Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2005, 11:13   #16

Re: big bumps on the coppice...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
I think his first name should be Issac..LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehehe

Had to say it out loud before I got it though.
Old 10-02-2005, 15:46   #17
Resident Waffler

Well I've written to my local councillor to start with. Been a bit busy since then so not had time to do much else yet.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 15:59   #18
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I wonder if a body like the Accy Observer could take them to court to fight them doing it? Can't think on what grounds though
The Accy Observer tends to go along with council decisions and in particular Britcliffe who favours this monstrosity is their flavour of the month (or year)

Well done and thank you A-b, for all the info you have supplied, I have already done my NO vote!
Old 10-02-2005, 16:14   #19
Resident Waffler

So have I. I might even write to Greg Pope next.

We have to let them know how popular this isn't.

Old 10-02-2005, 16:35   #20
Full Member+

Planning objections would be for disturbing the wildlife, though this panopticon is meant to encourage people up the Coppice and I suspect Mid Pennine Arts hav`nt planned for any additional car parking. Avenue Parade is already full and the pull in off the bypass is next to a very steep path that is totally unsuitable for disabled access.
Anyway, I thought the Coppice was given to the people of Accrington not to Mid Pennine Arts for their own personal use. Talking to Gayle Knights dad, he told me that the scheme also includes funding for upgrades of paths and upkeep of the artwork, but who will be checking these? I`m bloody sure Mid Pennine Arts won`t be....
Old 10-02-2005, 19:10   #21
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Well, I have just e mailed PB with my objection. I doubt it will do any good as I'm sure our cerebrally challenged leader will do what the hell he wants anyway.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 19:36   #22

there was an article in the observer by councillor dave prkins i think he is called about clamping down on planning permission and not allowing retrospective permission to those who build then apply later. if the council do ignore public opinion and go ahead would they not be as bad as everyone else, if they do erect these monstrosities then lets all do the same in our front gardens without the planning permision
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 20:30   #23
Full Member+

No doubt these humps will be used by motor bikers and mountain bikes for doing jumps, so they could close the skate parks and save even more money....
Old 10-02-2005, 20:35   #24
Beacon of light

Sorry......I can't do this post......I am still laughing at the ISAAC thingy!
Thanx A-B for being a mine of information.....I am going to get e-mailing!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 20:38   #25
God Member

LOL MTHead issac hunt, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 20:40   #26
God Member

LMFAO what a great idea, if they don't give a toss what we think, then we don't give a toss what they think...............might plop a great big turd looking design in my front garden see how they like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
there was an article in the observer by councillor dave prkins i think he is called about clamping down on planning permission and not allowing retrospective permission to those who build then apply later. if the council do ignore public opinion and go ahead would they not be as bad as everyone else, if they do erect these monstrosities then lets all do the same in our front gardens without the planning permision

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 21:35   #27
Resident Waffler

The Spokesperson for MPAA says that out of the people who have contacted them the majority are in favour of the panopticon, so quite clearly we need to be contacting them too and letting them know that there are plenty of us who do not want the thing.

Old 10-02-2005, 21:38   #28

can an online petition be arranged
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 21:45   #29
Resident Waffler

I think individual letters and emails mights have more impact.

Old 11-02-2005, 00:33   #30

Question Re: big bumps on the coppice...?

I thought they were going to put a 'hollywood like' sign on the coppice only 'accrington' name instead- that sounded good! (theres someone on accyweb- not sure who- u know who u r) who has it as their avatar thing, not sure about this bump thing- is there some drawings/plans to look at- links?
markuze is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..