Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2014, 08:33   #61
Senior Member+

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Tax dodging and benefit grabbing: the scale of the problems
taxesbenefitsgraph2.jpg

Tax dodging and benefit grabbing: the scale of the problems | Full Fact

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2014, 08:54   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Attachment 37817

Did you read that? It tells you the picture is nonsense
Less and Studio25 like this.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:30   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Did you read that? It tells you the picture is nonsense
Yes,I didn't say the figures were 100% solid.
Like most figures released the have a smell of manure.
Has anyone any links to figures relating to the fraud Vs unclaimed benefits that are not nonsense??

password--Accyweb
Old 10-02-2014, 09:43   #64
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Yes,I didn't say the figures were 100% solid.
Like most figures released the have a smell of manure.
Has anyone any links to figures relating to the fraud Vs unclaimed benefits that are not nonsense??
You are of course correct, you didn't say the figures were solid in fact you did a classic C'mon copy and paste without checking the contents or making any real comment.

Quote:
Attachment 37817

I suspect you are trying too hard, you came on site talking about what you know something about, wandering through abandoned buildings.
People showed an interest so now you are trying to impress with your threads, it doesn't seem to be working.
May I suggest you go back to what you know and slowly get used to the site?
That way you will be in a position to expand your thoughts in a worthwhile manner.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:59   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You are of course correct, you didn't say the figures were solid in fact you did a classic C'mon copy and paste without checking the contents or making any real comment.

I suspect you are trying too hard, you came on site talking about what you know something about, wandering through abandoned buildings.
People showed an interest so now you are trying to impress with your threads, it doesn't seem to be working.
May I suggest you go back to what you know and slowly get used to the site?
That way you will be in a position to expand your thoughts in a worthwhile manner.
I actually got pulled up by another member about starting threads an not putting my own thoughts across too,(maybe wrongly) I like to study others thoughts before I cherp up.Sometimes I just like a comment because they're saying similar to what I think.
I maybe trying too hard but it certainly isn't to impress.
May I suggest that if the grand wizard doesn't like my threads rather than ripping bits out of them he takes the option of going on a different one

password--Accyweb
Old 10-02-2014, 10:01   #66
Beacon of light

Less, I was going to say much the same thing about the cut and paste stuff -great minds and all that.

I think Accyexplorer is still finding his feet on the forum...he has not been here long.
Now, I would rather have a hundred of Accyexplorer (trying too hard or not) than the recent new memebers we have had ...bible bashers, tub thumpers,misanthropes(sorry another long word) and those who join because they seem to like the site, but then go about telling us what a shower of fisons we all are and how the site could be better if we did things their way( go and start up your own site if you feel like that).

New members sometimes take a little time to get used to us...and we might take a while to get used to them...but when they start out like Accyexplorer has done...and contribute to more than one thread, have more than one interest, they are usually set on the right road.

Accyexplorer provoked a discussion, it may be one that we have had before, but this was in a response to a TV portrayal of a thorny subject.
Less, mobertol and Accyexplorer like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:13   #67

Quote:
I actually got pulled up by another member about starting threads an not putting my own thoughts across too,(maybe wrongly)
No they aren't wrong, if we all just copy and paste then AccyWeb becomes nothing but an extension of google.

The site needs peoples own comments not what the WWW says.

Quote:
I like to study others thoughts before I cherp up.Sometimes I just like a comment because they're saying similar to what I think.
Rather than study perhaps you would improve if you think?

Quote:
I maybe trying too hard but it certainly isn't to impress.
Good, because it isn't working.

Quote:
May I suggest that if the grand wizard doesn't like my threads rather than ripping bits out of them he takes the option of going on a different one
Suggest away, but I'll continue to do what I do, not because I want you to stop posting, but because I want your posts to improve.

By the way my user name on here is Less not the Grand Wizard, bear that in mind for the future please.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:16   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, I was going to say much the same thing about the cut and paste stuff -great minds and all that.

I think Accyexplorer is still finding his feet on the forum...he has not been here long.
Now, I would rather have a hundred of Accyexplorer (trying too hard or not) than the recent new memebers we have had ...bible bashers, tub thumpers,misanthropes(sorry another long word) and those who join because they seem to like the site, but then go about telling us what a shower of fisons we all are and how the site could be better if we did things their way( go and start up your own site if you feel like that).

New members sometimes take a little time to get used to us...and we might take a while to get used to them...but when they start out like Accyexplorer has done...and contribute to more than one thread, have more than one interest, they are usually set on the right road.

Accyexplorer provoked a discussion, it may be one that we have had before, but this was in a response to a TV portrayal of a thorny subject.
I wholeheartedly agree with you Margaret, I just think he/she can improve by using a little bit of forethought.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:16   #69
God Member

if you owe the tax man Ł100 they will threaten you with court action

if you owe the tax man Ł100 million they will take you to lunch and beg you to pay as much as you feel like paying

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:30   #70
Beacon of light

Accyman that is what is wrong with this country...the small flies(you and me) are caught, but the big flies break through and escape.
I would think far more of the party which steps in and closes the loopholes that multi nationals make use of.
If they paid what they truly owed, then there would be enough money in the pot to deliver on health and welfare...and probably a bit left over.
But, you cannot blame the big companies....they are allowed to do it legally...and it is no good preaching what is morally right to these big companies...morals will always be trumped by the mighty dollar(or quid in our case).
You only have to look at the expenses scandal to see that this is true( this still gets my dander up!).
Old 10-02-2014, 10:32   #71
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you Margaret, I just think he/she can improve by using a little bit of forethought.
Less, just give him time. We have all made mistakes at some time.....it is what we learn that is important.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:09   #72
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Accyman that is what is wrong with this country...the small flies(you and me) are caught, but the big flies break through and escape.
I would think far more of the party which steps in and closes the loopholes that multi nationals make use of.
If they paid what they truly owed, then there would be enough money in the pot to deliver on health and welfare...and probably a bit left over.
But, you cannot blame the big companies....they are allowed to do it legally...and it is no good preaching what is morally right to these big companies...morals will always be trumped by the mighty dollar(or quid in our case).
You only have to look at the expenses scandal to see that this is true( this still gets my dander up!).
As the accountant of a business your job to to make as much money as possible for your company and pay as little tax as you legally can. You can't blame them for having good business sense. I agree it's wrong they don't pay the amount of tax we expect. If loopholes are closed and they are forced to pay more tax they will only pass that cost onto the customer which is you and me so maybe we shouldn't shout to loud.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:19   #73
God Member

problem is neil its companies like vodaphone that arnt even paying what they are legally required to after they have taken advantage of loopholes

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:37   #74
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If loopholes are closed and they are forced to pay more tax they will only pass that cost onto the customer which is you and me so maybe we shouldn't shout to loud.
I'm not sure that that is entirely true. Most companies make a healthy profit anyway..it is just corporate greed.

The reasoning behind not closing the loopholes is the fear that these companies would relocate to somewhere that they could pay less tax...but I am sure that I read somewhere( I read a lot of stuff in online newspapers) that France is taking action against Google and slapping a I million Euro tax bill on them...so if they can do it why can't we?
Old 10-02-2014, 12:38   #75
Beacon of light

Yes..I do know that the answer is that tax avoidance is legal...but it should not be.
If I am taxed on the very small amount of interest my savings account accrues, then those who make shed loads of money should be paying their whack too.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..