Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 21:58   #1
God Member

benefit cheats a new perspective

heres a new angle on benefit cheats it would be funny if it wasnt so serious
Attached Images
File Type: jpg benefit+thieves+001+copy.jpg (42.7 KB, 60 views)
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-06-2009, 22:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: benefit cheats a new perspective

*lmao*
Old 04-06-2009, 22:44   #3

I think we've mentioned this elsewhere but has anybody else noticed that MPs never ever mention "Benefit Cheats" since the expenses scandal
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 22:53   #4
God Member

funny lol
Old 05-06-2009, 09:22   #5
Resting in Peace

Think that says it all really
Old 05-06-2009, 10:28   #6
God Member

Benefit cheats can be fined, or imprisoned, it infuriates me that mp's are not only brought to book, but often get put in another highly paid position, or retired on a fortune of a pension!
Old 05-06-2009, 14:13   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Benefit cheats can be fined, or imprisoned, it infuriates me that mp's are not only brought to book, but often get put in another highly paid position, or retired on a fortune of a pension!
It also infuriates me that the people that employ 'benefit cheats' never seem to be prosecuted, the person tempted to work for very little money to keep his/her family together get the full force of the law, the person employing them, moves on and offers the same deal to someone else, still evading taxes!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 15:07   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
heres a new angle on benefit cheats it would be funny if it wasnt so serious
Lol! How true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It also infuriates me that the people that employ 'benefit cheats' never seem to be prosecuted, the person tempted to work for very little money to keep his/her family together get the full force of the law, the person employing them, moves on and offers the same deal to someone else, still evading taxes!

I remember this conversation, and it really is bad that they don't get prosecuted too!
Old 05-06-2009, 15:09   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass28 View Post
I remember this conversation, and it really is bad that they don't get prosecuted too!

Those that claimed for mortgage payments that had been paid off and other such things should be prosecuted.

Those "within the rules" should not IMHO
Old 05-06-2009, 15:14   #10
God Member

ho wabout throwing teh bloody lot of them in prison and starting with a fresh lot with new rules

allow no expenses at all , if they really do teh job for teh love of tehir country then money wont matter to them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 16:06   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Those that claimed for mortgage payments that had been paid off and other such things should be prosecuted.

Just reading on Ceefax Neil that MPs are unlikely to face criminal charges according to the MET, Think I'll rob a bank tomorrow but I'll do it within the rules
Old 05-06-2009, 16:33   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just reading on Ceefax Neil that MPs are unlikely to face criminal charges according to the MET, Think I'll rob a bank tomorrow but I'll do it within the rules
bad idea

the banks dont have any money

its all tied up in MP'S houses and off shore bank accounts

that duck island one mp claimed for in his garden is probably listed as an off shore independant state and has a banking structure for MP's to evade tax on lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 22:44   #13
God Member

www.private-eye.co.uk

In the online version of Private Eye:

Last edited by Mick; 07-06-2009 at 05:09.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:05   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Private Eye is brilliant, My mate gets it and passes them onto me afterwards, if anybody likes a good and irreverent laugh at the establishment I can recommend it, nobody is sacred
Old 06-06-2009, 11:26   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Sorry Neil, this was in reference to Less's comment on the people employing benefit cheats. They should be prosecuted too, not just the person on benefits

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..