Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 12:46   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Best and worst adverts????

All those adverts for finance like Ocean Finance etc , they make my blood curdle.

Has anybody seen that advert for the new Jaguar. Thats mans voice makes me go all funny ! Just watch, i bet hes is about 80 years old, lol. Also love the advert for the Aldi, its comes at you like a black widow.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2006, 12:50   #17
God Member

Better add all loan adverts along with Ocean Finance Jimmi. They are just out to rob people not help them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 13:53   #18
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I used to love the Smash adverts and the old Carling Black Label ones.

The dancing car advert is brilliant and the Sheila's Wheels ads are catchy (although not one of those lasses has their hands on the steering wheel in the driving scene). No wonder they need insurance

Most adverts bug me Cillit Bang bugs me....... The stuff will strip all of the grease and muck from your oven, bath and a penny, but the actors don't use gloves. Any advert for cleaning products makes me shudder. I also hate the adverts for various foods which try to make them sound more scientific by using made up words 'bifidus digestivum' my @rse..... People who actually eat and drink these things are normally bowel obsessed and bring the problems on themselves... Scientific sounding beauty products also get on my pip....... There's nothing short of a face and body transplant going to sort out my fine lines....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 16:56   #19
Accrington Web Mascot

Car Insurance ad's have some of the worst on TV - just hearing "Calm Down, It's only a commercial" makes my blood boil! Also, the ones with the dog named Lucky - they should either control the dog or have it put down!

Can't think of any really goods one at the moment - even when good ones come along they over use them & they turn annoying anyway.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 17:48   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
Car Insurance ad's have some of the worst on TV - just hearing "Calm Down, It's only a commercial" makes my blood boil! Also, the ones with the dog named Lucky - they should either control the dog or have it put down!

Can't think of any really goods one at the moment - even when good ones come along they over use them & they turn annoying anyway.
Well said. Michael Winner/Lucky - aarrrrrggggh!!
Phylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 18:27   #21
white rabbits

the amount of adverts that offer you loans amazes me,they make it apear that they will cure all your problems when all they realy want ,is for you to get in debt so deep that they can take your house off you..i feel that Carol Vorderman ought to know better...
.................................................. .............
Every time i hear the new halifax advert i think of Ray Stevens who sung (The Streak) singing Minnie the Moocher .............we had some good laughs with that years ago...
Old 11-02-2006, 18:34   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
the amount of adverts that offer you loans amazes me,they make it apear that they will cure all your problems when all they realy want ,is for you to get in debt so deep that they can take your house off you..i feel that Carol Vorderman ought to know better...
.................................................. .............
Every time i hear the new halifax advert i think of Ray Stevens who sung (The Streak) singing Minnie the Moocher .............we had some good laughs with that years ago...
Isn't it funny how all the 'loan' adverts pop up just after Christmas?
Phylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 19:11   #23
God Member

The 1st Tango ones were the best for me, remember the one that got banned? "you've been tango'd" when the fat orange guy slapped someones head with both hands, kids were doing it and causing burst hear drums so they banned it, the look on the guys face after was amazing!

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 20:02   #24
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Talking Re: Best and worst adverts????

worst advert.....POT NOODLE!! the dirty one and you want it' what a load of cr*p and waste of money!!

best advert as to be the lascoste one with the naked fella who gets up and gives that gorgeous smile....what a bum emmmmmm yummy
also the toilet roll one with the little kid who is playing the boss that is cute, like that one.

coincedience but they both to do with bums!! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plakatlacoste2v.jpg (5.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg potnoodle_dirty.jpg (4.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-02-2006, 20:07   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Aren't you supposed to drink it? I don't think the friendly bacteria will work properly if you rub it on your skin.
we are still talking yoghurt here arnt we...?

worst advert...

anything asking for money showing pictures of people with flies over their faces because they are always shown at tea time

best advert

the nspcc adverts are good and i dont mean good as in funny ha ha i mean as in they get the point across

Last edited by chav1; 11-02-2006 at 20:10.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 22:17   #26
Accy Goddess

I dont like adverts much but the worst ones are.
The Insurance ones.
The best were:-
Smash.
PG tips.
Sheila's wheels.
Baby Ads.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 23:25   #27

I can't stand all the finance ads, Norton,credit cards etc agree with the guy about Sheila's Wheels. and yes the dancing Citreon . The Yellow pages is ok with yer man asking for Dog trainers
Old 11-02-2006, 23:29   #28
God Member

don't tend to watch many ads as I find I usually jump up and start doing something before I forget!!!!!! I think thats why I tend to avoid the BBC

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 00:00   #29
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1

best advert

the nspcc adverts are good and i dont mean good as in funny ha ha i mean as in they get the point across
do you agree with me that the little boy in the cot has now grown into the older boy....same sad face...either its blinking good acting or there is something sadly wrong with the system,or its his older brother...(.not meaning to be nasty in any way )
Old 12-02-2006, 12:57   #30
God Member

Decided to add the new Velvet toilet roll one to the list. It is bonkers trying to have a 2 year old convince us that 3 ply toilet roll is good for the bum.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..