Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 17:06   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Bill Roach latest 'star'to be arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassy rvr View Post
He wasn,t living at Syke Side House at the time they are saying these incidents occurred,he lived in a bungalow behind the house first but I can,t recall that even being as early as the sixties.
I lived in Hassy from 78 to 86 and I often saw him outside the front door of the house, think he left Hassy prior to me leaving.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2013, 17:14   #77
Resting in Peace

I honestly think that in sex allegation charges, if both the accuser and the accused had anonymity, until after the case was finished, more of this type of case would see justice, if there was a not guilty verdict nobodies character need be blackened, needlessly. If a guilty plea is reached that's the time of the media to have their field day, or has innocent until proved guilty gone out the window

Last edited by jaysay; 02-05-2013 at 17:16.
Old 02-05-2013, 17:57   #78
God Member

one thing that has crossed my mind when thinking about this is back in the 60's and 70's your uncle c ould pinch your bum and say wotcha fella or girl

these days it would be sexual abuse

if someone says you grabbed their bum in 1966 can you be charged in 2013 with sexual assault ?

im not saying this is what ken barlow has been accused of it just made me think of how years ago something would be innocent and friendly but now a serious crime

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 18:02   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Well if they were right about Stuart hall being a kiddy fiddler then who knows how they can prove it
Well obviously they could prove it mani, or he wouldn't have changed his plea to guilty.
Old 02-05-2013, 18:22   #80
Resting in Peace

Old 02-05-2013, 18:38   #81

Stuart Hall has shown some degree of decency by (maybe a plea bargain?) pleading guilty. Perhaps some of the other deniers should think carefully and do likewise.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 18:40   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Degree of decency my arse, Hes just after a lighter sentence. I watched his denial a few months back.
Old 02-05-2013, 19:06   #83
God Member

i know its people from both channel of tv been arrested but with the bbc covering up saville it does make you wonder how much the bbc actually covered up as more come out the woodwork

maybe its time to disassociate government from the bbc and letthem fend for themsleves and see how much hush they can buy when they have to fund themselves

in effect the bbc used the publics money to cover up the public been sexualy abused

time to do away with the bbc its obviously corrpt to the core

not having to buy a tv licence would be nice also
Restless likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 03-05-2013, 08:42   #84
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
one thing that has crossed my mind when thinking about this is back in the 60's and 70's your uncle c ould pinch your bum and say wotcha fella or girl

these days it would be sexual abuse

if someone says you grabbed their bum in 1966 can you be charged in 2013 with sexual assault ?

im not saying this is what ken barlow has been accused of it just made me think of how years ago something would be innocent and friendly but now a serious crime
Nothing at all to do with innocent and friendly get real accyman. It's all about inapropriate acts, taking advantage by behaviour that denigrate, erode a persons self esteem and worth and if was out in the open would make most clear minded people feel uncomfortable.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Nothing at all to do with innocent and friendly get real accyman. It's all about inapropriate acts, taking advantage by behaviour that denigrate, erode a persons self esteem and worth and if was out in the open would make most clear minded people feel uncomfortable.
sorry didnt i make it clear i wasnt saying this was anything to do with ken roach infact i thought it was pretty clear i was pondering how it would be handled if something that was acceptable in 1970 was done in 1970 and complained about as a crime in 2013

a bit like how you used to be able to smack a child to punish it in 1970 you get done for GBH in 2013.If i did what my mum did to me to my kids i would be in prison but back then it was acceptable punishment to hit a child with a slipper

another example is tha tthese days if you take a picture of your child in teh baby bath you can end up in trouble with teh police where as people of my generation see them as embarrassing pictures your mom shows your girlfriend

Last edited by accyman; 03-05-2013 at 10:25.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
sorry didnt i make it clear i wasnt saying this was anything to do with ken roach infact i thought it was pretty clear i was pondering how it would be handled if something that was acceptable in 1970 was done in 1970 and complained about as a crime in 2013

a bit like how you used to be able to smack a child to punish it in 1970 you get done for GBH in 2013.If i did what my mum did to me to my kids i would be in prison but back then it was acceptable punishment to hit a child with a slipper

another example is tha tthese days if you take a picture of your child in teh baby bath you can end up in trouble with teh police where as people of my generation see them as embarrassing pictures your mom shows your girlfriend
No case to answer if it wasn`t a crime when it was done.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
No case to answer if it wasn`t a crime when it was done.
Just been having a look around and it seems in the UK you can be prosecuted.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto_law
Old 03-05-2013, 12:05   #88
God Member

Quote:
Just been having a look around and it seems in the UK you can be prosecuted.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto_law
wow so i could be prosecuted for smoking underage depite it been legal to do so at 16 when i was 16 ?

Old 03-05-2013, 12:40   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
wow so i could be prosecuted for smoking underage depite it been legal to do so at 16 when i was 16 ?
Common sense says not, an example I read while looking this up was, imagine abortion to become illegal, would everyone who has had an abortion or taken part be prosecuted. Most, if not all of us has done something in the past that is now illegal, travelling in a car without wearing seatbelt is a good example.
Old 03-05-2013, 13:00   #90
God Member

Quote:
Common sense says not, .
in a court system where a victims evidence was thrown out because it was too convincing common sense dosnt play too much a part in the british justice system

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..