Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Gremlin
  • 1 Post By gpick24
  • 1 Post By Gremlin

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2015, 12:07   #1
Senior Member+

Beware

A friend of mine was in Morrisons on Saturday and had her purse stolen.
It held very little cash but driving licence and credit cards.
She notified the police and bank as soon as she got home within half an hour.
By then the card had been used to transfer £1500 to somewhere abroad and two hundred and fifty pounds taken from three cards.
The thief used her birthday numbers on her licence for the PIN code and it worked.
Police says that a lot people use their birthdate to remember a PIN and she wasn't the only victim of theft that morning in Morrisons.
Beware of pickpockets.
Old 15-06-2015, 13:48   #2

Re: Beware

Choosing a PIN is a nightmare. You should make sure you have a different one for each card that uses a PIN.

You shouldn't use your any date such as a birthday (ddmm or mmdd) or birth year (19yy)

You shouldn't use numbers that form a line on the keypad (2580 or 0852). No sequential or repeated numbers, either. It's a good idea to avoid 6969 but I don't know what makes that so special.

You also shouldn't use 8068, 8093, 9629, 6835 or 7637 which have been published as (statistically) the rarest five PINs in use.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 13:52   #3
Senior Member+

I just use whatever the bank gave me when I got the card.
Studio25 likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 14:30   #4
Senior Member+

I only ever have two cards, a credit and a debit.
Why have more than one credit card? Pay it off each month and it cost nothing.
I use the PINumber I used to quote in the Walsden CooP for the Divi when I was five and never forgot it.
Easy to remember as well. 2468.
gpick24 likes this.
Old 15-06-2015, 19:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I just use whatever the bank gave me when I got the card.
Same here. Thankfully, they both adhere to the guidelines above.

Two people I know use the same PIN for all their cards.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 19:24   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I also know 2 that use the same pins.
Old 15-06-2015, 22:44   #7

How awful.

I was once in Morrison's in Preston and weighed myself in the pharmacy. Went to do some shopping, two minutes later realised I'd left my purse on top of the weighing scales!

I panicked, and RAN almost into an elderly lady who was carrying my purse and had recognised me-she got the biggest hug I'd ever given anybody, bless her.

Unfortunately there are some dishonest, horrible people around too and we can all make mistakes.

I am guilty of having my pin number for my cards written in my phone under people's fake names. I need to change that and memorise them-I have a credit card because I had to get one to build up my credit rating, and a debit card,and two joint account cards and my memory just isn't up to them all .

I'd never use my birthday, though! 0707 seems like the MOST obvious PIN in the world. Lucky person, me

Last edited by Sunflower49; 15-06-2015 at 22:53.
Sunflower49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..