Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 10:38   #106

Re: bins and recycling please read

This is the latest update on bin collection - received at 8.39am.

Also I have just come back from a funeral in Clayton and there was a recycling wagon driving up Whalley Road.

Further to yesterday's update;

I should have confirmed everyone that we have also deployed hand sweepers to the main townships this morning - emptying litter bins and picking up any litter were possible.

Because recycling crews will be unable to access everywhere today, once they have completed where they can, they will be going back to those recycling collections from any 'missed' areas. You can now confirm to these residents to leave out any containers that have already been presented and we will do our upmost to empty them over the coming week.

I am please to say that all staff are assisting each other in clearing waste off the streets as quickly as possible and this includes staff from Parks and Open who are helping with recycling collections.

Please thank residents for their understanding and confirm that we have deployed every available member of staff to pull back waste collections.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2010, 18:57   #107

Glad to say bins emptied today on New Lane thank god for that maybe we will get back to normal now .
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 19:22   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
Glad to say bins emptied today on New Lane thank god for that maybe we will get back to normal now .
Nice to know where the priorities are
Old 12-01-2010, 19:50   #109
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
Peter Britcliffe looks after us Ossy residents, mine was emptied as well today
Old 12-01-2010, 20:40   #110
Junior Member+

Didn't get as far as Roe Greave
Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 22:24   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Peter Britcliffe looks after us Ossy residents, mine was emptied as well today
Was today your normal black bin collection day and how long is it since your last time your bin was emptied?
Old 12-01-2010, 22:26   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
Didn't get as far as Roe Greave
What a suprise, thought New lane would be soon emptied though, had a premonition.
Old 13-01-2010, 06:41   #113
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Was today your normal black bin collection day and how long is it since your last time your bin was emptied?
Yes Tuesdays is our day and it was back to normal grey bin as usual. We missed our cardboard last week, the rest went ok.

They were struggling last week because they could not get the wagon to the houses. They were parked on Catlow Hall Street and carrying it a long way. I am not surprised they stopped as they would not have been able to do everyone anyway. I would guess houses further away from me may have missed being collected.
Old 13-01-2010, 08:26   #114

Quote:
Yes Tuesdays is our day and it was back to normal grey bin as usual. We missed our cardboard last week, the rest went ok.

They were struggling last week because they could not get the wagon to the houses. They were parked on Catlow Hall Street and carrying it a long way. I am not surprised they stopped as they would not have been able to do everyone anyway. I would guess houses further away from me may have missed being collected.
Thank you for the information - you were fortunate not to have missed any black bin collections - there are many areas of Hyndburn which have not had any black bin collections for 4 weeks and will not have their black bin collected until next week at the earliest.
Old 13-01-2010, 08:36   #115
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Thank you for the information - you were fortunate not to have missed any black bin collections - there are many areas of Hyndburn which have not had any black bin collections for 4 weeks and will not have their black bin collected until next week at the earliest.
yep thats my area not has a collection since a week before christmas and not due till the 22nd recyling on the 15th
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:32   #116
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I was lucky that the worst of the weather was in between my black bin collection days.

I still have more cardboard than Asda that has been here since Christmas
Old 13-01-2010, 15:19   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What a suprise, thought New lane would be soon emptied though, had a premonition.
Greg Pope's office bins not emptied yet. Obviously a conspiracy.
Old 13-01-2010, 15:49   #118
God Member

Quote:
I was lucky that the worst of the weather was in between my black bin collection days.

I still have more cardboard than Asda that has been here since Christmas
the good thing about cardboard is that it is very unresistant to fire so if worst comes to worst there are alternative options available

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 15:51   #119
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

it would be like a bonfire lol

A better idea is to leave it outside your house
Old 13-01-2010, 16:08   #120
God Member

Quote:
it would be like a bonfire lol

A better idea is to leave it outside your house

donate it to shelter

their clients will appreciate a good sturdy cardboard box

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..