Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2015, 07:45   #346
Senior Member+

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Wouldn't disagree, however does that make Accyexplorer right because he dodged taxes forcing the deficit required onto the vulnerable?

Is Accyexplorer right to ignore his responsibility at the ballot thus allowing couldn't care less folk to be governed by couldn't care less politicians?

We all need to get off our arses and vote, the difference it would make is almost negligible, as Margaret always says, 'if voting made a difference they wouldn't let us do it'.

But if and it's a big if, 60% voted, those in power just might think twice before introducing draconian measures, it could just put their jobs on the line.
I wouldn't worry too much about my avoidence in my early years,it's the evasion you need to worry about.

Red Ed the tax avoider: Property merry-go-rounds and how the Milibands changed a will, cutting their inheritance tax liability* | Daily Mail Online

Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2015, 08:08   #347
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about my avoidence in my early years,it's the evasion you need to worry about.
evasion = an act or instance of escaping, avoiding, or shirking something:
evasion of one's duty.

Evasion | Define Evasion at Dictionary.com

You are just as guilty as any other thief, even if it is for a lesser amount, so perhaps you shouldn't use such terms as 'blood on their hands' until you find a way of cleaning it off your own?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 08:12   #348
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats the problem,some dont see it as theft when its only small scale, Sorry but Theft is Theft. not rocket science.
Old 13-02-2015, 08:24   #349
Senior Member+

Quote:
evasion = an act or instance of escaping, avoiding, or shirking something:
evasion of one's duty.

Evasion | Define Evasion at Dictionary.com

You are just as guilty as any other thief, even if it is for a lesser amount, so perhaps you shouldn't use such terms as 'blood on their hands' until you find a way of cleaning it off your own?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats the problem,some dont see it as theft when its only small scale, Sorry but Theft is Theft. not rocket science.
I won't try and defend my (legal) ways...as hypocritical as i may be,it's my way of sticking the middle finger up at those in power.

Lesson of the Week - Tax Avoidance vs. Tax Evasion

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 13-02-2015, 08:36   #350
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sod all wrong wi sticking yer middle finger up at those in power, Yeh just leave yerself wide open by saying yeh done it yerself, not the brightest move in my view.
Less likes this.
Old 13-02-2015, 08:52   #351

Quote:
I won't try and defend my (legal) ways...as hypocritical as i may be,it's my way of sticking the middle finger up at those in power.

Lesson of the Week - Tax Avoidance vs. Tax Evasion
However, that middle finger is still dripping with blood, your avoidance is part of the reason uncaring Governments pick on the vulnerable, making them responsible to pay the shortfall caused by your selfishness.

So you shouldn't sit up there in your Ivory Tower pontificating about a Council that has to obey the laws that come out of Westminster, laws that might never have come about had you paid your dues and also gone to the polling booth to vote in a caring politician.

O.K. I admit to a glaring error in the above paragraph:-

'Caring' & 'Politician' should never be seen next to each other in anything but a humorous phrase.
Old 13-02-2015, 08:59   #352
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sod all wrong wi sticking yer middle finger up at those in power, Yeh just leave yerself wide open by saying yeh done it yerself, not the brightest move in my view.
Quote:
However, that middle finger is still dripping with blood, your avoidance is part of the reason uncaring Governments pick on the vulnerable, making them responsible to pay the shortfall caused by your selfishness.

So you shouldn't sit up there in your Ivory Tower pontificating about a Council that has to obey the laws that come out of Westminster, laws that might never have come about had you paid your dues and also gone to the polling booth to vote in a caring politician.

O.K. I admit to a glaring error in the above paragraph:-

'Caring' & 'Politician' should never be seen next to each other in anything but a humorous phrase.
Fair dinkum, i'll deal with a prison sentence and wealth confiscation proportional to the amount evaded if they do.
Pointless whinging really,nothing will change until there is a dramatic change in how the economy is organised and that (historically) requires revolution (or war)...will it happen here in the uk? Hmmm as i say.

password--Accyweb
Old 13-02-2015, 09:06   #353

Quote:
Hmmm.
Perhaps if you restricted your ill-informed posts to the above, you might just come across as one of the sites more interesting members?
Old 13-02-2015, 09:10   #354
Senior Member+

Quote:
Perhaps if you restricted your ill-informed posts to the above, you might just come across as one of the sites more interesting members?
Hmmmm

password--Accyweb
Old 13-02-2015, 14:50   #355
Senior Member+

"The unemployed should be forced to take a job after no more than two years on the dole to end stop them spending a 'lifetime on benefits', Labour will say today."

We should stop the dole after two years to force jobless to take work, says Labour's Rachel Reeves | Daily Mail Online

password--Accyweb
Old 13-02-2015, 15:04   #356

Quote:
"The unemployed should be forced to take a job after no more than two years on the dole to end stop them spending a 'lifetime on benefits', Labour will say today."

We should stop the dole after two years to force jobless to take work, says Labour's Rachel Reeves | Daily Mail Online
See what your little bit of tax evasion has resulted in?

However can you make amends?
Old 13-02-2015, 15:12   #357
Senior Member+

Quote:
See what your little bit of tax evasion has resulted in?

However can you make amends?
Yes,your right,it's all my fault.

I'm sure if the working classes that avoided tax actually paid their dues those at the top would be less incline to bend everyone over a barrel.

password--Accyweb
Old 13-02-2015, 16:06   #358
Senior Member+

Quote:
Now you can see why you have to vote Tory- Labour, the new nasty party!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 16:08   #359
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Now you can see why you have to vote Tory- Labour, the new nasty party!
Not in this lifetime

password--Accyweb
Old 13-02-2015, 16:31   #360

Quote:
Yes,your right,it's all my fault.
No, not all, just partly. Just as it's partly my fault for not caring that you avoided paying tax in the past.

Quote:
I'm sure if the working classes that avoided tax actually paid their dues those at the top would be less incline to bend everyone over a barrel.
I think you'll find that the working classes are the least likely to be avoiding tax. The "ones at the top" have everyone over a barrel because most people don't have the funds to weasel out of a tax bill, either using an accountant to avoid it legally or a lawyer if they are caught doing it illegally.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..