Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2014, 18:51   #121
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

BENEFITS hmmmm

Thanks to C'mon and yourself the site is suffering from copy & paste syndrome.
We've managed over 10 years with actual input from members, we won't make another 2 years if everyone posts in this manner, we can all google for ourselves, we don't need you to do it for us.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2014, 19:54   #122
Senior Member+

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Thanks to C'mon and yourself the site is suffering from copy & paste syndrome.
We've managed over 10 years with actual input from members, we won't make another 2 years if everyone posts in this manner, we can all google for ourselves, we don't need you to do it for us.
"The site" was a little quite less,I fully comprehend folk can google for themselves, I thought I'd add some links to contribute to the thread in a hope to provoke a less negative reply.
Suppose I better get back to my buildings

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 20:04   #123

BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
"The site" was a little quite less,I fully comprehend folk can google for themselves, I thought I'd add some links to contribute to the thread in a hope to provoke a less negative reply.

Suppose I better get back to my buildings

The site will get quieter still if you only post links, the idea is to express your opinion, not just copy and paste a link to someone else's.
You want a less negative reply? How could anyone give anything but negative replies to the links you put on.

Yes, do please get back to your buildings, that at least was your own work and not just taken from someone else.
Old 24-02-2014, 20:25   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The site will get quieter still if you only post links, the idea is to express your opinion, not just copy and paste a link to someone else's.
You want a less negative reply? How could anyone give anything but negative replies to the links you put on.

Yes, do please get back to your buildings, that at least was your own work and not just taken from someone else.
Ok,I understand,I must say though,I do usually put my opinion on however late and of low quality it may be (in your opinion)

Enjoy yourself

password--Accyweb
Old 24-02-2014, 20:29   #125
I am Banned

This site is a lot quieter because a lot who used to post on here have joined with Gary Martin's group on Face Book, one or two who used to be sarcastic bully's on here, started abusing members on Face Book, they were immediately banned. There are now over 500 members on Gary's group.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 22:07   #126
Beacon of light

Well, that's ok if you are a fan of facebook.....I'm not. So I'm stopping here!
Studio25 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 23:34   #127
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Facebook has it's pro's and con's like everything else. It's good because it's easy to reach a lot of people in a short time but it is very poor at being a forum. The bigger groups get the more it's failings show. I am a member of a group with 3500+ members. There are that many posts in one place you can't follow whats going on. Facebook has no good way of searching for posts on a group
Old 25-02-2014, 01:37   #128
Senior Member+

The Queen and Prince Charles cash in on tens of thousands of pounds' worth of benefits every year - Mirror Online

Do they really need the money? No.
Is she a "Welfare Queen"? yes
Would tourists still visit the tower of London, and other British landmarks, even if the royal family wasn't tax supported? yes,I think so....hmmmm.
She should certainly get sanctioned
I still think its the Politicians though that are the biggest benefits scroungers with their lies and cheating,anything to line their own pockets.
Government declares war on Benefits Street's scroungers

Kettle and pot?

password--Accyweb
Old 25-02-2014, 02:07   #129
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

What a couple of stupid typical sensationalistic newspaper rubbish non stories. They rent out houses they own, is it their fault if the people who rent their houses have to claim benefits to pay the rent?
Should all businesses who rent out houses give them for free to people who claim housing benefit?

Who is that union general secretary who said why can't they give the houses to a housing association? Does he think housing associations don't charge rent?

I wonder how much money he earns? I just googled it but could only find his 2009 salary of £110,000 including pension contributions and car.

Last edited by Neil; 25-02-2014 at 02:12.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 08:00   #130
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Facebook has it's pro's and con's like everything else. It's good because it's easy to reach a lot of people in a short time but it is very poor at being a forum. The bigger groups get the more it's failings show. I am a member of a group with 3500+ members. There are that many posts in one place you can't follow whats going on. Facebook has no good way of searching for posts on a group
Yes Neil, it might be good for some things.....but I have yet to be convinced.
It doesn't fulfil any of my requirements.
Like I said........ I'm stopping here!
Old 25-02-2014, 08:11   #131
Beacon of light

Quote:
The Queen and Prince Charles cash in on tens of thousands of pounds' worth of benefits every year - Mirror Online

Do they really need the money? No.
Is she a "Welfare Queen"? yes
Would tourists still visit the tower of London, and other British landmarks, even if the royal family wasn't tax supported? yes,I think so....hmmmm.
She should certainly get sanctioned
I still think its the Politicians though that are the biggest benefits scroungers with their lies and cheating,anything to line their own pockets.
Government declares war on Benefits Street's scroungers

Kettle and pot?
I have to say that I am with Neil on this one.

You may not like the Royal family, but they are one of the main reasons why the tourists come and spend their money here....and I am sure that there have been surveys that support this.
Britain relies heavily on the hospitality and leisure industry for income. This is especially true of the places where the Royals reside.....Sandringham, Windsor,
Balmoral. If you visit any of these places you will find them thronged with tourists at any time of the year. These tourists are spending money......adding to the economy.
There are many other things where a penny pinching attitude would be more worthy.
These stories also smack of the politics of envy....besides being sensationalist nonsense.
Please do not fall into the trap that mires our member from over the border......posting snidely sensationalist headlines without any real balance.
Old 25-02-2014, 08:12   #132
Beacon of light

Oh, and I will apologise for the long words
Old 25-02-2014, 08:41   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh, and I will apologise for the long words
And how are you going to apologise for using such a long word as apologise?

Old 25-02-2014, 08:53   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What a couple of stupid typical sensationalistic newspaper rubbish non stories. They rent out houses they own, is it their fault if the people who rent their houses have to claim benefits to pay the rent?
Should all businesses who rent out houses give them for free to people who claim housing benefit?

Who is that union general secretary who said why can't they give the houses to a housing association? Does he think housing associations don't charge rent?

I wonder how much money he earns? I just googled it but could only find his 2009 salary of £110,000 including pension contributions and car.
Maybe I could of put more effort into my comment but "stupid typical sensationalistic newspaper rubbish" is a bit harsh,rubbish would of done .
The point I'm trying to make is I don't think the royals are worth the millions we (the taxpayer) pump into their 'high flying' lifestyles.

password--Accyweb
Old 25-02-2014, 09:17   #135
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Maybe I could of put more effort into my comment but "stupid typical sensationalistic newspaper rubbish" is a bit harsh,rubbish would of done .
The point I'm trying to make is I don't think the royals are worth the millions we (the taxpayer) pump into their 'high flying' lifestyles.
I was getting at the newspaper not you. You did fall for their rubbish though

Maybe they are not worth the millions we pump in but you need to know their net cost to the Country after including what money they bring in from tourism and other good they do before you can decide what they cost us.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..