Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2015, 11:46   #451
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
The NHS is like any organisation - you have a bunch of people at the top telling the ones on the front line to work harder/faster/cheaper.

I've said before, the easy solution for the NHS is to wipe out 80% of the administrative layer and put much of the control back in the hands of the people giving the care. With all the savings from axed executive salaries, you can afford to allow wards to operate with more than the minimum safe staffing levels, and operate with sufficient slack that if there is a sudden need for extra care, there's the capacity on hand to deal with it.

If you bring in managers from business to run the NHS, you bring in a "just in time" mindset where any underutilised capacity is a bad thing. The NHS isn't there to make a profit, it's there to either cure people or to make the final hours or days of those who are at the end of their life as comfortable and dignified as possible. That can't be done with a spreadsheet.
At a hospital like Blackburn how many actual jobs do you think you could wipe out in administration without causing problems to the running of the hospital? It's ok saying such things but you probably have no idea how many administrators and managers there actually are that you want to sack because you assume they are not contributing anything.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:31   #452
Beacon of light

I don't know how many there are right now.....but there were too many in my day Neil.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 15:01   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
At a hospital like Blackburn how many actual jobs do you think you could wipe out in administration without causing problems to the running of the hospital? It's ok saying such things but you probably have no idea how many administrators and managers there actually are that you want to sack because you assume they are not contributing anything.
Like I said - 80%

You probably have no idea how much documentation nurses have to do to fulfil administrative requirements, rather than spend time actually caring for your sick or dying loved one. (If you're interested in the figure, it's 80% - and only a small fraction of that is documentation of administered drugs, fluid balance charts, observations etc. The rest is designed to cover the trust in case they get sued. It's more "important" for a nurse to tick a box to indicate that they have performed a task than it is to actually perform the task.)

I'm married to a nurse, and I'm close friends with three others. The only way I could be better qualified to comment on the state of the NHS is if I actually worked there.

One of the nurses I know has recently had to go through the process of proving her identity to the admin team. She's worked in the same trust for 30 years!

If this were Golgafrincham, these are the people who would have been on the "B" Ark.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 17:00   #454
Beacon of light

I love your analogy.....and yes they would be on the B ark.....most definitely.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 19:34   #455
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The money is limited no question, also beyond doubt its run by knobheads.
the simple solution would be to make the scottish , welsh and irish pay for their medicine just like good old England does

i find it sickening that cuts to our NHS are been made in england while every other country in the UK gets free prescriptions even if they are millionairs.

its about time the rest of the UK started pulling its weight and started putting their hand in their pockets to pay for prescriptions just like many people in England have to

maybe we wouldnt have postecode lottery's for life saving drugs if teh rest of the UK paid their way instead of leeching off England a country they seem to dislike and want to have Independence from

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..