Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 11:30   #1
Full Member+

Bill Roach latest 'star'to be arrested.

I see from the news that Bill Roach (Ken Barlow) has been arrested. I'm starting to wonder whether the police are becoming a little over zealous in the aftermath of the Savile scandal. Why is it only now that people are coming forward pointing fingers. Surely, at least some of these people would have been investigated before now. Or maybe it was the culture of the time and as allegations such as these are now taken more seriously they are now being reeled in one by one!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:09   #2
I am Banned

Re: Bill Roach latest 'star'to be arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I see from the news that Bill Roach (Ken Barlow) has been arrested. I'm starting to wonder whether the police are becoming a little over zealous in the aftermath of the Savile scandal. Why is it only now that people are coming forward pointing fingers. Surely, at least some of these people would have been investigated before now. Or maybe it was the culture of the time and as allegations such as these are now taken more seriously they are now being reeled in one by one!
A lot of them are probably attention seekers, probably got a fixation on a certain star & looking to make a few quid on something thats harder to disprove than prove. Why so long after the Saville case came to light

Last edited by Retlaw; 01-05-2013 at 12:12.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14   #3
God Member

A lot of people DID report things at the time but the majority (as has previously been reported) of it was swept under the carpet
Old 01-05-2013, 12:20   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
A lot of people DID report things at the time but the majority (as has previously been reported) of it was swept under the carpet
Thats the thing, pity they aint arresting those who hid the complaints as well.
flashy and Alvin the chipmunk like this.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26   #5
Full Member+

Think this may well be the tv version of the extinction of the dinosaurs at this rate. People of the future may one day be leafing through their history tomes and come across the great disappearance of the ancient entertainment dinosaurs. Did they fall or was they pushed.!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:32   #6
Full Member+

Looks like Rolf is gonna be playing with his didgeridoo in solitary soon too.!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33   #7
God Member

Apparently happened in the haslingden area according to news.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43   #8

It wasn,t me!!
cashman and Stanleymad like this.
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:47   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well yeh wouldn't admit if it was.
hassy rvr likes this.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:54   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Apparently happened in the haslingden area according to news.
He used to live at the big house at the tesco roundabout ( now a restaurant ) so I guess it happened there.

The question I have is how the heck can they prove anything now. its not like they can prove DNA or physical evidence in any way this far down the line. As I see it, its his word against hers and in this country as we have innocent till proven guilty there is no way I see of a conviction. All I see in that case is a load of wasted money on prosecutions/police time.
KiTChener and Stanleymad like this.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 13:04   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
He used to live at the big house at the tesco roundabout ( now a restaurant ) so I guess it happened there.

The question I have is how the heck can they prove anything now. its not like they can prove DNA or physical evidence in any way this far down the line. As I see it, its his word against hers and in this country as we have innocent till proven guilty there is no way I see of a conviction. All I see in that case is a load of wasted money on prosecutions/police time.
Yes, I agree especially when the thread starter didn't bother to put a link as to what he's accused of.
Yet members jump on and assume this to be correct, I hate hearsay it doesn't give all the facts.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 13:20   #12
Full Member+

It was on Granada reports. Says he was arrested this morning at his home and has been accused of a historical accusation of rape. Apparently he is being interviewed at a police station 'somewhere in Lancashire'.
Old 01-05-2013, 13:28   #13
God Member

Another geriatric celeb accused of illegal activity with a female just under legal age.

It looks increasingly likely that they are avoiding the politicians suspected of sodomising boys. (which I regard as even more offensive.).

The longer they take arresting just celebs, the more they hope you will be content that they have 'left no stone unturned'. They need to get moving boulders .
cmonstanley and Eric like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 14:06   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Another geriatric celeb accused of illegal activity with a female just under legal age.

It looks increasingly likely that they are avoiding the politicians suspected of sodomising boys. (which I regard as even more offensive.).

The longer they take arresting just celebs, the more they hope you will be content that they have 'left no stone unturned'. They need to get moving boulders .
Well as a male that has up to present never considered under age sex of any flavour, I don't consider sodomy or sex with an unwilling partner to be something normal folk would consider to be better or worse, both are taking advantage of the vulnerable.

I do notice however we have no solid link from the thread starter, should this hearsay continue?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 14:28   #15
Senior Member+

Will one from me do?
Bill Roache arrested - ITV News
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..