Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 17:59   #16

Re: bins and recycling please read

Thanks for letting us know. Have tried to find out throughout the day, but didn't really expect them to be collected.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2010, 18:07   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Thats very kind of them collect an extra 4 bags as a one off. It annoys me when i think off the cost of the tax people pay.
If I ever hear you saying anything good about the Council I will phone you a Doctor
Old 06-01-2010, 18:12   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If I ever hear you saying anything good about the Council I will phone you a Doctor
Cant remember saying that many bad things about them, did i remind me.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 18:12   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If I ever hear you saying anything good....
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 18:35   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I did put up on another thread Sue that they were prepared to collect 2 extra bags of household waste on the first collection in the New Year .. mind you, this was before 'the troubles'.

Here it is again :-

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...use_Ad_web.pdf

However ... there is this announcement by Our Leader:

Severe weather conditions affect refuse / recycling collections
Thankyou Katex, I'm sorry I hadn't seen the other thread.
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 18:40   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Thankyou Katex, I'm sorry I hadn't seen the other thread.
me neither cheers kate.
Old 06-01-2010, 19:34   #22
Resting in Peace

Can't wait for Garinda to come on and comment on Cllr. Britcliffe's statement .. he really ought to engage a new secretary. This last sentence had me running for the loo ..

"My advice if you have additional bags of rubbish because of a missed collection is to ensure that they are tied well and stored in a shed, outhouse or back yard until the services start again. Don't worry about food rotting in your bin or bin bags stored outside your property as the low temperatures will keep it cold or frozen".

.. maybe just me that sees the humour ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 21:13   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ta fer letting us know, but through the ******* that organise things ours aint been emptied for 3 weeks. hope ya will take black bags as well?
I am with cashy on this ours was due to be emptied this friday it has now been 3 weeks our bin is now full.
so we have to wait till monday well i will have to put extra bags outside the bin just hope i dont get a fine for doing it
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 21:23   #24

Mick - This is the full text of the press release - (it says that they will accept 4 extra bin bags - which is not a lot if you have to go over 3 weeks between collections).

MEDIA RELEASE
06 January 2010
Page 1 of 1
For Immediate Release

Severe weather conditions affect refuse / recycling collections

Due to the adverse weather, Hyndburn Council has suspended all refuse / recycling collections for the rest of this week. This includes collections of trade waste.

Council Leader, Cllr Peter Britcliffe explained:

“The snow and icy weather conditions over the last week have affected all our waste collections and street cleansing services. We’ve have tried our best to collect refuse and recycling but unfortunately the weather has made it impossible to operate safely on the roads. Hyndburn is not alone in making the decision to suspend services, as other councils across Lancashire are also doing the same. We are planning to restart collections on Monday 11 January but hope residents understand that we can only collect if it is safe to do so”.

“We are asking those residents who presented containers this week but didn’t get them emptied, to take them back in and present them on their next scheduled collection. To help those residents who missed a collection, we will be taking away additional recycling and non recyclable waste on their next scheduled collection.”

“Please keep recycling and any items that can not fit into the blue box and sacks can be presented in carrier bags (not tied black sacks). For non-recyclable waste, residents are reminded that the lid of the grey bin must be closed for health and safety reasons and as a ‘off one’ residents will be permitted to present up to 4 extra sacks at the side of the grey bin”.

“My advice if you have additional bags of rubbish because of a missed collection is to ensure that they are tied well and stored in a shed, outhouse or back yard until the services start again. Don’t worry about food rotting in your bin or bin bags stored outside your property as the low temperatures will keep it cold or frozen”.

For more information about refuse and recycling collections in Hyndburn, call (01254) 388111 or email [email protected]

-Ends-

Note for Editors

Media Contacts Cathy Kierans- Senior Marketing and Communications Officer 380108
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 21:36   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats all well n good claytonender, but bags will have to go in our yard, which cats n the like will take great pleasure in ripping to shreds, whilst i accept this weather has made matters worse 3 weeks was not acceptable anyway to me.the service is crap. also if they start collecting next monday, god knows what day they will actually collect ours, so therefore the bins could be in the back wi those bags 4/5 days before collection, so please tell the ******* in charge this is NOT acceptable, i certainly will tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2010, 23:31   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats all well n good claytonender, but bags will have to go in our yard, which cats n the like will take great pleasure in ripping to shreds, whilst i accept this weather has made matters worse 3 weeks was not acceptable anyway to me.the service is crap. also if they start collecting next monday, god knows what day they will actually collect ours, so therefore the bins could be in the back wi those bags 4/5 days before collection, so please tell the ******* in charge this is NOT acceptable, i certainly will tomorrow.
I totally agree with you - some houses in my street haven't had their bins emptied for 4 weeks. They were due to be emptied on 23 December (but were not emptied until 29 December, and not everyone left their bins on their front gardens all that time). They were then due to be emptied 6 January, but weren't, so some of my neighbours have 4 weeks rubbish.

I have requested that councillors are given a revised collection schedule but not received an answer. I will pursue that tomorrow.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 23:32   #27
God Member

wow its a good job there only running a district and not the bloody county iv never heard such a poxy excuse for shutting down the council what a bloody joke

im sorry but if i can get to blackburn,preston,rishton in these conditions in a poxy front wheel drive ford focus i dont see how these conditions shoudl be able to cripple our council

everyone else is managing to get to work infact my brother has been walking to work because its either work or dont get paid i bet the council lot are getting paid and its our money paying them.

oi britcliff if your reading this sack the arse that shut down the council because of bad weather were used to ass clown decisions down there but this is taking the pi$$ i wouldnt mind but this snow is sod all compared to the 70's and 80's and i dont recall teh country yet alone accrington been brought to its knees in much worse conditions

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 06-01-2010 at 23:37.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 23:39   #28
God Member

my previous rant was base don the forst post in this thread which makes it sound like the whole council was going to be shut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevvy69 View Post
Hi all, i work for Hyndburn council, and just letting you know, its closed due to the weather conditions for the rest of the week, all collections bins or recycling WONT be collected till monday at the earliest, hope this helps

Nev
still unacceptable the streets shoudl have been gritted

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 23:44   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ta claytonender. as fer accymans comment i totally agree its damn pathetic sending em home, i can honestly say i never missed a days work in me life through any weather conditions, n older ones will remember winters were much longer n harder in the 60s, i worked fer a while fer Rishton Urban council on the bins, when ya had to carry the metal bins n tip em yerself into the sides of the wagon, in all conditions.
Old 06-01-2010, 23:54   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I totally agree with you - some houses in my street haven't had their bins emptied for 4 weeks. They were due to be emptied on 23 December (but were not emptied until 29 December, and not everyone left their bins on their front gardens all that time). They were then due to be emptied 6 January, but weren't, so some of my neighbours have 4 weeks rubbish.

I have requested that councillors are given a revised collection schedule but not received an answer. I will pursue that tomorrow.

What happens if the conditions are no better next Monday. What happens them. I was going to ask if you knew who made this decision. But I suppose we know the answer to that question.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..