Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2005, 23:41   #1
I am Banned

big brother has gone too far

a little late in mentioning this but..

sat down sunday night to my usual double episode of scrubs on E4 and what was there instead

yes big sh1tey brother poluting my tv screen

i franticly switched to channel E4+ and was confronted by yet the identical crap shown on E4

in a last ditch and final attempt at finding my beloved weekly dose of scrubs i tried switching to bog standard CH4 and even that was showing the same drivel known to others as big brother

why oh why do they insist on cancelling regular TV on all 3 channels just to show the exact same live feed from the big brother house

fair enough people like this crap but realy is it too much to ask that they limit it to 1 channel and leave the rest of the nation with their regular t.v

ok rant over
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2005, 23:46   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: big brother has gone too far

should ave gone stag chav-no big brother lol
Old 30-05-2005, 23:49   #3
mez
God Member

good day had by me & my mates in stag ................... NO BIG BROTHER in site ............. brill.
Old 31-05-2005, 09:13   #4
Senior Member+

Another option - just keep away from any channel which has a 4 in it for the next few months...

Get a Sky+ box (or other PVR) to record the whole series of Scrubs, then you can watch it at your leisure

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 12:02   #5
Junior Member+

reality tv cr@p

due to the lackn of intelligence in this society, all we seem to get now is reality tv.

maybe we should put all the producers of such cr@p on a desert island and leave them there.

then again some ****** will go and film them for a bit'o cash.
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 12:48   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I hate it when that happens Chav. I almost missed my weekly dose of ER last night because it started half an hour early (and I forgot it was starting early)

There are no decent programmes on any channel. From what I've seen of Sky it's mostly drivel on there too, which is why I've never subscribed.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 14:09   #7
God Member

Do what I do and download TV Then you get to watch what you want (and its moraly right cause we still pay TV licence )
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 14:49   #8
I am Banned

thats how willow got her doctor who

you dont think i would sit through it while it recorded do you lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 15:11   #9
Give, give, give member

Scrubs?

Is that like Casualty but with swearing?

Or is it like 'Within These Walls' but with more explicit lesbian action, but without Googie Withers?

l do agree it does seem a rip off on Channel 4. l used to subscribe to Film 4, when you had two channels one of which was great because it showed World Cinema. The price went up, and l was left with one chanel showing American trash, hence they no longer get my pennies.

You could always give in and watch BB. It's like heroin, you can do it once and walk away but after three hits you'll be hooked.

Your lucky your not in it, because when l first came here and we used to clash, l sent in an application for you! Sadly they did need your actual signature though!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 15:15   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Garinda!!!! You are so naughty sometimes.. But I like you..

If Chav was in there I'd definitely watch it, bet it would be a right scream.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 16:07   #11
God Member

Ahh yes but, well, you see, it's like this....a little bird has just whispered in my ear and told me that the big brother format is going to get even more freak-show-ish. Apparently Channel Four have just signed up some people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. That should be fun - if they ever get past the first test!
Old 31-05-2005, 19:39   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Garinda!!!! You are so naughty sometimes.. But I like you..

If Chav was in there I'd definitely watch it, bet it would be a right scream.
Trust me when i say channel 4 would think twice about airing chav1!

Big Brother would be over within a week if he was in there simply because the big brother house isnt fire proof (or idiot proof!)

Last edited by -pixie; 31-05-2005 at 21:07.
-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 21:06   #13

Oh, and garinda, if you want to reapply chav1 for next year, I can forge his signature. I could do with a peaceful summer for once.
Old 31-05-2005, 22:22   #14

Simple reason for TV showing the likes of BB & I'm a nonentity-get me out of here
It is cheap television- get a bunch of mugs, put them together & watch what happens & if something kicks off brill, sensationalism extreme, headlines in the scandal mags & its a hit!
The worst part is some members of society study hard at college & uni to get qualifications for around six years only to be userped by some gobby southerner flashing her bits on a TV chanell that just about scrapes a couple of million viewers, or maybe more when they rerun the naughty bits.
Old 31-05-2005, 23:15   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

there supposed to be reality tv shows arent they? if thats reality i must be missing summat lol

Tags
tv entertainment

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..