Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: bins and recycling please read

The trouble is nobody round this area apart from members of accyweb know the collection has been suspended and most of the bins are out back waiting to be emptied
you would have thought the council would have at least sent someone round with a flyer to let people know.
we get plenty of junk mail even in this weather
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2010, 09:28   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
The trouble is nobody round this area apart from members of accyweb know the collection has been suspended and most of the bins are out back waiting to be emptied
you would have thought the council would have at least sent someone round with a flyer to let people know.
we get plenty of junk mail even in this weather

That's true Mick. There was a press release,but not everyone gets the Telegraph or the Observer. It's on the Councils website,but again not everyone as access to the Internet.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 15:10   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

on my way into accy today i noticed many backalleys wi Full Wheely Bins n Plastic bags out, now the bin men are back at work, just makes me wonder if "New Lane" rubbish has been already collected?
Old 11-01-2010, 15:20   #94
God Member

Just heard that some wheelies have been emptied round Church Kirk but most have not...no one appeared to know they were coming. Regular collection day is friday.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 15:32   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Just heard that some wheelies have been emptied round Church Kirk but most have not...no one appeared to know they were coming. Regular collection day is friday.
Well Church Kirk would be on the way to Whinney Hill Tip, if yer coming from New Lane.
Old 11-01-2010, 16:04   #96

Wheelie Bins not collected in New Lane i live on it and mine is still here so is the recycling
Hope that answers your question .
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 19:45   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
Wheelie Bins not collected in New Lane i live on it and mine is still here so is the recycling
Hope that answers your question .
cheers bondi38, not the answer i hoped fer but ta anyway.
Old 11-01-2010, 19:46   #98

Bins still not emptied in this area.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 20:03   #99
God Member

everyones put there bins out where i live as well as extra binbags and they havnt turned up and now thanx to the local verminous creatures known to some as cats the place looks a right sh1t hole

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 20:21   #100

I have received these two updates today about collections -

1) Received at 10.53 am

Good morning to all,

Monday 11 January

It is with regret that the weather has got the better of us once again and we are not able to deploy a full collection service. However, we have sent out the following teams to collect from the main roads on Monday's collection areas where possible;

1 Refuse vehicle
1 Recycling vehicle
1 Cardboard vehicle
Textiles vehicle

Remaining staff are going round clearing footpaths in the following areas;

Oswaldtwistle
Baxenden
Great Harwood
Clayton Le Moors
Rishton

Weather permitting we are planning a full collection service tomorrow, so residents should continue to present their containers.

I will provide an update first this in the morning as to what has been deployed.

2) Received at 3.42pm
Good afternoon to all,

Due to the continuing improvements in the weather conditions the message to all residents from today is to leave your grey bin / extra bags out, as we may be round your area (North) catching up on missed collections. However, recycling collections are only taking place as per the calendar (we do not intend to deploy catch up crews).

On Tuesday 12 January We are proposing to deploy the following resources;

Full refuse and recycling crews to Tuesday's collection areas (Recycling North and Non recycling South).

3 Refuse crews pulling back collections that we were not able to reach on Monday 11th and those areas missed in the North from last week. These crews will continue to catch up areas we missed and will take the majority of this week.

1 crew collecting trade recycling i.e. collecting card and paper (would normally be 2 crews so may not collect from every property).

1 crew starting to collect Xmas trees from areas around the Borough.

1 crew emptying litter bins.

In order to concentrate our resources on pulling back non recyclable waste (and bearing in mind there is not likely to be much green waste generated in these conditions) we have taken the decision to cancel the green waste collection that was due. Residents should take their green bin back in and present it on the 26th January - we will keep all requests for the 12th and add to those requesting a service for the 26th.

The situation regarding pickups is as before i.e. until further notice we will not be logging any requests into our system.

Hope this is of use and I will be doing a resident guide that can be posted on to the website.

If you look on Hyndburn's website you will find out whether you are on the North or South collection rotas. For anyone living in Church they are on a North collection rota.

I will keep you updated when I get more information.

Joan
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:14   #101
Give, give, give member

Hyndburn's bins make the national press.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Families' anger as bins go unemptied for 3 weeks

Still, all publicity is good publicity, as long as it's not the Duke of Kent reading the Daily Express, because we know to our cost, he doesn't know where Hyndburn is anyway.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:29   #102
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Anyone know a link to when Christmas tree collections are supposed to be?
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Remove the Angel hair from around your baubles, and then store the tree in a cool dark place until Whit Sunday, when there should be no further threat of ice, and they will be collected and turned into a mulch for the flower towers.

Last edited by garinda; 12-01-2010 at 02:52.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:49   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Neil if you either email Hyndburn BC on [email protected] or ring 01254 388111 or fax 01254 392597 you should be able to get more information.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:12   #105
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Thanks, I will do that

Just heard some unhappy ladies talking about the screwed up bin collections while stop in a shop in town.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..