Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2008, 16:02   #1
God Member

Beware - thieves at large - again!

People will probably remember a little while ago a lady having her purse nicked whilst she was getting on a bus in the town centre, well it's happened again, this time to my stepdad. The incident happened on the M & M bus to Clayton Forts Arms at 1.30 last Friday afternoon, of course he didn't realise it till much later when he was racking his brains to think how it could have happened. When the last theft happened, the swines were caught on the buses cctv camera, unfortunately the M & M buses do not have the same facility so these scumbags aren't likely to be caught. I just hope they feel proud of themselves, robbing an 83 year old man in broad daylight.
Just wanted to warn people to be on their guard.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2008, 16:06   #2
God Member

Re: Beware - thieves at large - again!

Hope your step dad is ok
Old 14-08-2008, 16:08   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hope he gets over this despicable act.
Old 14-08-2008, 16:13   #4
Resting in Peace

Scumbags robbing an 83 year old, hope their bloody fingers drop off
Old 14-08-2008, 16:15   #5
Loz

That's terrible
Hope these scumbags get what they deserve.
Hope your dad gets through this.
Old 14-08-2008, 19:47   #6
God Member

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, he's pretty shaken up as you can imagine but he's a tough old bird so I think he'll be ok.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 19:55   #7
God Member

Thieving scumbags, hope they get caught!!!
Old 14-08-2008, 22:22   #8

a few years ago (in the 80s i think) there was a group came over from the usa called the guardian angels or something similar. they patrolled new yorks streets and subways looking for crims and scum bags robbing knifing and even shooting people. any volunteers for accy? policing is non existant and maybe its time we all started taking back our streets from these scumbags. men and women of stout heart and strict morals could teach this filth some lessons on being a good citizen. but all this would be in contravention of their human rights, so we all have to live amongst these filth bags while they ruin our streets and neighbourhoods.
den the menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 22:26   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by den the menace View Post
a few years ago (in the 80s i think) there was a group came over from the usa called the guardian angels or something similar. they patrolled new yorks streets and subways looking for crims and scum bags robbing knifing and even shooting people. any volunteers for accy? policing is non existant and maybe its time we all started taking back our streets from these scumbags. men and women of stout heart and strict morals could teach this filth some lessons on being a good citizen. but all this would be in contravention of their human rights, so we all have to live amongst these filth bags while they ruin our streets and neighbourhoods.
Unfortunately, Den, thieving is nothing new to our century and has no respect for age. Vigilante practices are, however, illegal..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 22:27   #10
God Member

Thieves are such cowards. Always pick on the elderly because they're more vulnerable. My aunty got beat black and blue for a £20 note several years ago.

Hope your step dad gets over it ok
Old 14-08-2008, 22:29   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by den the menace View Post
Good point.
I actually witnessed an incident in Benidorm where a pickpocket was caught in the act of robbing an English pensioner....He was coming over all bravado and the Spanish Policeman just smacked him in the mouth.
Not one of the bystanders complained and he was led off in handcuffs.
Why oh why do we tollerate this scum??

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 11:06   #12
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: Beware - thieves at large - again!

Yesterday the news was full of incidents where thieves are targeting manhole covers, said to cost £300 a time.

This lucrative activity is down to the price of scrap metal going through the roof and destined for China.

The thought occurs that in this day and age with modern plastics, could manhole covers be made out of “no scrap value” plastic?

Or is that too easy?

I hope that your step dad recovers from the shock AccyMad.
Old 15-08-2008, 11:26   #13
God Member

Sounds like an idea Jambutty. Though I guess plastic is now going up in price with oil!
Old 15-08-2008, 12:10   #14
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Beware - thieves at large - again!

Everything is going up these days except pensions in real terms. It even rains up in Scotland.

A news item yesterday described how a private company is looking to recover all things plastic from landfill sites.

Much of the plastic cannot be re-cycled for general use. But it can be shredded or powdered and bonded together in some really tough epoxy resin. Some of these epoxy resins are as tough as cast iron and just as heavy. And the beauty is that it cannot be re-cycled for profit.
Old 15-08-2008, 12:16   #15
Senior Member+

i do hope your step dad gets over this encounter
as im sure he will The sh1ts however if and when caught will
only get told of and perhaps sent on holiday,by rights your
old feller should deserve the medal

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..