Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 21:21   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bill Roach latest 'star'to be arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Can none celebs be named if they have been charged?
All i know is what used to be, dunno if still the case? But people charged wi various offences i have seen named in the local press.
Old 01-05-2013, 21:24   #47
God Member

i didnt think people were named in the press until appearing in court.

for example papers would say john smith of make believe lane appeared in court on the 23rd of may 2013 accused of shoplifting

dont recall them saying john smith was charged today of shoplifting and will appear in court on the 23rd of may infact with all teh charges police make it would fill teh news paper so i guess only juicey ones get to go in the press

appologies to john smith if your name is john smith lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:34   #48
Senior Member+

Just thinking back to the claires law thread where it was discussed about releasing names of people that have only been accused. Perhaps if an accusation had got so far that they could have legally been named in the press, then they could be on the list.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:36   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I was referring to more serious stuff than shoplifting accyman, plus going back donkeys years, may well be different now, have no idea.
Old 01-05-2013, 21:42   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I was referring to more serious stuff than shoplifting accyman, plus going back donkeys years, may well be different now, have no idea.
yeah i know mate i just didnt feel comfortable putting kiddi fiddling next to a name that although represents an example could be a real name..

pitty press dont have similar feelings

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 01-05-2013, 21:44   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Just thinking back to the claires law thread where it was discussed about releasing names of people that have only been accused. Perhaps if an accusation had got so far that they could have legally been named in the press, then they could be on the list.
hmm still dosnt sit right i still think that the only people on it shoudl be convicted people.I dont like the idea of teh press been a measure of someones guilt especially when some papers think elvis is still alive lol

Old 01-05-2013, 21:45   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yeh mean Elvis is really dead?
Old 01-05-2013, 21:58   #53
God Member

Quote:
Yeh mean Elvis is really dead?
about as dead as a dildo mate

Old 01-05-2013, 22:01   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
about as dead as a dildo mate
Yeh will be telling me next theres no father christmas.
Old 01-05-2013, 22:03   #55
God Member

Quote:
Yeh will be telling me next theres no father christmas.

no iv seen him

white beard

red nose

fat

mind you it coulda been an alki he was in a charity shop but it was december
cashman likes this.

Old 01-05-2013, 22:17   #56
God Member

Just seen a tweet from a reliable source -

"Mark Williams-Thomas ‏@mwilliamsthomas 1h

Coronation Street star William Roache charged with two counts of rape involving a 15-year-old girl in the 1960s"

....so it wasn't a 'one-off'.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 22:46   #57

Wink Re: Bill Roach latest 'star'to be arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
He used to live at the big house at the tesco roundabout ( now a restaurant ) so I guess it happened there.
Sykeside Country House Hotel was William Roach's second home in that area, previously he

occupied a bungalow on Laneside.

Two years after this alleged offence by Mr Roach, there was a tremendous media storm

surrounding Peter Adamson, again in Haslingden,

The former Coronation Street character Len Fairclough was acquitted,

Who knows what went on then?

Or as Cashy said,'what was swept under the carpet'?

Last edited by Stevie R; 01-05-2013 at 22:54.
Stevie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 00:52   #58
God Member

len fairclough actor was supposed to have fiddled with a little girls bits in a swimming pool if i recall correctly

i think he went on GMTV pleading his innocence

was a long time ago but im pretty sure tahts about right without googleing

i also cantthink of anything the len faircough actor was in after corronation street so maybe he was blackballed by the what would have been 3 channels then

Old 02-05-2013, 01:12   #59
God Member

Quote:
len fairclough actor was supposed to have fiddled with a little girls bits in a swimming pool if i recall correctly

i think he went on GMTV pleading his innocence

was a long time ago but im pretty sure tahts about right without googleing

i also cantthink of anything the len faircough actor was in after corronation street so maybe he was blackballed by the what would have been 3 channels then
He admitted guilt before he died

All that mat tered was winning; GEORGE CARMAN, QC, WAS BLINKERED TO THE PLEASURES OF LIFE, FOR HIM . . . - Free Online Library

"Carman was most irked at the later behaviour of Coronation Street actor Peter Adamson, aka Coronation Street's Len Fairclough, after the barrister successfully defended him against charges of indecently molesting young girls. In a boozy interview sometime afterwards, Liverpool-born Adamson, who died last week, admitted his guilt. "

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i didnt think people were named in the press until appearing in court.

for example papers would say john smith of make believe lane appeared in court on the 23rd of may 2013 accused of shoplifting

dont recall them saying john smith was charged today of shoplifting and will appear in court on the 23rd of may infact with all teh charges police make it would fill teh news paper so i guess only juicey ones get to go in the press

appologies to john smith if your name is john smith lol
There are reporters covering every court sitting accyman, that's when the names appear in the paper the only time names are withheld are when ordered by the court
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..