visit is best, I have done several things for people on here, and still have a couple to do, as I am a very busy chap they are sometimes forgotten, albeit temporarily, I am my worst enemy in offering help knowing that time will always be an issue, maybe the person was initially too busy, but left it so long that it has become embarrassing.
Old 28-08-2008, 12:09   #4
Resident Waffler

Start by giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I would call round in person, be polite, assume they haven't had time to complete the task or to read emails and contact you. I would explain that didn't matter but could they just return the items so that someone else could do it.

If they then handed the stuff over I would politely thank them and leave. If they refused to hand things over for some reason then I would be decidedly miffed and would consider possible legal means of getting my stuff back.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 12:25   #5
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Being let down..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
....what should I do in this situation?

I made a request some time ago for help with a project. Some people kindly helped so I sent them the relevant info. Whilst most of the people have done what they offered to do, one of them hasn't! Neither have they returned the materials so I can't get anyone else to do it.

This person now won't return my emails or messages, neither do they seem to acknowledge that they've still got the stuff.

I don't want to fall out with people but when you offer to do something and haven't done it two months later you should really accept that it's either never going to be done and hand the stuff back or do it pretty sharpish!

When you have done everything humanly possible to resolve the situation but still have no result then name and shame.
Old 28-08-2008, 13:02   #6
God Member

depending how much the materials are worth

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 13:16   #7
Senior Member+

discretion is the better part of valour

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 13:20   #8
God Member

screw em ,its bad enough they let you down but to not give you teh materials back is digusting behaviour

name and shame if they continue to hold your items , if a shop treat you badly i assume you would post teh shops name so i dont see a problem with it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 15:00   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
screw em ,its bad enough they let you down but to not give you teh materials back is digusting behaviour

name and shame if they continue to hold your items , if a shop treat you badly i assume you would post teh shops name so i dont see a problem with it
i'm with accyman on this, sod discretion,its pig ignorant not to return yer messages, unless they went away n don't realise which i don't know,but someone will.
Old 28-08-2008, 15:14   #10
Resident Waffler

We don't really know why the person hasn't replied. For all we know they could have had family problems or been ill and be in hospital or even dead. I would be inclined not to think the worst of them until I knew the full facts. A friend of mine had arranged to go on holiday abroad this summer.On the day she should have been flying out we were at her funeral. When she made the booking she wasn't even ill. You just never know.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 15:18   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
It's not me is it?
Old 28-08-2008, 16:11   #12
Resting in Peace

Well if this person is holding the project up and you seem to have tried your best to sort this out and they are not playing ball, name and shame, after all they voluntered in the first place, if they weren't going t do the work needed why bother in the first place
Old 28-08-2008, 16:36   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Personal visit is best, I have done several things for people on here, and still have a couple to do, as I am a very busy chap they are sometimes forgotten, albeit temporarily, I am my worst enemy in offering help knowing that time will always be an issue, maybe the person was initially too busy, but left it so long that it has become embarrassing.

Still waiting lol

I would try contacting them again and even pay them a visit if that doesnt work, there may be a genuine reason for it not being done / lack of contact etc
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 16:36   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's not me is it?
No, if it was you you'd know about it!!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 18:36   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Still waiting lol

I would try contacting them again and even pay them a visit if that doesnt work, there may be a genuine reason for it not being done / lack of contact etc
Hehe, pm sent, lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..