Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2014, 15:45   #226
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I bet there's a few folk that have noticed your a grumpy old man
Instead of "the grand wizard" we should call you Spiderman,not that you've any special powers,because you struggle getting out the bathtub
Oh yes, I am a grumpy old man, no problem admitting it.

As for spiderman, very imaginative, in fact just crossed the boundary into bizarre, well done.

As for watching me struggle to get out the bath...

... that IS creepy!

By the way, the only people that ever take "the grand wizard" thing seriously are those with a limited imagination, it brings out their real attitude to others.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2014, 16:09   #227
Senior Member+

From what I hear Len,struggling getting 'out' of the bath isn't your problem.

image.jpg

Maybe we should go to a pub and have a drink or 3 (maybe a herbal ciggy too).
You never know we might get on then

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 17:08   #228

Quote:
From what I hear Len,struggling getting 'out' of the bath isn't your problem.

Attachment 38845

Maybe we should go to a pub and have a drink or 3 (maybe a herbal ciggy too).
You never know we might get on then
Why are you now picking on Len? Do I no longer suit your needs?

I would be delighted to meet you for a few drinks, unfortunately I'll be struggling to get out of the bath that day.

No doubt though, because you believe what you 'hear', rather than what is true, your mental image is probably similar to this:-

Shame on you.
Old 17-03-2014, 21:24   #229
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why are you now picking on Len? Do I no longer suit your needs?

I would be delighted to meet you for a few drinks, unfortunately I'll be struggling to get out of the bath that day.

No doubt though, because you believe what you 'hear', rather than what is true, your mental image is probably similar to this:-

Shame on you.
No less,shame on you.I read your assumptions or comments as you call them in the bowling thread ,plus your derogatory "comments" aimed at myself.
Can 'we as a forum' not discuss anything without you resorting to your bitchy bullying remarks?
It doesn't make you sound intelligent or even witty..it does however make you sound like a bullying child in the playground.Don't you think it's time you grew up?

I've no doubt whatsoever ,you could impress and try to discuss subjects (even if they're below you high standard of thread) without the remarks.
It's not unknown for you to even throw in a bit of humour in some of your 'comments' for good measure

If you insist on behaving like a bully and a child that's just had his crayons pinched, dont be surprised if people treat you like such.

I'll leave you to correct the grammar

password--Accyweb
Old 17-03-2014, 22:49   #230

BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
No less,shame on you.I read your assumptions or comments as you call them in the bowling thread ,plus your derogatory "comments" aimed at myself.

Can 'we as a forum' not discuss anything without you resorting to your bitchy bullying remarks?

It doesn't make you sound intelligent or even witty..it does however make you sound like a bullying child in the playground.Don't you think it's time you grew up?

I've no doubt whatsoever ,you could impress and try to discuss subjects (even if they're below you high standard of thread) without the remarks.

It's not unknown for you to even throw in a bit of humour in some of your 'comments' for good measure

If you insist on behaving like a bully and a child that's just had his crayons pinched, dont be surprised if people treat you like such.

I'll leave you to correct the grammar

Up to present I don't rate you as part of the site, so I don't really care what you think of me or my attitude towards you.
You attempt controversy with your half baked and inaccurate threads, you complain and berate the members when those that answer you with their honest replies aren't in agreement with you.
You agree with stitching a human into a pig skin and yet cry out when pigs are being used to save other humans.
These and many other examples of the way your mind works are why I don't and probably never will rate you as one of life's thinkers.
So stop trying to be anything that you can't be and stick to being a creep you have a natural talent for it.
Old 17-03-2014, 23:22   #231

What the hell happened to the Benefits part of this thread, and shouldn't a mod or other stopped the ridiculous bickering by now. Just saying is all.
Turtle likes this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 00:59   #232
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
What the hell happened to the Benefits part of this thread, and shouldn't a mod or other stopped the ridiculous bickering by now. Just saying is all.
Probably yes
Turtle likes this.
Old 18-03-2014, 08:37   #233
I am Banned

Been a lot of cutting and pasting for greater or Less'er effect.
Here's one to get it back on track for a while maybe?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Benefits.jpg (95.9 KB, 23 views)
maxthecollie likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 10:01   #234
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Been a lot of cutting and pasting for greater or Less'er effect.
Here's one to get it back on track for a while maybe?
The real benefit scroungers.
That pic does paint a thousand words,Sadly most of them are banned on Accyweb
What it failed to say is those that are missing from the top pic still claimed for being there

Until we start stringing these scroungers up by their dangly bits,they'll never stop. There is no shame or remorse from these arses only disappointment when they caught fiddling (and not just expenses).
This (greedy) scum would bill us for the air we breath if they thought they could get way with it (carbon tax Hmmmm).

They're taking us for a ride.....All aboard the gravy train choo choo

image.jpg

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Mick; 18-03-2014 at 13:04.
Old 18-03-2014, 10:40   #235
Beacon of light

The observations about those we elected to look after GB are not new......you can see them repeated in thread after thread....but it is like worrying or rocking in a rocking chair....it doesn't matter how hard or how long you do it, it gets you nowhere.
Talking about the deficiencies of the political system is the same......it is all hot air and fixes nothing. All the political parties are the same. Not in it to make life better for us, the electorate. Only in it to make their own lives better. To feather their own nests, make lucrative contacts that will sustain them once they are out of office.

Every time they come round looking for our cross in their box...they tell us what they think we want to hear.
We vote for them...they reel us in.

I can see that. I have been able to see it for a long time. My vote is lost to all the parties. It isn't apathy that makes me go to the polling station and spoil my ballot paper, but a general disillusionment that my vote means nothing to any of the parties.

How can we be considered to have a democracy when the politicians disregard the views of the electorate?

Democracy is a MYTH...but is is still fooling many people.

Now, as I said before many posts back...this has been done to death and my participation in this discussion is over.
Less and Gremlin like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-03-2014 at 10:45.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 12:00   #236
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The observations about those we elected to look after GB are not new......you can see them repeated in thread after thread....but it is like worrying or rocking in a rocking chair....it doesn't matter how hard or how long you do it, it gets you nowhere.
Talking about the deficiencies of the political system is the same......it is all hot air and fixes nothing. All the political parties are the same. Not in it to make life better for us, the electorate. Only in it to make their own lives better. To feather their own nests, make lucrative contacts that will sustain them once they are out of office.

Every time they come round looking for our cross in their box...they tell us what they think we want to hear.

I can see that. I have been able to see it for a long time. My vote is lost to all the parties. It isn't apathy that makes me go to the polling station and spoil my ballot paper, but a general disillusionment that my vote means nothing to any of the parties.

How can we be considered to have a democracy when the politicians disregard the views of the electorate?

Now, as I said before many posts back...this has been done to death and my participation in this discussion is over.
Quote:

Are you going to copy an paste this comment at the beginning of every political thread in the future Margaret?
Not that it's your responsibility, but how do you suggest we stop them?
These policies are literally killing people and destroying lives.

I was trying to get this (benefits) thread back on track after mine and less's playground antics,I may of failed,but there's No need to dismiss the thread,although if that's your wish I respect it.

Now,There has been a huge increase in problems with housing benefits due (mainly) to sanctions, but also other changes in benefits.
If you are sanctioned your local benefit office will be told you are no longer on those benefits, they are not told why. If you are on housing benefit you will need to contact your local council and reclaim (which can take weeks).

Councils are cutting off housing benefit payments to tenants who are 'entitled' to receive them as an 'unintended consequence' of sanctions applied to other benefits.
Jobseeker’s allowance and employment support allowance claimants can have sanctions applied to their claims if they miss appointments or fail to do enough to find work. But many are also having their housing benefit cut, because they are unaware that they need to tell councils their financial circumstances have changed. Local authorities are stopping claims as a result.

Food banks etc warn they are dealing with a rising number of housing benefit problems as the number of JSA and ESA sanctions soar - because many recipients don’t realise the reductions could affect their claim.

The number of sanctions against benefit claimants deemed not to be doing enough to find work increased dramatically (860,000+ I think ) in the year to June 2013, the highest for any 12-month period since statistics began to be recorded in their present form.Housing associations have also reported evidence of tenants falling into rent arrears as a consequence of housing benefit being cut off the back of another sanction.
Folk are not being advised that their housing benefit will be affected and that they may need to re-apply for it. Often they only realise there’s a problem when they are in arrears or facing eviction.....sadly,by that time it's too late

password--Accyweb
Old 18-03-2014, 12:23   #237
Beacon of light

I said my participation was over...but just his once...and this is definitely my last post to this thread.....so please don't ask me anything else...because I won't be answering.

NO...I'm not going to cut and paste this to every political thread...what do you take me for?

How in tarnation would I know how to stop them... a revolution looks favourite right now...except no, it will never happen. The young folk have their ears welded to moblie phones.

If you were a mature person you need not have mentioned anything at all about the rancour which crept into this thread - it gave nothing to the discussion and was like much media hype. It took our minds off the real subject.
And the phrase is may have - not may of. (just one of my petty dislikes).

The problems you outline regarding sanctions and loss of benefits are because no-one takes any responsibility for themselves....and Lindsay has already explained quite clearly that the DWP and councils work closely together to ensure that if benefits are stopped then it affects all benefits. These departments talk to one another.

I am sure that if I were on benefits I would ensure that I was fully informed about what things would affect my entitlement and what to do about it should they arise.
I am also very sure that I would attend appointments and do what was required to make sure that sanctions were not applied.

As for food banks, if they are there then they will be used and some are aware that they are being abused too.

I know that people can fall on hard times...and I am not against help being given, but it has to be the right kind of help.
I have experienced hard times in my life....but we really need to foster self reliance and some sort of responsibility...sadly both of these things are sadly lacking in many of these who have sanctions applied against them.
We have for too long fostered a dependency culture....it is unrealistic and unhelpful

Now, that is it from me. I feel I have made my views very clear.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 12:50   #238
I am Banned

Quote:
My vote is lost to all the parties. It isn't apathy that makes me go to the polling station and spoil my ballot paper, but a general disillusionment that my vote means nothing to any of the parties.

I remain to be convinced that spoiling ones ballot paper is anything other than a waste of time for all concerned.
A letter and pressure on the elected after the election whosoever that may be, has to be better all round.
People made sacrifices to get the vote for women in particular and it's a crying shame people abuse it. I would make voting mandatory with a fine for them that don't get off their arses to use it.

Last edited by Mick; 18-03-2014 at 13:11.
Old 18-03-2014, 13:06   #239
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=DtheP47;1098329]
Quote:

People made sacrifices to get the vote for women in particular and it's a crying shame people abuse it. I would make voting mandatory with a fine for them that don't get off their arses to use it.
Have to disagree "D" The Abuse is far more by those elected to represent!! I always voted, until i realised its no longer a democracy, So on that basis by yer logic i would now be getting fined regular. I refuse to get off me arse fer summat that no longer exists.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 18-03-2014, 13:17   #240
I am Banned

Need a mods edit there Ol my comments attributed to Mrs P.
That said I'd fine you big style

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..