Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2010, 14:24   #136
God Member

Re: bins and recycling please read

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Hell, l hope our council never have to cope with a real emergency, rather than a few inches of the white stuff.

next weeks bins probably wont be collected due to large puddles from the melting snow

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2010, 14:57   #137
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Just come home and cut through a few back allies, (safest way for me to travel, someone otherwise might recognise me), even when the bin men do collect, they will suffer delays the back streets are jammed tight with excess rubbish that folk can't deal with, each wagon will end up having to make extra trips to the tip as they plough their way through, no matter what or when has been promised, expect them to be slow to catch up.

I think perhaps next year the Council should consider that paying these guy's a little extra to give us as near a normal service as possible, could work out cheaper than pretending Christmas comes in Summer, not at a time Winter can throw it's worst at us.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 16:16   #138
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It is stupid collecting on the wrong day without informing people. You are not allowed to leave your bin out all the time so most wont.
They did put up a notice on their web site Neil, to tell residents that you could put them out with the extra bags in case they were in your area. They did do an extra collection of household waste down my road on Tuesday. Luckily, had left the grey bin out at the edge of my lawn .. had been 5 weeks... didn't miss a recyling collection though. Unfortunately, put any excess bags in the green bin for safe keeping ... did hear them, but was nicely tucked up under my duvet .. no way was I trotting out in me pyjamas !

The notice, however, was not on there until 11 o'clock Tuesday ... too late for me.

See they have issued a new statement and guidelines:

New Waste Service Standards Launched
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 16:19   #139
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I wonder if they are just doing extra streets they can get down at the end of the rounds for the day.
The streets around here haven't had their wheelie bins emptied, as they should have been on Monday, a day when 'normal service' was apparently resumed.

After they didn't come the week after Christmas I played safe, fearing they wouldn't be emptied again, and didn't put mine out.

Not a luxury for those with familes, as their overspilling bins, littering the streets, testify to.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 16:33   #140
God Member

I think we've had ours emptied.
Recycling definitely came last week.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 16:37   #141
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Not a luxury for those with familes, as their overspilling bins, littering the streets, testify to.
yup my garden is littered with other peoples rubbish as are other peoples gardens littered with mine because we put them out when told services would resume

cant blame our council leader for this mess though he was away on holiday when things went bad so who ever was sailing the h.m.s HBC while he was away literally ran us into an iceberg and left us sinking in sh1t

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 14-01-2010, 16:56   #142
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
cant blame our council leader for this mess though he was away on holiday when things went bad so who ever was sailing the h.m.s HBC while he was away literally ran us into an iceberg and left us sinking in sh1t
How do you know his holiday plans, is he a mate of yours?
Old 14-01-2010, 17:10   #143
God Member

Quote:
How do you know his holiday plans, is he a mate of yours?
he was in such a hurry to get out of here for xmas the speed camera near his house picked him up loading up his luggage

or the realistic version where a frind of mine rang his home to see what was going on and was informed he was on holiday

Old 14-01-2010, 17:40   #144
God Member

I doubt councillors are responsible for ordering where and when bin collections should be anyway. They should be there to find out who is/what is going on though.
Old 14-01-2010, 18:42   #145
God Member

whoever caused this cock up shoudl be put in teh stocks in huncoat and us be allowed to throw our rubbish at them.

obviously for health and safety reasons if somone is throwing a wardrobe away it is only common sense that two people be lifiting it when it is thrown

Old 15-01-2010, 07:31   #146
Resting in Peace

Them ruddy recyling people have just been ........i put blue box out, blue sack out, and white sack out...........just been to bring them in and there is NO white sack and 2 blue boxs.
so now i dont have a white sack
cant they do anything right
its easy to empty 2 sacks and 1 box that has the address on and put it back in the right place

Well next time they are round they will find 2 blue sacks put out and if they complain they will get told why

Last edited by Mick; 15-01-2010 at 07:35.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 07:44   #147
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Well next time they are round they will find 2 blue sacks put out and if they complain they will get told why
Sounds like someone needs to empty his own sack and chill out
Old 15-01-2010, 07:47   #148

Quote:
Them ruddy recyling people have just been ........i put blue box out, blue sack out, and white sack out...........just been to bring them in and there is NO white sack and 2 blue boxs.
its easy to empty 2 sacks and 1 box that has the address on and put it back in the right place

They say we've got to put things in the right container, say nothing about what you're gonna get back, just be thankful they didn't leave you with nothing
Old 15-01-2010, 09:21   #149
Senior Member+

The bin men came on to our estate yesterday and only emptied the bins that didn't need effort to get them to the bin wagon. Any that needed to be pulled along any snow were left.

But they did empty the old dears from next door who needs assistance with hers. They pulled the bin all the way down her driveway and back over the snow, so why empty hers and not the others that didn't need to be pulled as far as they were all near the pavement edge.

That now leaves a number of bins on the estate which are overflowing and won't be emptied for another two week, we've even still got all the paper and cardboard from Christmas day in the utility room that's waiting for a collection.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 10:31   #150
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
They did put up a notice on their web site Neil, to tell residents that you could put them out with the extra bags in case they were in your area. They did do an extra collection of household waste down my road on Tuesday. Luckily, had left the grey bin out at the edge of my lawn .. had been 5 weeks... didn't miss a recyling collection though. Unfortunately, put any excess bags in the green bin for safe keeping ... did hear them, but was nicely tucked up under my duvet .. no way was I trotting out in me pyjamas !

The notice, however, was not on there until 11 o'clock Tuesday ... too late for me.

See they have issued a new statement and guidelines:

New Waste Service Standards Launched
That statement is really taking the mick,= "We want people to continue to be happy with our collection service" well i don't know many who are?

Quote:

great missed the recycle,had no idea they were coming, another example of how people are really happy with the service!!! I THINK NOT.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..