Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2005, 13:07   #91
Senior Member+

Re: big bumps on the coppice...?

Quote:
Surely we can all object to the planning application? I for one will be asking what I need to do.
Yep the application will go in front of HBC's "Planning Committee", and they seem to rubber stamp every thing as a "YES"
You can write in to the planning officer giving details of your objections, but from past experience it won't do much good, or you could find out when the application is due in front of the "Committee" and attend the meeting, and have your say, may do some good if all the objectors did attend the meeting. The committee room would not be big enough

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2005, 17:12   #92
Junior Member+

What BUMPS are they (?) putting on the Coppice, confused in Canada, and almost everywhere else. Pam
pam ashworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2005, 17:44   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam ashworth
What BUMPS are they (?) putting on the Coppice, confused in Canada, and almost everywhere else. Pam
You may find the answer here http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/..._id=12034.html
or here
http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/..._id=12005.html
or here
http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/..._id=11990.html

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by park381; 13-02-2005 at 17:47. Reason: more info
Old 13-02-2005, 17:53   #94
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
....and how will they get JCB`s up there. The paths are either too narrow or too steep. Nice to see that this has been well thought out and has the money for renovation of this "rundown spot" been ring-fenced?
this is where accyweb offroaders do there bit in there fuel guzzling 4x4 s......lol..
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2005, 18:04   #95
Senior Member+

Hey, HBC got a grant for this, an in the words of one of our local Cllr's
"we can't use the money for anything else"
an as the leader states "we may get the paths refurbished, its something we (assume HBC) can't afford to do"

Albert Einstein.

Old 14-02-2005, 15:54   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Sounds like she really knows what she's talking about, doesn't it?. How come everybody has had replies from her but me?
You are not alone chuck. I fired one straight back on Friday asking awkward questions, there has been no reply to my second email so far.
Old 14-02-2005, 15:59   #97
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I fired a third one back on friday , asking yet more questions. No reply to that one. The scary thing was that in her second reply she mentioned that local school children will be involved in the design!!!!!! I expect to see Tinky Winky gambolling over the bumps sometime in May...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005, 16:33   #98
God Member

The artists impression (how often do they turn out to match the end product?) shows carefully manicured mounds, arising at an angle of about 70%., with a few people on top.My question is: If there is to be open access to the top of these mounds, how are people in wheelchairs going to be able to get to the top? I can't see how. Maybe each one will have a Stannah Lift or something similar around the back. I just cannot see how they will give equal access to everyone, which, given the current criteria on public sector funding of schemes such as this, would make the mounds illegal.

The only way MPAA & and the clowns on HBC I can see getting round this obstacle would be to fence in the mounds, which once again defeats the object of putting them there in the first place.

One final point: These things really do look nice and tidy...are they going to be kept that way or are they going to be allowed to grow wild, with bushes and long wild grass sprouting out everywhere? if its the latter, can someone tell me how you're going to get a lawnmower down the sides of these things.....I wonder if the HSC has been consulted. If its the latter, then theres no point in turfing it over in the first instance,,,,You may as well get Murphy up there in a hired JCB, free Guiness for the weekend, as many mounds as he can do,total cost about five hundred quid, total saving to the ratepayer, £49,500 quid.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005, 18:14   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
The scary thing was that in her second reply she mentioned that local school children will be involved in the design!!!!!!
Oh Dear Lord! This gets worse and worse! Why does every example of public art in Hyndburn have to be designed by school kids? Do we not have to put up with enough of their daubings on bus shelters and anything else that stands still for more than a minute?
Old 14-02-2005, 19:40   #100
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
The scary thing was that in her second reply she mentioned that local school children will be involved in the design!!!!!!
Get kids involved will win her a few votes, good tactics, we need to try a bit harder and see what her next move will be.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005, 20:15   #101
Full Member+

Maybe her kids are designing it!!
Old 14-02-2005, 20:17   #102

I think they already did !!!!!!!!
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005, 20:45   #103
God Member

But will it bring more sunshine?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (58.6 KB, 51 views)

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2005, 21:03   #104
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
But will it bring more sunshine?

maybe but it also looks like from the photo the extra sunshine will destroy woolworths and marks and spencers

these bumps maybe a good idea after all lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 06:16   #105
God Member

Your Councillors revealed!

Name them, if you can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Teletubbies.jpg (123.9 KB, 10 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..