Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2010, 16:12   #121
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: bins and recycling please read

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
donate it to shelter

their clients will appreciate a good sturdy cardboard box
They are all a big soggy, will it matter
Old 13-01-2010, 21:38   #122

two weeks on the trot, I suggest holding back £50 from your council tax bill
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 21:49   #123
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
two weeks on the trot, I suggest holding back £50 from your council tax bill
Anyone know how much or our Council goes towards the bins?

I doubt its £50 for the whole year.
Old 13-01-2010, 22:12   #124
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Anyone know how much or our Council goes towards the bins?

I doubt its £50 for the whole year.
Your forgetting all the paper shufflers, and
the spies to see whats in you bin, and whether you put it out on the right day.
How much does a spy earn in a year, plus the transport to carry the ladder to peep over your back yard wall, and the one who holds the ladder, how much is he on, they he will have a secretary to type all his reports, it goes on and on.

I, remember reading in the Telegraph just recently, that Lancs County employ 70 staff in the publicity department. What the hell can you find to publicise, that need so many.
Thats more staff that some newspapers employ.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 23:15   #125
God Member

i took some rubbish up to teh tip myslef i think i should be able to invoice teh council for fuel , time and deduct for services not recieved from my council tax bill.

oops cant do that teh council have this power which allows them to set a private firm of bailifs on you if you dont pay what tehy demand

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 23:24   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i took some rubbish up to teh tip myslef i think i should be able to invoice teh council for fuel , time and deduct for services not recieved from my council tax bill.

oops cant do that teh council have this power which allows them to set a private firm of bailifs on you if you dont pay what tehy demand
We had to do the same the other day. but never mind, at least New Lanes been emptied.
Old 13-01-2010, 23:40   #127
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We had to do the same the other day. but never mind, at least New Lanes been emptied.
Can't understand why yours haven't been emptied. Sure Mum said today our kids was emptied same day as hers, think it was Monday but to late to check now. Will find out later today and let you know for sure
Old 14-01-2010, 02:01   #128
God Member

Quote:
well its not looking like ours our getting done any time soon and if the clinical waste team dont show up tomorrow the poor sods down teh road will have 2 weeks worth of excrement and urine at teh end of tehir drive.

teh problem is if they dont put it out it is very hard to get them back to collect it and no one shoudl have to stock pile weeks worth of poop etc in their home yet alone standard rubbish an dit can be a bit embarrasing having weeks of excrement outside your house for all to see not to mention the health hazzard implications of it been left for cats to rip apart and fling around teh place

the council could at least provide bins for people who have clinical waste so that its secure when left outside for collection instead of plastic yellow binliners dumped at the kerb

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 14-01-2010 at 02:05.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 06:54   #129

6 weeks now still waiting for bins to be emptied.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 07:15   #130
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
but never mind, at least New Lanes been emptied.
and mine

They were very late collecting though, usually early morning and the bin was still full when I went to bed at 2pm ish.

I think they must still be struggling to get up and down the streets. They usually reverse up the back street but doubt they could have as the bottom of it is just ice from the melting snow.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:08   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ours has just bin emptied, if i hadn't bin in yard having a fag, would have missed collection.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:11   #132
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
ours has just bin emptied, if i hadn't bin in yard having a fag, would have missed collection.
It is stupid collecting on the wrong day without informing people. You are not allowed to leave your bin out all the time so most wont.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:22   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It is stupid collecting on the wrong day without informing people. You are not allowed to leave your bin out all the time so most wont.
agree, aint bin mens fault but the clowns who organise, had no idea goin off e-mail they sent mick was end of next week.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:30   #134
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I wonder if they are just doing extra streets they can get down at the end of the rounds for the day.
Old 14-01-2010, 12:11   #135
Give, give, give member

You'd have thought it common sense that up to date information re: collection days, changed because of the weather, would be listed on the council's website.

Other course it isn't. Common sense being as rare as an emptied bin.

Rossendale's idea, of getting council office workers, and the council Leader, out on the streets, to help get rubbish to main roads was a great idea.

It would have even been a great photo opportunity....for next year's calendar.

Hell, l hope our council never have to cope with a real emergency, rather than a few inches of the white stuff.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..