Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2015, 13:22   #391
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Bankers are not in the business to be philanthropic, they are in the business of making a profit.......I have already said my piece on people who use perfectly legal tax avoidance schemes....and that stands...they do it because they can!
They do it because successive governments have turned a blind eye to the big guys and the deals done by HMRC.
Any government over the past five decades could have closed the loopholes....but none of them have done so.

I agree that if all huge corporations paid their just dues to society then we could have a better health service, better infrastructure(roads, public amenities) and benefits that allowed people who need them to live a life, instead of just having an existence.
Maybe when the politicians standing for office in the next election come around doorstepping for votes we could bring up these questions and see what their response is.
(I will have a spare pair of knickers handy in case I wet myself with the hilarity of their answers)
Accyexplorer likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2015, 05:18   #392
Senior Member+

Another one from the daily fail:-
Benefits single mother Kay Bird admits to spending £3,000 on round-the-world trip | Daily Mail Online

Most of us have to work darn hard just to be able to afford to put food on the table and pay the bills (and maybe a day out in southport),yet here we have a women squandering her benefits on holidays.

What I don't get, is there's thousands of folk who NEED support, but aren't getting it.Yet this lady gets more than £9K a year, tax-free, and doesn't even need it

Personally,I can't see how £3k would get you a around the world trip unless you planned on hitchhiking and being a stowaway on the odd ship.

Who is in the wrong though the women for claiming money she (openly) admits she doesn't need or the system for paying her the money?
Imo,she doesn't deserve a penny but its the system thats at fault.

I'm trying not be too hard on this lady as she has showed some sort of decency by being open and honest about her claim.She dosent need the money but the system says that she's entitled to it......

.....so why not take it and use it for what she likes?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 23-02-2015 at 05:24.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 08:04   #393
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quite simply cos Child Benefit is supposed to be for the child, not silly cows. She claims its cos shes entitled to benefits, bullshine, its cos mummy @ step daddy pay her bills, no other reason, if she had to exist like most then this could never happen.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:35   #394
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Father killed himself after his benefits were cut and he was threatened with eviction - Mirror Online

password--Accyweb
Old 09-03-2015, 10:21   #395
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Nothing to do with him suffering from depression for 11 years then
Old 09-03-2015, 12:18   #396
Beacon of light

Neil, of course it has...but that would not be anywhere near as sensationalist as being able to blame government policy.
no-one seems to want to take any responsibility for their action, their choices in life...they want to rely on others and then at least they have someone they can blame.
Old 09-03-2015, 17:28   #397
Senior Member+

Should Labour form the next government can we expect that all the "wrong decisions" imposed by the Tories be changed?
Will they repeal the "bedroom tax", or shelve the Universal Credit, or restore the cuts to the NHS, Defence, Welfare and the other measures taken to overcome the debts that Blair/Brown (not forgetting the parts played by Balls/Milliband et al), saddled the country with?
Perhaps our "honourable" member, or one of his acolytes, will grace us with a response to these questions.
Old 09-03-2015, 20:53   #398
God Member

governments rarely change what the spend years slagging off the opposition for and in the rare occassion they do they give the money back with one hand and take it from somewhere else with the other

one thing that will never change is that they themselves will be fine unless caught in the act or up until the expenses scandal would have been the end of it but they decided that they didnt have to face prosecution for their criminal activity

what they usually do is keep the oppositions policies in place and when people complain they say we didnt do it they did

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 22:45   #399
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
governments rarely change what the spend years slagging off the opposition for and in the rare occassion they do they give the money back with one hand and take it from somewhere else with the other

one thing that will never change is that they themselves will be fine unless caught in the act or up until the expenses scandal would have been the end of it but they decided that they didnt have to face prosecution for their criminal activity

what they usually do is keep the oppositions policies in place and when people complain they say we didnt do it they did
You mean the classic, "I'm resigning my post to spend more time with my family", ploy? The only way we get money back is when they really need to bury a scandal.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 00:53   #400
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You mean the classic, "I'm resigning my post to spend more time with my family", ploy? The only way we get money back is when they really need to bury a scandal.

i believe them and the rent boy chained to a radiator in their hotel room clutching an empty bag of cocaine paid for by us is just coincidence

im not saying MPs are known to be crooked but i heard that despite been dead the MP found dead with an orange stuffed in his gob managed to claim for that orange 3 days later on his expenses

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 19:10   #401
Senior Member+

Benefit cuts (sanctions) are driving folk to suicide

MPs report: Benefits cuts driving poverty-stricken people to suicide - Mirror Online

password--Accyweb
Old 12-05-2015, 17:23   #402
Senior Member+

Scum,vermin,Drug dealers, criminals, work shy (deleted)......That's right the new season of benefit street has started.
Do these folk really find any excuse to avoid having to work or are they just being portrayed that way?

I'm not sure how many of you watched it but one guy in particular fitted the above description to a T.

password--Accyweb
Old 12-05-2015, 17:29   #403
Beacon of light

This is toxic TV.
It is not entertainment.
It is like taking a trip to Bedlam to watch the inmates.
I won't be watching it...It is cheap TV which hopes to set people against each other.
The producers look for the biggest wastrels and the stereotypical 'scrounged' for effect.
Old 12-05-2015, 17:34   #404
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

You don't have to watch it, just as you can choose not to mix with such folk.
Surely though it's a reflection of our society that education hasn't reached these people? Who would choose to live like this?
Accyexplorer likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 17:59   #405
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This is toxic TV.
It is not entertainment.
It is like taking a trip to Bedlam to watch the inmates.
I won't be watching it...It is cheap TV which hopes to set people against each other.
The producers look for the biggest wastrels and the stereotypical 'scrounged' for effect.
I'm not one to fall for the divide and conquer propaganda either M,but as Less pointed out it has to be a reflection of our society that these sort of folk exist....

.....Looks like the police have been looking at the tool I mentioned earlier:-

Benefits Street: Police to examine drugs scenes as controversial show returns for second series - Mirror Online

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 12-05-2015 at 18:04.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..