Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2009, 18:13   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Beware of Buying Online.

bought a present fer paris at "Marks @ Spencers" Online last week, according to the site, had 2 in stock, got e-mail following day informing me delivery would be dec 24th, Great stuff thinks cashy. This afternoon gets another E-Mail from em, informing me- item no longer in stock! so i rings em up, asking if ya had 2 in stock when i ordered, WHY am i now not getting one? as this was a present n would leave me goosed? this sad specimen of humanity says, very sorry sir but the website is not "Real Time" so whats the bloody use of yer website then says i? i have ordered many things online oer last few years some with only 1/2 items in stock, but have always recieved em. but with the wonderful marks n sparks i don't!! so anyone thinking of buying off these cretins, beware the site is not up to date, so basically crap. so be very wary of this if its summat ya really want, suggest ya look elsewhere.
Old 21-12-2009, 18:23   #2
God Member

Re: Beware of Buying Online.

did they take your money though Cashy?
Old 21-12-2009, 18:34   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
did they take your money though Cashy?
yep last week, say they will refund. in fact funnily enough 2 mins after, i got a phone call from me banks security askin if it was me that had used the card, was quite impressed wi that.
Old 21-12-2009, 19:08   #4
God Member

hope it comes back ok
Old 21-12-2009, 19:18   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
hope it comes back ok
yeh me too, but its the present that aint coming thats got me goat more though.
Old 21-12-2009, 19:29   #6
God Member

i take it there wasnt anything online saying that there was a lag in the time on the website, can't you take it further, surely there should be some kinda trading standards on that, i know i'd be fuming and i'd send a rather 'to the point' email to someone about it
Old 21-12-2009, 19:51   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
i take it there wasnt anything online saying that there was a lag in the time on the website, can't you take it further, surely there should be some kinda trading standards on that, i know i'd be fuming and i'd send a rather 'to the point' email to someone about it
i already sent n e-mail as well as rung up, i am fuming, i expect a well established firm with a good brand name, to have n up to date online store,would assume most people would? my point is folk could end up very disapointed at xmas or birthdays etc if counting on these clowns to come through.
Old 21-12-2009, 21:21   #8
God Member

This is something that has to be sorted out.. the worst of it is these bods are quick to take your money but slow to re-compense..if M&S are at it who can we trust?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 23:53   #9
God Member

this wasnt just any cock up this was a M&S cock up

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 06:32   #10
God Member

lol fool
Old 22-12-2009, 07:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
this wasnt just any cock up this was a M&S cock up
You been in the knife drawer again
Old 22-12-2009, 08:13   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
You been in the knife drawer again
Ya Lynx he's so sharp its a wonder he has any fingers left
Old 22-12-2009, 09:29   #13
God Member

Cashy let us know if anyone gets back to you
Old 22-12-2009, 09:39   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy let us know if anyone gets back to you
think i have more chance of being struck by lightening shaz, no-one has yet.
Old 22-12-2009, 09:45   #15
God Member

i'd keep on at them, its pathetic

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..