Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 22:59   #16
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Big Brother Has Finally Arrived.

Well you carry on living in your own blinkered little world and choose to believe what you want to believe. But come the day when you will have to seek permission from some official when you want to fart, hopefully you will remember that it all started with ‘it is to help prevent serious crime and terrorism’ and ‘I have nothing to hide’.
Old 01-10-2007, 23:06   #17
God Member

Re: Big Brother Has Finally Arrived.

I am not blinkered but wary. If it all comes to pass it will affect my daughter and here kids more than me. If it gets too bad I could always ****** of to some far away Island and live in tranquility. As I cannot I am stuck with what is dealt here. Well that and the fact I cant afford to ****** off at the moment. There are places worse than here so it is good but it does seem to be heading the way of these countries.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 23:20   #18
God Member

Amnything that helps prevent terrorism give it a go!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:14   #19
Resting in peace

They have been accessing ohone call's round the world for years, all the major powers have monitoring stations, we have Cheltnham. So now they've found a way into the 'mobile system'. I think they call it progress jambutty give me the good old days, no phones no telly and NO BIG BROTHER.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:49   #20
Resident Waffler

Anyone who wants to listen in on me waffling on the phone is quite welcome to do so. I have nothing to fear because I have nothing to hide. It's the same with CCTV. I don't mind them filming what I do in town because those CCTVs can also catch criminals. For all the boring footage of me going to M&S, Woollies and Boots there will be a couple of minutes of yobbos mugging a little old lady and if their actions are caught on film and that leads to them being caught then it's worth it.

Likewise if keeping phone conversations or even just records of who called who and when leads to prevention of repeats of the suicide bombings and helps to save people's lives then I have absolutely no objection to anyone listening in on what I have to say. It will bore them to tears but that's their problem not mine.

500GB hard drives? Crikey I am behind the times! We bought a 400GB external drive last year to share at and it still has oodles of space on it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:22   #21
Senior Member+

I'm with you on this one Willow. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, same with the DNA thing. I have nothing to hide and in the long run if it help catch criminals & terrorists then i'm all for it.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:45   #22
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
They have been accessing ohone call's round the world for years, all the major powers have monitoring stations, we have Cheltnham. So now they've found a way into the 'mobile system'. I think they call it progress jambutty give me the good old days, no phones no telly and NO BIG BROTHER.
Don’t forget that RAF station in Yorkshire, the name of which I can never remember, where the Yanks have a large monitoring facility.
Old 02-10-2007, 14:29   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Don’t forget that RAF station in Yorkshire, the name of which I can never remember, where the Yanks have a large monitoring facility.
That was part of the 'Four Minute Warning' system
Four minute warning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 14:29   #24
Resting in peace

Quote:
I'll pm it you jambutty big brother will not let me post the name,i've tried twiceand they cut my internet connection, how petty can they get,it's not the site mods it's the broadband monitors
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 14:33   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I'll pm it you jambutty big brother will not let me post the name,i've tried twiceand they cut my internet connection, how petty can they get,it's not the site mods it's the broadband monitors
the name is in my link

Old 02-10-2007, 15:20   #26
Resident Waffler

RAF Fylingdales - just testing

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 15:31   #27

Quote:
Keeping records is one thing and of course we knew that phone companies kept records. But that is a far cry from keeping the actual content of text messages and phone calls.

The Home Office said the content of the calls and text would not be read and insisted the move was vital to tackle serious crime and terrorism.
Meaning that they could be read if the desire was there.
No it means exactly what it says JB lad. They wont be read.
(big text due to JB not being able to read what it says)

And anyhow if you have nothing to hide then whats your problem. Are you a terrorist? A bore bomb now thats a new one.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 16:06   #28
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
That was part of the 'Four Minute Warning' system
Four minute warning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You are talking about Fylingdales.

The place that I am talking about is Menwith Hill 8 miles west of Harrogate. Jeeves (or Ask as it is known now) is so helpful at times.

Try hanging round the perimeter fence with a camera. Like as not you’ll be visited by two very large snowdrops in a Land Rover suggesting that you move on.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Menwith_Hill
Old 02-10-2007, 16:11   #29
God Member

The Russians are coming - again!

They are more likely to cut of all natural gas supplies from their territory and freeze us into submission

Old 02-10-2007, 16:14   #30
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
No it means exactly what it says JB lad. They wont be read.
(big text due to JB not being able to read what it says)

And anyhow if you have nothing to hide then whats your problem. Are you a terrorist? A bore bomb now thats a new one.
Phew! There’s an awful smell in this thread.

Oh! It’s only Aleks with his verbal diarrhoea.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..