Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 01:08   #31
I am Banned

Re: big bumps on the coppice...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
The Spokesperson for MPAA says that out of the people who have contacted them the majority are in favour of the panopticon, so quite clearly we need to be contacting them too and letting them know that there are plenty of us who do not want the thing.
the people who support it live in other towns and think as long as were dumped on with it their town is safe lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2005, 06:37   #32
Resident Waffler

The MPAA claim that two thirds of the population of Hyndburn want one on the Coppice. We need to let them know that whoever they spoke to they didn't speak to a cross section of the public here. Presumably most of the people who like the idea have contacted MPAA so those of us who DON'T like the idea also need to contact them direct to redress the balance.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:06   #33
God Member

This woman works for Mid Pennine and is one of the bunch who think that it is a wonderful idea. indeed she has a letter to that effect in this week's Observer.

Bombard this woman with calls and letters and emails and let her know what the silent majority really think.

Gayle Knight at Mid Pennine Arts on 01282 421986 or 07767 383435

E-mail:
[email protected]
Old 11-02-2005, 08:11   #34
God Member

My objections have been e-mailed.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:49   #35
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Just sent mine to Gayle Knight. I wonder who was surveyed in order to produce a result of two thirds in favour of the panopticon. Probably all of the employees of Mid Penine Arts.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:22   #36
God Member

Oooh how cynical Lettie! You'll be saying that the public exhibition was made deliberately low key so that they would only get opinions from people who were in favour of the idea, next. Or that Nick Hunt and Gayle Knight are pretentious t*ats with their heads so far up their ar*es that they can see their back teeth. Or that they really don't give a t*ss about the Coppice or the opinions of the people who will have to live with their hare brained schemes as long as they still keep getting their fat pay cheques and don't have to do a Real Job.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:16   #37
God Member

This is the reply from mid penine arts to my e-mail

Thank you for your comments, we will include them in our consultation. All comments are considered and you have some very valid points about security which we will be raising ourselves. Obviously, we appreciate that not all art is to everyone’s taste but to answer some of your questions.

The design that has been chosen has been specifically chosen because the steering group believe it will enhance the natural beauty. Although it is man made it is made by reclaiming earth, hopefully from other areas of the town. The designer has employed an ecologist to work with him to ensure that wildlife is not only protected during the process but nurtured afterwards.

In Rossendale, they have just unveiled plans for the Top O’Slate. This is the area that has accepted the Halo design (previously rejected by Hyndburn). They are going to spend a further £165,000 on reclaiming the derelict land around it, ensuring that paths to the top have disabled access and planting trees and bulbs to encourage wildlife. Hyndburn could have similar investment for the Coppice. Plans are already taking shape to develop some of the pathways up to the Coppice from Arden Hall, there are more in the pipeline.

Gayle Knight

Marketing Officer

Mid Pennine Arts

01282 421986

Old 11-02-2005, 10:41   #38
God Member

Thanks for posting the reply Tinkerbelle.

So it seems that not content with imposing this rotten design on us they are going to use it as an excuse to tip more bl**dy waste!

Disabled access, my backside! How many disabled folk could manage wheeling themselves to the top of Avenue Parade without having to summon an ambulance, let alone getting to the top of the Coppice?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:44   #39
God Member

And another thing... just who is this "they" who are going to spend £165,000 on reclamation. Rossendale council? We cannot expect HBC to do anything similar, they cannot even afford to take the Christmas lights down.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:44   #40
God Member

I like how she brushed off the security question. I asked if they were going to put cctv up there or were the police going to be expected to keep running up there everytime someone reporting them being used as motorbike jumps
Old 11-02-2005, 10:54   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
And another thing... just who is this "they" who are going to spend £165,000 on reclamation. Rossendale council? We cannot expect HBC to do anything similar, they cannot even afford to take the Christmas lights down.
Exellent point AB that called for another e-mail to find out!!!

If I could possibly just quote you

'In Rossendale, they have just unveiled plans for the Top O’Slate. This is the area that has accepted the Halo design (previously rejected by Hyndburn). They are going to spend a further £165,000 on reclaiming the derelict land around it, ensuring that paths to the top have disabled access and planting trees and bulbs to encourage wildlife. Hyndburn could have similar investment for the Coppice'.
What does 'could have' mean? What happens if they don't? Who's going to foot the bills then?

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 11-02-2005 at 10:55.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:25   #42
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Guess what...... I have just received the exact same reply apart from the security bit. I have picked the appropriate holes in the arguement and sent one back with further questions. I don't think she'll be getting much work done today.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:49   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Guess what...... I have just received the exact same reply apart from the security bit. I have picked the appropriate holes in the arguement and sent one back with further questions. I don't think she'll be getting much work done today.
That doesn't surprise me it felt like a scripted e-mail. Think we are supposed to read it and think 'oh well thats ok then' tuff she's probably going to wish she hadn't asked for objections to be e-mailed. Either that or we won't get another reply from them!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:56   #44
God Member

Do we know what the exact cost of the giant dog turds?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:56   #45
Resident Waffler

I haven't even had a reply to my original email.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..